Dynadot

Google The end of PR ? Per Google - UPDATED 3/2016

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Question:
GrenadeApe said:
Oh i see thanks for the info... I heard something about PR going away, I can see it happening. What would be the alternative if so?

Answer:
Moz domain/page authority, Majestic trustflow/citationflow, Ahrefs domain rank ... much better indicators anyway because they're not months out-of-date like TBPR.

•••
Been saying this for quite some time.
About time for sure.
Now if google will eliminate page rank completely.
So no site or domain shows any pr.

•••
I thunk there is something around called " real page rank " maybe that will become the parameter to look at..even though I think tf and cf are the only real ones as everything else can be manipulated quite easily

•••
Nope, that has been around for years and means nothing now.

•••
oh..ok. Didn't know that.
I am learning my way to seo & websites :xf.smile:

•••
There are better alternatives to page rank

•••
I thunk there is something around called " real page rank " maybe that will become the parameter to look at..even though I think tf and cf are the only real ones as everything else can be manipulated quite easily
You're talking about the metric that Google uses internally - it is never shared and never has been. Instead, they gave people that page rank snapshot "toy" better known as "toolbar page rank."

Yes, domain authority and the rest are just as easy to game...

•••
What could be better than pagerank? alexa? And please define better.
Does this mean all sites are going to stay at their current pr? And it's impossbie to gain it now?

•••
Alexa and other metrics, as stated, are so easy to manipulate.
Google only knows about page rank, will all sites keep what they have, blabh blah blah.
So quite freaking obsessing over a dumbass metric!

•••
The only parameters that can't be manipulated are TF and CF and the ratio between the 2 of them

•••
Citation factor could be manipulated quite easily. Trust factor more difficult but not impossible...

Don't chase metrics , chase results.

•••
Citation factor could be manipulated quite easily. Trust factor more difficult but not impossible...

Don't chase metrics , chase results.

Yes that's for sure. My comments related to making choices when buying or registering domains

•••
Yes that's for sure. My comments related to making choices when buying or registering domains

Too many domain buyers look at the numbers and never look at what's behind them. I don't buy anything without popping it into ahrefs (or majestic - I use ahrefs because I don't currently have a subscription to both) and seeing where the numbers come from. I've seen domains being sold as high PR / DA propped up by a ton of nasty anchor-text spam. PR is/was particularly advantageous to these sellers - since a domain could be whacked for spamming but good toolbar PR would linger for months because of the lag time between updates.

•••
•••
What is the future then
What do you mean??? It's not changing anything,if you must have "numbers", just choose a similar link-based metric that makes sense to you. Metrics from Moz, ahrefs or majestic won't reflect Google's opinion (like "graybar" negative PR), but you can still evaluate risk by looking at the link profile.

•••
Many establishments would not like to share the genuine process or mention the actuality of certain techniques that may be favorable even in the future as it was in the past. Similarly, Google would like to keep ambiguity about the concern for PageRank and its importance and giving out just that there would be not updates in the toolbar.

•••
It's official - Buh-bye, Toolbar PageRank.
if you are using a tool or a browser that shows you PageRank data from Google, within the next couple weeks, it will begin not to show any data at all.

Google explained that Google still does use PageRank data internally within their ranking algorithm, but the external PageRank values shown in the Toolbar is going away completely.

No surprise, since it hadn't been updated in years.

http://searchengineland.com/google-has-confirmed-they-are-removing-toolbar-pagerank-244230

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back