Impact
So I found a good two keywords domain..

Keyword+ keyword (plural) .org
Taken in 14 extensions

Keyword+keyword .net
Taken in 10 extensions

Which one should I purchase?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

what if, one person owned all the other registered extensions, for those two names?

also, how can anybody say, when they don't know the actual domains in question?

imo...

•••
If you don't know, take you hands off the wheel :) Stay here and learn as much as you can before you buy again.

•••
If you don't know, take you hands off the wheel :) Stay here and learn as much as you can before you buy again.
I'm asking to learn!!!!

•••
in my opinion the .org has higher chance than .net

Last edited:
•••
•••
in my opinion the .net has higher chance than .org.

Seriously though....

Inter.net vs inter.org
Donate.net vs donate.org

Can't give any educated advice without knowing the domain.

•••

Taken in 14 extensions

Keyword+keyword .net
Taken in 10 extensions

.net is good option to be developed as small business in your niche. IMO, .org usually associate with any non profit organization, charity and social activities

•••
I would consider a Ngtld

Last edited:
•••
Depends on the business in question. Generally speaking, an "ORG" may sway towards predominately physical entities (the likes of charities / things standing for a cause like their "ORG"), and a "NET" may sway towards predominately digital entities. IMO

If you're a shoe shop called "flippers", and most of your sales / activity is derived or expected to come from online: FLIPPERS DOT NET may be best

If most of your sales / activity is derived or expected to come from the physical world, maybe you're more than just a shop...an organisation with a wide range of interests: FLIPPERS DOT ORG may be best

Last edited:
•••
It depends. I prefer .ORG when the term makes sense, but some commercial terms don't make sense in .ORG.

I would rather have CarpetCleaning.net than .org, but would rather have CureCancer.org than .NET.

I have no problem with .NET. I own and have sold many but IMO really only .COM, .ORG, and popular ccTLD are usually the #1 choice of an end user.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

Taken in 14 extensions

Keyword+keyword .net
Taken in 10 extensions

I'm asking to learn!!!!
Hi

despite the replies to a vague question,
you still haven't disclosed the actual terms that would really help you learn the associated value.

what you consider "good", is subjective as is,
and when paired with a metric of 10 extensions registered, then subjectivity increases.

get clarity, if you really want to learn.

imo...

•••
I have no problem with .NET. I own and have sold many but IMO really only .COM, .ORG, and popular ccTLD are usually the #1 choice of an end user.

Brad

I agree, and that was shown clearly in the sale prices.

•••
It all depends what you want it to do

•••
I would consider a Ngtld
Why? Can you please explain?
Can you sell ngtld easily?
I noticed everyone confirming to invest in .com only..

•••
Because there could be better naming options. But without knowing more maybe what you're considering now between the .net and the .org works better in those.

Are you looking to sell (that's why the "everyone confirming in .com") or develop (nG's are harder to sell but can be attuned to a better match)? It's all about the name, otherwise, how long is a piece of string?

•••

I think I misunderstood your question and thought you was looking for a domain for personal use

Last edited:
•••
As you are asking this type of question, maybe you should refrain from buying any of the domains. Instead, read and learn more until you're considerably sure.

•••
.org imo with the changes where it can be used commercially more options and a bit more end user recognition than .net

•••
It depends on the field. A .org is usually better, but a .net is preferable in certain situations such as websites that sell B2B

•••
Going by just TLDs taken, unless they are in a very early niche, I wouldn't touch .net and .org that are less than 50 TLDs taken, which doesn't mean there aren't gems with less.

Plural also means it is usually a keyword, so unless it is something like NFTs or something of that sort, I would be vert wary of registeriing pural, speacially in ,.org and .net , unless you want to develop an info site or a blog on your own. But not for resale

•••
•••
Going by just TLDs taken, unless they are in a very early niche, I wouldn't touch .net and .org that are less than 50 TLDs taken, which doesn't mean there aren't gems with less.

Plural also means it is usually a keyword, so unless it is something like NFTs or something of that sort, I would be vert wary of registeriing pural, speacially in ,.org and .net , unless you want to develop an info site or a blog on your own. But not for resale

I agree 14 extensions isn't incredible. 50+ would be better. You have to think, if it's available chances are it's not good. Not always, but if you're not sure then I would say probably not.

•••

Taken in 14 extensions

Keyword+keyword .net
Taken in 10 extensions

I see you have tight budget? I will register domain where the .com is not for sale or already a website

•••
Back