IT.COM

analysis The future of brandable domains and general domains

NameSilo
Watch

Creative Domainer

Established Member
Impact
As the big domain investors are complaining of downturn in domaining, what is happening to you? How many domains have you sold since January 2022? And please indicate how many domains you have, if you like, to make the situation easier to understand.
Also, what do you think is the future of the domain industry? Will this industry grow and domain investors will see good days or is there a chance of deficit? Actually, I want to invest more in domains, but I intend to focus only on SquadHelp and not buy the rest of the domains. If I acquire 200 SquadHelp seller owned names, will this be profitable for me? Or if I buy 200 domains out of SquadHelp (means not approved by SH but still they have good quality) will pthis be profitable for me?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's just too many questions that you are asking for one thread. Half of them have been asked and answered here 1000 times, another half is just fairy dust that no one wants to spend a time on, answering.
Ask one thing at a time and try to put it into the right category. Good luck.

•••
Verisign used MostCreativeDomainNames.com domain name for the marketing purposes...not brandable lol.

Keyword-rich domains are rising. Because Hey Google find me...

•••
It's just too many questions that you are asking for one thread. Half of them have been asked and answered here 1000 times, another half is just fairy dust that no one wants to spend a time on, answering.
Probably best if the op uses the search function as the same threads can be found elsewhere.

Last edited:
•••
If you are asking questions above, you are not ready to invest in domains.

One thing particular about domains is that they are anything but a commodity. You can't go like "if I buy SH names, it will provide x% profitability" or "if I buy outside of SH, it will provide x% profitability". Each name is unique and while some of them can be categorized in some ways, you still have to know a lot to distinguish a gem from a trash.

•••
Basically there are two questions:
1. What is the future of domain trading?
2. The question about SquadHelp domains and other domains I’ve asked for comparison, because when we look at brandable domains they are usually handpicked, they have no end-users at the moment, but other domains we buy with the end user in mind.

•••

Last edited:
•••
The question about SquadHelp domains and other domains I’ve asked for comparison, because when we look at brandable domains they are usually handpicked, they have no end-users at the moment, but other domains we buy with the end user in mind.
@Recons.Com

Last edited:
•••
Basically there are two questions:
1. What is the future of domain trading?
2. The question about SquadHelp domains and other domains I’ve asked for comparison, because when we look at brandable domains they are usually handpicked, they have no end-users at the moment, but other domains we buy with the end user in mind.
How do you know they have no end users? Plenty sell brandables on our own with no dependence on a brandable market. People are brainwashed to think they can’t sell a brandable domain without SH etc holding their hand and taking a good chunk their money.

Back to I think the intent of your questions— buying 200 SH names does not mean they are ever going to sell, sell routinely or sell anytime soon. The “curated” aspect is simply your fellow domainers over there. Buy any 200 names- how many will sell in a year?

The only way to have some level of success in domaining is to learn to assess names for yourself and know proper pricing for that name.

You need to pick good names and know why they are good. Not because someone at SH approved but simply because you have gained the knowledge to know yourself why something is worth buying or not.

•••
How do you know they have no end users? Plenty sell brandables on our own with no dependence on a brandable market.
My point is that most brandable domains are registered with only one extension .com, and if you check on dotdb or Google you will not find the end user of that name at the moment. It's a different matter that luckily that domain will be sold later. When we buy other domains, we research and keep in mind the end users before we purchase them.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Back