IT.COM

showcase Showcase your .APP domains!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Showcase your .APP domains! I'd love to see them...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

I have never visited a domain when looking for an app. I just search on the play store/apple store/whatever to find apps I am interested in and to read reviews.

Unless .app domains will gain some kind of preference in search results when users search for keyword + 'app' then I honestly can't see .app doing so well.

In my opinion of course.

•••

I have never visited a domain when looking for an app. I just search on the play store/apple store/whatever to find apps I am interested in and to read reviews.

Unless .app domains will gain some kind of preference in search results when users search for keyword + 'app' then I honestly can't see .app doing so well.

In my opinion of course.

Exactly same answer of mine :xf.grin:(y)

•••
Just registered 5:

Kurzreise.app (“short trip” in German)
Kurzreisen.app (“short trips” in German)
Litecoins.app
Sonnerie.app (“Ringtone” in French)
PayBTC.app

Still not sure on how to get the domains to resolve correctly.

•••
A g e n t s [dot] app:xf.grin:
Let's create an app having estate agents, domain agents, insurance agents, car agents, etc all in one platform.:xf.cool:

•••
A g e n t s [dot] app:xf.grin:
Let's create an app having estate agents, domain agents, insurance agents, car agents, etc all in one platform.:xf.cool:
Don't forget secret agents! :lookaround:

•••
•••
Still not sure on how to get the domains to resolve correctly.
They can't be parked, they are SSL-based domains.
So only redirect to Sedo sales lander or other destination.

•••
To anyone that registered any .app domains,
will you pay ssl to host them or will you let them be without any landers?

I'm referring to the extension's ssl requirement for it to work.

•••

I got a free SSL with each domain via 1&1

•••
Only picked up 2 so far but the night is young.

Pager
Blockchaintrading

•••

In my opinion of course.

Valid point. But the .app is dropping now, it's new. The threshold for visiting an .app when searching on Google will explode imo. Most app developers will certainly look into this potential.

•••
tried forwarding to marketplace via URL forwarding option at Uniregistry, but the option doesn't seem to be accessible.

•••
I have SSL-enabled domain at 1and1 (.ORG) - and no any problems to redirect it.
Should work for .app as well.

•••

In my opinion of course.

Direct link marketing + Brand Ownership? LaLiga.es/app vs. LaLiga.app
Twitter link, FB link, WhatsApp link etc.

You could say download @ the app store. But then you creative noise and opening the door to alternatives.

Or you can run the campaign and then, bang, "download now at snap.app", or "find our selection of apps at "select.app" or "poop.app, The instagram of poop".

Etc.

I think with the current app-ification, this one makes a lot of sense. But time will tell.

As for the question.

Last edited:
•••
•••
tried forwarding to marketplace via URL forwarding option at Uniregistry, but the option doesn't seem to be accessible.
Undeveloped has an SSL option. I use it. Maybe that'll work?

•••
shouldn't this be the official .app thread?

the forum is flooded with .app threads.

•••
Accommodation
Provenance

2 x 3 letters, waiting for whois update.

FREE SSL at GoDaddy with each purchase. Easy to set-up.

•••
•••
•••

Apparently, you can get free SSL certificates via Let's Encrypt, but it's very confusing and technical. I will definitely need to get these certificates somehow, otherwise how can we sell these things? At present, I don't think they're accepted in Afternic, Sedo, etc. so all channels to end-users are cut off unless you have a for sale landing page.

All of my .app so far are at Uniregistry, so I will be reaching out to them to see if they can help me. It seems like unless you're very tech savvy, you have to enlist the registrar's help in doing this.

•••
•••
Apparently, you can get free SSL certificates via Let's Encrypt, but it's very confusing and technical. I will definitely need to get these certificates somehow, otherwise how can we sell these things? At present, I don't think they're accepted in Afternic, Sedo, etc. so all channels to end-users are cut off unless you have a for sale landing page.

All of my .app so far are at Uniregistry, so I will be reaching out to them to see if they can help me. It seems like unless you're very tech savvy, you have to enlist the registrar's help in doing this.

I think by redirecting to sedo's, afternic's & Uni's sales pages (instead of parking pages) you should be ok since they are 'secured'.

I'm currently waiting to see if I managed to get a couple of .app domains I pre-regged -still haven't heard from my registrar- and, if successful, I'll contact the various marketplaces to see how they can handle that.

If it comes to paying for SSL (pretty sure all those 'free' ssl will be 1-year only, correct?) I'll just leave a blank lander and show my domains only in the searchable market lists.

•••
I think by redirecting to sedo's, afternic's & Uni's sales pages (instead of parking pages) you should be ok since they are 'secured'.

I don't think that will work, but if you or someone else gets that to work, let us know.

•••
Back