IT.COM

discuss The Big Lie in the Domain Industry, Traffic Stats

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
I have been mainly using Sedo and Godaddy parking and sales landers for the past few months and was kind surprised by the number of unique visitors that I was getting considering the very low number of offers or lack thereof for the majority of my domains. Even the offer page views at Sedo were way up there for a lot of my domains while receiving no offers at all on them.

At Sedo I had about 450k unique visitors in the past 12 months on my portfolio of around 1000 domains and some of my domains had consistent offer page views over 50 per month without receiving any offers.

Godaddy doesn’t currently offer stats on sales landers, but they provide very inflated traffic stats on Godaddy Auctions.

Finally I decided to use Parking Crew for my domains and from what I can see the traffic stats for unique visitors and offer page views seem to be more realistic.

I like the fact that Parking Crew still allows me to use Afternic and Sedo sales landers which I like to switch around between occasionally.

My question is if Parking Crew can provide true stats why can’t Sedo and Godaddy and although most experienced domainers know that these stats are mostly from bots, but isn’t that going to be misleading to end users or even new domainers who rely on these false stats to make a domain purchase.

This situation can not be allowed to go on any longer.

We need to have true and accurate stats throughout the Domain Industry.

IMO

Thread Rules:

Everyone’s opinion is welcomed as long as it’s on topic and that things are kept on the professional, constructive, and respectful side. Constructive criticism for the purpose of pointing out the flaws in the domain Industry is allowed, but keep all negative, insulting, rude, and hateful comments out of this thread.

Disclaimer: I am not afflicted with or work for anyone in the Domain Industry.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Selling domains no need a lot of traffics, we only need 1 real traffic per domains to hit BIN or make offer seriously.

But we should build a valuable traffic when we develop website to sell product / services, attract more new visitor and promote our website massively

•••
I like the fact that Parking Crew still allows me to use Afternic and Sedo sales landers which I like to switch around between occasionally.
So they allow Godaddy/Afternic Ns3 Ns4 and Ns5 Ns6 landers for your domains. Is this straight forward? And you can still get visitor stats for these landers whilst its not technically parked? (sorry for a late reply to older thread)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back