Dynadot

information THE FINE LINE BETWEEN OPTIMISM & DELUSION IN SALES

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Thought this was a very good read, I have fallen into the delusional trap a few times in my life.

Definitely worth a read for people new to domaining, sales and those that need a gentle reminder that not every enquiry is a done deal :xf.smile:

"I trust that you are a psychologically stable human being. So why do you sometimes get delusional about the opportunities in your pipeline? In sales there is a fine line between optimism, which the dictionary defines as a “tendency to look on the more favorable side of events and to expect the most favorable outcome,” and delusion, which is described as “a false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact.”

"Getting excited about an opportunity is normal. But an opportunity is not a done deal. When there’s not enough business on the books or hot leads in the pipeline, it can be difficult to maintain some skepticism about a new business opportunity."

"You have taught yourself to be disciplined about your approach to the reality of a new opportunity that is not yet closed. Yet even the most successful sales professionals are vulnerable to the optimism trap, thinking and talking too much about a promising opportunity before it really deserves such energy and attention.

Why do we do this?"

Read the rest below......

https://selling180.com/blogs/toms-blog/the-fine-line-between-optimism-and-delusion-in-sales#:~:text=In sales there is a,or confrontation with actual fact.”

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back