IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xman

Domain Hack KingVIP Member
Impact
Here's my question..what is the value of domain hack? I've seen some good domain hack and i was wondering about the value of it. I myself own one and i'm not sure whether or not i should get more. I haven't seen any sale of domain hack. Why do we register domain hack? Is it because the domain looks cool or because there's a potential end user who's willing to buy such domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some recent domain hack sales:

Ne.to was sold for $7999 via Sedo as reported by DNJournal in last month's report (#9 top cctld sales). Buyer is Netography.com.

Organic.ly was reportedly sold at BrandBucket for $xx,xxx (awaiting Namebio verification)

Premium 1-letter i.cash reported sold by Donuts. Price undisclosed.

•••
Hey guys I am liquidating some Bitco.in domain hacks. Listed in Bargain Bin right now for $7 each. Bulk deals preferred. Please dm (will give deals to active members of this thread)

openbitco.in
howBitco.in
wikiBitco.in
bigBitco.in
onlineBitco.in
indiaBitco.in
comprarBitco.in (Buy in Spanish)
kaufenBitco.in (Buy in German)

Last edited:
•••
It is time for the next season of "Who uses domain hacks?" A mini-series to showcase individuals and businesses using awesome domain hacks to great effect!

•••
Who uses domain hacks? Season-2, Ep 1
Italian shoe brand, Fru.it
Charm, history and research: Fru.it embodies the incomparable value of Made in Italy, through design and creation of a wide choice of shoes for daily use.

https://facebook.com/Fru.itShoes/
1640804533373.png

These guys seem to have been around for two decades on this address, but the business itself goes back to 1979.

Please note that these posts are not meant to promote any brands, they are only for celebrating domain hacks! :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Who uses domain hacks? :unsure: Season-2, Ep 2
Mili.eu : Consumer Data Analytics & Custom Research Solutions
A consumer insight company from Singapore.
Facebook page
1641043403934.png

(A search for 'milieu' shows them amongst the top few results despite it not being a keyword name.)

Last edited:
•••
@DomainGaze.com very good and thanks for your continual contributions. Developed sites in my eyes are more indicative of a niches/trends success than sales data, because it goes beyond speculation and into hard confirmation of usage.

•••
Who uses domain hacks? :unsure: Season-2, Ep 3
Vi.be : An interface between artists & the music industry.
The Belgian company positions itself as the point of contact for the artist and music sector — from beginner to pro, from local to international.

1641490458101.png

Amazing hack, eh? :xf.love:

•••
@DomainGaze.com very good and thanks for your continual contributions. Developed sites in my eyes are more indicative of a niches/trends success than sales data, because it goes beyond speculation and into hard confirmation of usage.
Exactly, Hotkey! I mean a developed site with a substantive user-base speaks for itself.

Last edited:
•••
Who uses domain hacks? :pompous: Season-2, Ep 4
Dutch brand management company, Noi.se!
"Noise brings the worlds of brand and performance marketing together."
Based in Amsterdam, this company has worked for big brands like Coca-Cola, Nestlé & Warner Bros. among others.

1642046780991.png

•••
A few that appear to be available right now (for reg fee), and which have great potential:

ethereumki.ng
ethereump.ro
ethereumba.be
ethereumhe.ro
ethereumbit.ch

Good luck,

•••

Who uses domain hacks? :unsure: Season 2, Ep 5​

Slip.stream : Music for your content!
“A next-gen label and music platform. Creator Safe Music. No takedowns. No DMCA strikes.”
Facebook page

Watch out for future seasons!

slipstream-1024x666.png

•••
how much would you value these names:

multicha.in
crosscha.in
paracha.in

not mine- just useful to gauge

•••
•••
Sysco.in

Sysco and syscoin are taken on many extensions

•••
•••
Well, if Wikipedia says they are, they must be. Otherwise I wouldn't register built.solutions and builds.live haha

•••
Drive.us is not a domain hack.

•••
If Drive.us was purchased as a hack, they could have done better for $99,999. I just haven't seen the .us extension as anything other than "dot u.s." There may be a few words or phrases that would warrant looking at it as "us". I never look for .us domain registrations or purchases to fit a hack.

•••
Drive.us could be used as a domain hack, or else as a site targeting an audience in the United States. If the latter, then any site developer may be wise to incorporate some elements of the USA (e.g. the flag colours) in to the site branding, so as to make it known that this is what the "US" alludes to...

•••
•••
I voted 'yes' to the question of whether drive.us should be considered a domain hack.

Whether drive.us is classed as a hacked domain or not there is one thing for sure - it is a damn good domain name and as such with the right marketing could become a leader in its chosen field.

Last edited:
•••
I voted 'yes' to the question of whether drive.us should be considered a domain hack.
Why do you think it is?

Here is why it is not:

A domain hack should be kept pure; meaning the before and after the dot are a recognized conjunction of a pairing of characters that should the dot not have existed, it makes up a proper word with a definitive meaning.

Have we strayed from this, or is there something I'm missing? I mean we may as well just start putting common sayings and sentences then at this point and classify them as domain hacks.

•••
@HotKey - We already do! (Even Wikipedia classes hacks as words or phrases.)

•••
Hello dear friends.

I imagine that a domain hack has value if the term is taken in many tlds but does a domain hack have value even if there are very few operational websites among the registered tlds?

•••
Hello dear friends.

I imagine that a domain hack has value if the term is taken in many tlds but does a domain hack have value even if there are very few operational websites among the registered tlds?
In that case, I'd say if it is short and sweet it still would have value. But yes, as with all names, the more a keyword is in demand, the more value the hack would carry. I understand your concern about actual developed sites versus just domains registered and I would look for at least a few developed sites to be assured if the keyword has some value.
Also, sometimes there are hacks where the hack makes more sense than the actual keyword domain. An example would be, can.do, which is a great hack and is a meaningful two-word phrase while cando.whatever may not make as much sense.

•••
Back