IT.COM

debate Showcase and Discuss your best IDN Generic Domain Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
my best so far is :

Glückskekse.com ( XN--GLCKSKEKSE-BEB.COM )

its german and means Fortune Cookies

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Michael, I've never had an IDN domain because I'm not sure of the result, why did you choose the IDN version of Glückskekse and not the one without special characters ? I do not know German so I can't imagine what a native Geman can understand from a German word with no special characters.
Do you think it would be preferable, when possible, to have both versions ?
Thank you

•••
Michael, I've never had an IDN domain because I'm not sure of the result, why did you choose the IDN version of Glückskekse and not the one without special characters ? I do not know German so I can't imagine what a native Geman can understand from a German word with no special characters.
Do you think it would be preferable, when possible, to have both versions ?
Thank you

thx
we speak usually with idn characters
some words are meaningless without

simple example is : öl ( oil ) also written oel

we grown up with them

i also got Müllabfuhr.com ( pick up the trash )

•••
thank you, I suppose this means the very often (always ?) it is not correct to register domains in German language without using idn characters when required. In your experience do you think non German people can anyway appreciate both solutions, or not ? German seems not to be an easy language but, to tell the truth, the problem to decide if register the domain with or without special characters is common for many other languages (spanish, portuguese....)and the final choice is not easy.

•••
thank you, I suppose this means the very often (always ?) it is not correct to register domains in German language without using idn characters when required. In your experience do you think non German people can anyway appreciate both solutions, or not ? German seems not to be an easy language but, to tell the truth, the problem to decide if register the domain with or without special characters is common for many other languages (spanish, portuguese....)and the final choice is not easy.

there are some very good idn sales in Germany

Gartenmöbel.de way over 100.000.-Euro and more

results counts

check here

https://domain-recht.de/domain-handel/domain-preise

.de

•••
de armbänder.de 2010 13.500 EUR

Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-03 um 20.07.13.png

•••
I like the IDN-Emoji style hybrid Glyphs such as this

Glyph-Cat.png

xn--kv7d .com

•••
Mine is probably الكويت.com, which is Kuwait in Arabic

•••
dài.com
kuān.com
dàikuān.com

dài ( dai )带
kuān ( kuan )宽
dàikuān ( daikuan ) 带宽

•••
•••
I have
Überweisung.com

Do you think it’s a problem to mix a German word with the .com?

•••
•••
•••
•••
Back