Dynadot

Atom marketplace (formerly Squadhelp Marketplace)

NameSilo
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Once SH started to discourage 'keyword stuffing' I suggested adding a separate section called 'Related Keywords' because three root words are not enough, sellers need to put those other valuable keywords somewhere and it would be super helpful for buyers looking for a name related to a certain concept, but not necessarily involving that particular keyword. Also, it could give SH some extra valuable insights and help their AI suggest more relevant names.

I see now that this was implemented. Yay! :giggle: However, so far it looks like those keywords are assigned automatically and sellers can't edit them. I hope SH will allow sellers to edit those keywords because right now see that some of those 'relevant keywords are not so relevant and I would like to replace them with something better. @GrantP? :xf.smile:

Attachments

• 1649172637726.png
    1649172637726.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
•••
Once SH started to discourage 'keyword stuffing' I suggested adding a separate section called 'Related Keywords' because three root words are not enough, sellers need to put those other valuable keywords somewhere and it would be super helpful for buyers looking for a name related to a certain concept, but not necessarily involving that particular keyword. Also, it could give SH some extra valuable insights and help their AI suggest more relevant names.

I see now that this was implemented. Yay! :giggle: However, so far it looks like those keywords are assigned automatically and sellers can't edit them. I hope SH will allow sellers to edit those keywords because right now see that some of those 'relevant keywords are not so relevant and I would like to replace them with something better. @GrantP? :xf.smile:
Yes the related keywords are generated automatically. I can edit only the three root keywords.

•••
Yes the related keywords are generated automatically. I can edit only the three root keywords.
I blue-buttoned a request to let sellers edit those related keywords manually because some of those keywords are not related at all and sellers may have better ideas. I hope they will implement this feature in the future.

•••
I blue-buttoned a request to let sellers edit those related keywords manually because some of those keywords are not related at all and sellers may have better ideas. I hope they will implement this feature in the future.
UPDATE: related keywords are now editable! Yay :giggle:

•••
UPDATE: related keywords are now editable! Yay :giggle:

But how can you generate the related keywords automatically? I have 275 premium domains, adding the related keywords manually would take me days.

•••
Dear @GrantP please add automatic Dan syndication (like in the case of Sedo), your competitors already support Dan! You are missing out on a few extra sales. Lost opportunity.

•••
Hi, I agree, really need Dan syndication.
In addition, I would be glad if there was automatic syndication with Afternic. Now we are allowed to publish personal premium domains there, it would be great if the SH itself placed all premium domains on other sites.

Last edited:
•••
Hi, How long does it take SH to process the sale payment to Wise account? It's been 6 days now since they said payment is processed to Wise, but I haven't received any payment yet into my Wise account yet. @GrantP

•••
+1 for Dan syndication. Or any other important marketplace out-there that Sh doesn't have a partnership with at the moment.

I don't see competition, I see a lot of opportunities :)

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

One week or so ago Grant announced three changes at Squadhelp:

1. "Early Payoff Incentives

Now you can offer incentives to buyers to pay off the remaining installment balance in full"

I haven't tried this one yet, but could be helpful.

2. "Instant Payouts

We have added the ability to send payouts via PayPal, Wise or Payoneer immediately after you request a payout. There are certain eligibility conditions for a Payout to be eligible for Instant Payouts"

I've won a $200 contest a few hours ago so I had the chance to test this new feature and I've received instantly my money on PayPal.

So now if you win a contest or sell a domain name (and you are eligible) you can immediately get your money on PayPal, Wise or Payoneer and that's great, because you won't have to wait day(s) anymore like in the past.

3. "Domain Keywords

In order to further improve the discovery for relevant domains, you now have the ability to assign relevant keywords to your domains. In order to minimize any additional work, our AI will automatically detect relevant keywords based upon the root words associated with the domain. However you have the ability to fine tune these keywords by updating the Domain Classification. You can also update the related keywords via Google Sheets integration"

That's what @NameWell was talking about.

You can add maximum 12 keywords per domain and most of the automatically AI assigned keywords are OK, but there's always room for improvement. For example, if your domain's primary category is "Tech, Internet, Software" I've observed that AI will always add/repeat some low-fi keywords, like "all, best, pro, red, blue etc".

What do you guys think about all these changes?

Thank you,

Alex

•••
Everything that is being done is for the best. However, I still don't understand why keywords are needed if the SH search engine is doing well enough. It will be very difficult for domainers with large portfolios to make edits, even with Google tables

Last edited:
•••
Squadhelp is the innovation guru, no wonder that now Squadhelp has the largest inventory among the brandable domain name marketplaces.

And don't forget these two, not that well-known features of Squadhelp:

You can list any domains there, not just the premium domains. Even if they reject a domain, you can list it there, it just won't appear in their premium marketplace. But you can even order remarketing and logo for these standard listings. You don't need the WLM feature for these standard listings, the WLM marketplace is optional.

You can learn more about these standard listings here:

https://helpdesk.squadhelp.com/en/articles/4466451-what-are-standard-and-premium-listings
https://helpdesk.squadhelp.com/en/articles/4489499-what-is-exposure-upgrade-for-standard-listings

The other little-known feature is this:
https://helpdesk.squadhelp.com/en/articles/5524079-import-a-lead-for-standard-wlm-listings

If you have found a buyer for one of your domains outside SH platform, you can import that lead and only pay 4.5% commission to SH.

•••
SquadHelp has some questionable marketing tactics. When I type in Brandpa, Brandbucket and Lean Domain Search (there are likely others) I get their competitors name with a SH ad as the first result.

This tactic could backfire and it looks desperate. If I want to go to Brandbucket and I am highjacked with SH ad I am going to think SH is a shady company and never use it. I expect better from them. Its kind of slimey.

•••
Domain appeals are working again! They have approved my five domain appeals, so it is worth asking for a second review when your domain got rejected but you think it should be a premium domain name.

•••
Domain appeals are working again! They have approved my five domain appeals, so it is worth asking for a second review when your domain got rejected but you think it should be a premium domain name.
You write so enthusiastically that I wanted to join your luck and find out which domains are usually approved in SH. Please give me a link to your profile there.

•••
You write so enthusiastically that I wanted to join your luck and find out which domains are usually approved in SH. Please give me a link to your profile there.
Just browse their marketplace to find out, also check out the domain insights and past sales (you need a silver account).
Keywords with high Namebio sales will be more likely accepted.

•••
Just browse their marketplace to find out, also check out the domain insights and past sales (you need a silver account).
Keywords with high Namebio sales will be more likely accepted.
Of course, I'll take a look, especially since I have a gold status. It's just that your messages are so laudatory, which is very similar to advertising, so I wanted to make sure that these messages were written by a real experienced domainer

•••
Of course, I'll take a look, especially since I have a gold status. It's just that your messages are so laudatory, which is very similar to advertising, so I wanted to make sure that these messages were written by a real experienced domainer
I don't work for Squadhelp, I'm just sharing my experience and tips here. There are more experienced domainers than me, just check out the leaderboard in your SH dashboard, you can even see their portfolios there :)

•••
I don't work for Squadhelp, I'm just sharing my experience and tips here. There are more experienced domainers than me, just check out the leaderboard in your SH dashboard, you can even see their portfolios there :)
Clear. I like the Squadhelp too. In my personal rating, I put the SH in first place. But I have to place a lot of unapproved domains on other sites. Unfortunately, almost no one sees standard domains unless they are offered in contests. I hope the SH team will come up with a better mechanism for their positioning in order to attract even more domainers to their ranks

Last edited:
•••
He's right. I also got one approved on Saturday I didn't even remember asking for a review for the domain

•••
If the domain is approved, it's very good! But what should someone do who has hundreds and thousands of domains whose sales bring the squad more profit? I think that the number of requests should depend on the status. For example, 2 requests for a domainer with a small portfolio,, 5 for silver status, 10 for gold and 25 for platinum (at least)

•••
No. They are already doing it in the right way. If they should go by your proposed method, they will have many reviews per month. 5 per account is fine for every seller to have limited reviews per month.

•••
No. They are already doing it in the right way. If they should go by your proposed method, they will have many reviews per month. 5 per account is fine for every seller to have limited reviews per month.
So, if you have only 5 domains or 5000 domains, there is no difference for you? I don't think it's normal to have only 5 requests for domainers with different statuses. Then it would be correct to cancel the requests altogether and wait 60 days until the next approval.

•••
So, if you have only 5 domains or 5000 domains, there is no difference for you? I don't think it's normal to have only 5 requests for domainers with different statuses. Then it would be correct to cancel the requests altogether and wait 60 days until the next approval.
Well, you have to consider the reviewer's time in your consideration. They have enough new reviews to go through already so adding additional reviews will be an extra load and this will affect overall review time if they go by your proposal

•••

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back