IT.COM

Suggestions for next Radio NamePros Broadcast?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GF

Domain BuyerVIP Member
Impact
I'm putting together topics for a future NamePros radio broadcast. If you have suggestions for topics, please e-mail me at: [email protected]

Thanks!

-Galel

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
How about let people host broadcasts for their websites every now and then?

For example, Mark could do industry news or something for Dot Sauce, I could perhaps have some live interviews for Success Circuit.

Maybe have RJ do something if he is not too busy?

•••
Hey aslong as the break room is still in the mix I'm happy.

•••
I emailed you about a nice topic - interview some teenage domainers :D I always thought that'd be cool.

•••
Jacob Nicholson said:
I emailed you about a nice topic - interview some teenage domainers :D I always thought that'd be cool.

Got your e-mail, thanks!

Are there any teenage domainers who would be willing to go onto Radio NP to be interviewed??

I'd be happy to record an interview with you over the phone... Feel free to shoot me a PM or e-mail.

-G

•••
Ohhh! Good!!! I want to get something going with the radio.. its just rotting away.

I was thinking of making some namepros/domain music/songs. I am moving at the moment though, will be all set up in the new place in a couple weeks.

•••
Here are my suggestions:

1. Interviews with top domainers and their take on the present scenario as well as future outlook. Start with RJ ;)

2. Interviews with top tech company heads.

3. A domainers fun hour where everything goes :D

Are there any teenage domainers even worth interviewing?

Cheers

•••
Samit said:
Are there any teenage domainers even worth interviewing?
Hi sexy ;)

I'd do an interview.. not as a teenage domainer, everyone listening would face palm listening at me being a fail domainer - maybe web developer. ;)

•••
randomly pick (from a pool of those that have shown interest) to do a "Tips from a domainer to a domainer" where they might share a method, tool, or a process of how they go about finding endusers, new domains, expiring gems etc.

Granted some would not want to share all their tricks, but I'm sure it would generate some helpful tips for many. Could be done as a phone interview, & stored for reference much like the "Newbie sticky tips"

•••
notlikeyou said:
randomly pick (from a pool of those that have shown interest) to do a "Tips from a domainer to a domainer" where they might share a method, tool, or a process of how they go about finding endusers, new domains, expiring gems etc.

Granted some would not want to share all their tricks, but I'm sure it would generate some helpful tips for many. Could be done as a phone interview, & stored for reference much like the "Newbie sticky tips"

Love that idea! you could bring up topics such as how to sell, what types of domains to buy, things like that.

Sean

•••
Am I worth interviewing?

Just ask if I can help with any thing else :)

Last edited:
•••
can i give mp3s to run on the namepros radio

•••
•••
michelshawn said:
can i give mp3s to run on the namepros radio

Sure we take MP3s for the parties, please make sure to send up the clean versions of the sons since we do not want to offend anyone who may be listenin. :bingo: PM me and I can send you the email address

•••
notlikeyou said:

I concur. Everyone wants to interview top domainers and top this and top that. But namepros.com is for the average domainer. Personally, I'd to see an end to the rehashing of the same old "tips." They don't work for the average joe and they're so .com bust-era.

Domaining is a TINY niche and NP radio is an excellent way to start something spunky and viral. I'd like to hear how to deploy real work and offline marketing strategies to sell yourself first and then your service. Alot of online companies or websites FAIL because they have a one-track mind solely based on online marketing.

Here's a concept: NPers spend alot of time on the web anyway. We should be harnessing the web and our social networks and start case studies about the technicalities of the online world as a whole not just domaining as a part. Do surveys, make a documentary, do some interviews. It makes for unique experiences, it can all tie into domaining and it's FREE.

In my mind, the web can't function without a domain name. Starts with a concept, then you have to name it and buy the domain but where? The find developers, but how? I'm sure everyone wants to know how it went from a few letters in the address bar to a few million visitors, to a couple hundred million dollars. All without being something I can touch, taste, or smell. But I can LOVE it! :) Sorry but I have an imagination bigger than my body and I'm way bored of hearing tips I already know about. I'm old school and would like to hear about how they did it back in the day.

Set a deadline for unique ideas and beta concept submissions. Essentially, we are doing an elevator pitch about why our findings can work for the average joe and a top domainer alike. After the deadline, staff selects a few potentials. then we all collectively vote on what case studies and findings we are most interested in tuning into. It gives the community an invitation to come closer, input ideas, share and remix viral ideas. The winners will be selling themselves and their talent. It's also a good way to use old school with new school to make a massive impact on the way average joes do business and a great way to learn the importance of creative commons licensing. But we first have to come together.

Em

Last edited:
•••
I hope interacting with few selected members will be also a good idea

Not only wit mod but i am talking abt members

•••
Back