Dynadot

Atom marketplace (formerly Squadhelp Marketplace)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Everyone can agree that Atom.com is a great Name, but it has no association with what the markets place is about, so I do not understand this rebranding, especially in the light of the strong brand that has been built on the SquadHelp name.

Last edited:
•••
•••
@WordMills You're misquoting. I did not say anything like that.
Sorry, Future Sensors. That was supposed to be my quote, but somehow Namepros attributed it to you.

Here it is again: "A great name? Not so much. Atom suggests small, but not growth. Imagine seed or acorn as names."

Last edited:
•••
I had up to 14 premium domains at one time and none of them sold. I have bought names on namepros that were SH premium, but when I went to add them, they were rejected.

•••
Sorry, Future Sensors. That was supposed to be my quote, but somehow Namepros attributed it to you.

Here it is again: "A great name? Not so much. Atom suggests small, but not growth. Imagine seed or acorn as names."
Seed and Acorn are great names just like Atom. They suggest the birth of something and something at a beginning stage. So very appropriate.

You trying to say great names are not great is just silliness.

I am just not convinced this great name will improve the seller experience and sell through rates. Thats all that matters.

•••
I had up to 14 premium domains at one time and none of them sold. I have bought names on namepros that were SH premium, but when I went to add them, they were rejected.

Did you check if the names were truly SH premium by looking at them on SH first? If so - you should only buy those SH premium names in the SH Wholesale Marketplace so you can ensure they are transferred and thus cannot be rejected

•••
Everyone can agree that Atom.com is a great Name, but it has no association with what the markets place is about, so I do not understand this rebranding, especially in the light of the strong brand that has been built on the SquadHelp name.
Same thinking, this Atom is wrong rebrand.

If they were smart it would cost only 100K USD to learn from me the most important brands in the world, but no they like to play cat and mouse. Yeah continue to rebrand and waste money on this names until later you will regret.
Want to get out of biz even Afternic? Contact me, there is still some time left. :xf.cool:
imo

•••
Did you check if the names were truly SH premium by looking at them on SH first? If so - you should only buy those SH premium names in the SH Wholesale Marketplace so you can ensure they are transferred and thus cannot be rejected
It was before there was a transferr option

•••
The website is functioning smoothly.

•••
Same thinking, this Atom is wrong rebrand.

If they were smart it would cost only 100K USD to learn from me the most important brands in the world, but no they like to play cat and mouse. Yeah continue to rebrand and waste money on this names until later you will regret.
Want to get out of biz even Afternic? Contact me, there is still some time left. :xf.cool:
imo

The website is functioning smoothly.

@ max capacity

•••
Sounds frustrating. If the domain was being sold on NP as a "Squadhelp-approved" domain, could youreturn the domain to the seller and get your money back? Perhaps worth asking the seller and even the mods, if further clarity is needed.

Part of the reason "Squadhelp," now "Atom" matters for domains is that their "premium" designation presumaby increases sales.
If a domain sale is done under a misunderstanding of Squadhelp's premium designation, hopefully the seller would act in good faith and reverse the sale.

Last edited:
•••
If the domain was being sold on NP as a "Squadhelp-approved" domain
Note this information on Atom/Squadhelp:

Mentioning "Squadhelp" brand name while selling your names in third party sites is not allowed. For example, posts such as "Squadhelp approved names for sale" in third party sites are not allowed regardless of your listing status with Squadhelp.

And:

Premium Listings: For your premium Marketplace listings, you are not allowed to post "for sale" messages or listings on third party/ public websites (e.g. NamePros, AfterNic etc). If you would like to sell your domains to other sellers, you can take advantage of the private Seller to Seller marketplace hosted at Squadhelp.

Last edited:
•••
Note this information on Atom/Squadhelp:

Mentioning "Squadhelp" brand name while selling your names in third party sites is not allowed. For example, posts such as "Squadhelp approved names for sale" in third party sites are not allowed regardless of your listing status with Squadhelp.

And:

Premium Listings: For your premium Marketplace listings, you are not allowed to post "for sale" messages or listings on third party/ public websites (e.g. NamePros, AfterNic etc). If you would like to sell your domains to other sellers, you can take advantage of the private Seller to Seller marketplace hosted at Squadhelp.
Thanks for clarifying that.

So "Atom" will also keep the same requirements about exclusivity and branding advertising?

Good to know BTW that they do have a private seller-to-seller marketplace as an option.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back