IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xman

Domain Hack KingVIP Member
Impact
Here's my question..what is the value of domain hack? I've seen some good domain hack and i was wondering about the value of it. I myself own one and i'm not sure whether or not i should get more. I haven't seen any sale of domain hack. Why do we register domain hack? Is it because the domain looks cool or because there's a potential end user who's willing to buy such domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
•••
Hack the whole word:
in.tere.st
ex.libr.is

Hack the second word:
gamefi.re

Two separated words:
unzip.me

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Snowboardi.ng
Skateboardi.ng
Boardi.ng

Package deal open for offers.

•••
I haven't access NP for a while but it's good to see this thread is still going.

•••
Humane Inc. (hu.ma.ne) raised $230M and launched one of the most expected AI gadgets of the decade (the AI pin) yet you don't hear about it on NP.
Thanks for sleeping on domain hacks while we take the profit.

•••
Humane Inc. (hu.ma.ne) raised $230M and launched one of the most expected AI gadgets of the decade (the AI pin) yet you don't hear about it on NP.
Thanks for sleeping on domain hacks while we take the profit.
That domain hack is insane! The AI Pin is like the first IPhone IMHO. Waiting to see what other companies come up with in this space.

•••
Domain hacks rarely sell, and to be frank: they're not really needed. It can be quirky to see a redirection to youtu.be, but no one is going to type that into their browser, so there's no practical use to them.

What about a domain hack like:

be.trayed.com or de.mented.com or men.tioned.com?

Any value there? :)
Absolutely not, because it's a subdomain of an incomplete word.

•••
Domain hacks rarely sell, and to be frank: they're not really needed. It can be quirky to see a redirection to youtu.be, but no one is going to type that into their browser, so there's no practical use to them.

Absolutely not, because it's a subdomain of an incomplete word.
Youtu.be has a practical use, that's why it is still being used.
Glasses have no practical use when you can drink directly from the bottle, no one buys a glass of water, they buy a bottle of water.
Let people be creative and use whatever they want.

•••
Youtu.be has a practical use, that's why it is still being used.
I didn't say that they weren't used, I said that they weren't needed, not to mention that they're a hassle to implement.

Glasses have no practical use when you can drink directly from the bottle, no one buys a glass of water, they buy a bottle of water.
I don't see how this example is relevant. A business needs the .com. Because when people search for your business on Google they will click on the .com link. Alternatively, they might type in yourbusiness.com directly into their browser. No one is clicking on links like samsu.ng unless they're specifically requested to do so, because they're mostly unused, parked, for sale, etc.

Let people be creative and use whatever they want.
I'm not telling you (or anyone else) what to do. All I'm doing is pointing out that there's no reason for this trend to exist. It's not a substitute for the .com, it doesn't help with traffic, and it's costly to implement.

•••
Here's my question..what is the value of domain hack? I've seen some good domain hack and i was wondering about the value of it. I myself own one and i'm not sure whether or not i should get more. I haven't seen any sale of domain hack. Why do we register domain hack? Is it because the domain looks cool or because there's a potential end user who's willing to buy such domain?

"I'm just wondering if your question went on vacation 🚀 🏖️

OP be like: 'Asked about the value of domain hacks, but everyone's showcasing their fancy domain hacks.🙈

🦥 Two minutes of silence for those who thought we were hosting a Domain Hack, instead of answering the OP's question.🤖

✨#LostInDomainHacks"🧑‍✈️✨

I haven't access NP for a while but it's good to see this thread is still going.

Hey OP, 🙏 Welcome Back, Woow This post ...rocking Since, Feb 28, 2007 with over 385K views and 4K replies!

✌️💐

•••
Do domain hacks have even $1 value? Who's gonna type in latene.ws when they'll most likely remember it as latenews.com? Domain hacks seem 100% worthless IMO. I don't see value in them, not even reg fee.
maybe there's a chance if someone gets it from the same niche but i guess not for a good price.

•••
Hi everyone. I have a portfolio of single word domain hacks in .GE extension (like DOD_GE). I am looking for a buyer for all of them or a serious partner, who will invest their time selling them with split interest. DM me for details.

•••
Back