Dynadot

showcase Showcase your Defi & Decentralized names & any news

NameSilo
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Inspired by @capiche 's sale (congratz by the way!) and @DomainBarracksRob idea for a showcase thread, I thought I would set one up.

Courtesy of Github:

What is Decentralized Finance?
Decentralized finance (#defi) is the movement that leverages open source software and decentralized networks to transform traditional financial products into trustless and transparent protocols that operate without unnecessary intermediaries. One could envision decentralized finance impacting the financial world the same way that open source software has changed software products.

https://github.com/ong/awesome-decentralized-finance

The below gives a nice breakdown on what it is all about

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/decentralized-finance

https://blockonomi.com/what-is-decentralized-finance-defi

I regged 2 today and will not be going on any mad reg spree.......

Defi Mortgages.com
Defi Securities.com

Please share your names, related news and your thoughts...............

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dropping all web3/crypto related domains this year. End users in this field in general either don't understand or don't care about domains.

I've seen many examples where they don't even want the exact match .com. There will be some sales but seems to be a risky area to me, much safer bets available for the same price.

Just my opinion

•••
Dropping all web3/crypto related domains this year. End users in this field in general either don't understand or don't care about domains.

I've seen many examples where they don't even want the exact match .com. There will be some sales but seems to be a risky area to me, much safer bets available for the same price.

Just my opinion

Crypto folk don't want .coms, they represent the old world.

•••
Crypto folk don't want .coms, they represent the old world.
Sure but there doesn't seem to be any consensus on which extension they do want.

Some prefer .xyz, some .io, recently trending towards .org, some .market, some even go for .tech or .FYI, or .wtf just really random stuff. This is when the rest are all available BTW.

This makes it risky since you either have to guess and hope you're right or you have to reg everything. Very costly

Maybe I've missed some pattern but I personally won't be continuing in this field. About 1/3 of my portfolio is in this field BTW so I'd love to be wrong.

•••
Sure but there doesn't seem to be any consensus on which extension they do want.

Some prefer .xyz, some .io, recently trending towards .org, some .market, some even go for .tech or .FYI, or .wtf just really random stuff. This is when the rest are all available BTW.

This makes it risky since you either have to guess and hope you're right or you have to reg everything. Very costly

Maybe I've missed some pattern but I personally won't be continuing in this field. About 1/3 of my portfolio is in this field BTW so I'd love to be wrong.

By "crypto folk" I was referring to projects without companies and funding behind them. Pump and dump memecoins or nfts and that kind of territory. They use (hand reg) exotic extensions just for the coolness factor.

Most VC-backed crypto companies still prefer .com

https://builtin.com/companies/type/cryptocurrency-companies

•••
Whats up with defi?

This thread has gone very quite?

Please …allow me to answer this and put your worries at ease….(last Friday)

0E1324DB-CABF-4AEB-B259-4AAF0C190074.jpeg

Buckle Up 2024 is going to be pretty good for DeFi 🚀 ….. 🐂 inbound!

This is an enduser, but not the RIGHT one.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Just acquired ,

defi . com . ph

For the Philippines Market !!

Last edited:
•••

Just my opinion

Crypto a d related has been my biggest niche. I've made 5 figures in crypto related sales over the years, but they dried up for me after last year. I don't anticipate things picking up either.

•••
Disagree when it comes to Defi......

Barely even scratched the surface when it comes to mainstream adoption

•••
regged
(dawtcom)

LendingDeFi

Last edited:
•••
Recent pick-up:

DefiTheOdds (.)com

•••