IT.COM

The Shady Workings of SAV.com

NameSilo
Watch

primenames

Established Member
Impact
I have been using Sav.com For Some time now ( They are allowing free backorders so why anyone would not), I caught some low-level domains with SAV (only .co's and never a .com, until its search volume is ZERO).

The Service was Okayish for .co's backordering for a while but I don't know if anyone has noticed this or not, In recent times all the backorders are almost certainly going for an Auction with you being the highest bidder or sometimes No bid at all.

In my skepticism, I tried to test my doubts, and I did not add new backorders to SAV and voila, I was able to manually register almost all of those domains I wanted to backorder with SAV.

I don't know if it is a system fault or they are manipulating the backorders in order to mint more money out of it.
but I am sure something is wrong here.

** I wanted to add an Image of the email that SAV sent me saying upcoming backorders but wasn't allowed to.

In recent times, the backorders are not even captured,

** I wanted to add and Image of a domain available to register 5 hours after Dropping but namepros won't allow that.

If domains are an asset, the registrar is like a Bank, and nobody wants their bank to be corrupt and manipulative, this could be an error or a bug but its been happening for few weeks now and is not being fixed.

Please suggest me a good backorder service, I don't want my research to go to waste like this even if it costs me more money.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I noticed that shady process too when I back-ordered a .money domain with SAV. You can try Epik

•••
Thanks, Yesterday I used Epik to Register The domains I wanted to backorder with Sav, But I Registered them after the Drop, Epik backorders are incredibly expensive at 199$ each, I will use it only for some very specific special domains.

•••
Hello and thanks for sharing your concern. This is definitely something we can make more clear. When a domain is caught that multiple people placed backorders on, we start an auction for the domain and give the opening bid (the same as the cost of the backorder) to the first user who placed the backorder on the domain. We then email the other users who backordered the domain alerting them to the auction and give them the chance to place a higher bid if they are still interested. We do not currently publish how many users backordered the domain within the auction. There are times when we go to give the opening bid to the first user who placed the backorder but that user is no longer eligible to place bids. This can be from a payment method expiring or being restricted from placing auction bids due to past payment issues. When this happens, the auction is started but no opening bid is automatically placed on the auction so it will show as no bidders.

We hope this clears up any concerns you have. Feel free to DM me if I can explain any further.

•••
Thanks, Yesterday I used Epik to Register The domains I wanted to backorder with Sav, But I Registered them after the Drop, Epik backorders are incredibly expensive at 199$ each, I will use it only for some very specific special domains.

Ask Epik staff for the Name Pros discount applied to your account. Backorders are then $8.49.

•••
Oh that is so great, I will do that, Thanks a lot Karmaco.

•••
Thank you for your reply Nick, I read how backorders work before placing the first ever backorder and I welcome a healthy and fair auction.

What troubles me is that now almost all of them are going for an auction which raises skepticism.
Also anyone being able to register the domains through normal process before the backorders could be processes defeats the whole purpose of it.

What I am saying is please look into the backend process and fix the bugs if there are any.

•••
What is the proof? Any screenshots etc
I think title of this thread needs to be changed, unless there is proof.

I am not saying there are no bugs at sav. Software maintenance (including bug fixing) is a huge part of any system.

I have never used their backorder service nor do I have names there.

List the names, remember to mask the names or use a screenshot. I suspect some members here backordered the same names, they can confirm dates when backorders were placed. I am sure the community can help clear things up. You can send the list to Nick as well.

I think Nick needs to get to the bottom of this and provide a definite response to your accusations. I appreciate his response earlier, but I think more details would help instill confidence.

•••
in case of sav I would use word buggy more likely than shady...

it is insane the level of bugs.. and even more insane the bugs not getting fixed following reports.

•••
•••
Thank you for your reply Nick, I read how backorders work before placing the first ever backorder and I welcome a healthy and fair auction.

What troubles me is that now almost all of them are going for an auction which raises skepticism.
Also anyone being able to register the domains through normal process before the backorders could be processes defeats the whole purpose of it.

What I am saying is please look into the backend process and fix the bugs if there are any.
Feel free to DM me some specific domains names, as well as your Sav login email address and I can double check personally.

•••
Need support at Sav.com. Very urgent. Have an error with backorders that needs resolution asap. @Nick R

Last edited:
•••
•••
Back