Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xman

Domain Hack KingVIP Member
Impact
Here's my question..what is the value of domain hack? I've seen some good domain hack and i was wondering about the value of it. I myself own one and i'm not sure whether or not i should get more. I haven't seen any sale of domain hack. Why do we register domain hack? Is it because the domain looks cool or because there's a potential end user who's willing to buy such domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Drive us is 2 words
Nam.es or Na.me is a domain hack

•••
Drive us is 2 words
Nam.es or Na.me is a domain hack
Exactly.

Sticking a dot in the middle of two random words just doesn't cut hack it. If going the two word route, something like Hot.Key would be acceptable. It has to have a genuine definition sans dot.

All else is bog.us

•••
•••
GotPa.in seems like a solid name. EdibleS.top does not seem like such a great name. It definitely is situational and depends. Some who read this will say they are both trash. Just depends!

•••
•••
•••
A lot of single-letter .ac english and non-english domain hacks have been sold in the past weeks via Divido.org:

b.ac
c.ac
d.ac
f.ac
g.ac
l.ac
m.ac for $21,000 (acquired by xTom.com)
p.ac
t.ac
etc.

•••
s.sh (short for ssh) was reportedly bought for $91,000 at Divido auctions according to one of the bidders.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Here's my question..what is the value of domain hack? I've seen some good domain hack and i was wondering about the value of it. I myself own one and i'm not sure whether or not i should get more. I haven't seen any sale of domain hack. Why do we register domain hack? Is it because the domain looks cool or because there's a potential end user who's willing to buy such domain?

I personally avoid domain hacks, they look very nice, but they are hard to remember, type, or brand, mainly because of the extension involved, usually country codes.. I see these used only as subdomians for a website business as a backdoors.

•••
•••
collage is for sale!
If you are interested you can bid.
colla.ge

•••
Bitco.in
Potato.es
Table.au
Studi.es
Delicio.us
Bit.ch

That is domain hack and they are worth alot.

De.licio.us is not domain hack
Biz-2.biz is not either
No value for both

Last edited:
•••
Bitco.in
Potato.es
Table.au
Studi.es
Delicio.us
Bit.ch

That is domain hack and they are worth alot.

De.licio.us is not domain hack
Biz-2.biz is not either
No value for both
You mean del.icio.us? It's a domain hack and one of the most well known of web 2. Delicious was acquired between $10M-15M by Yahoo! back in 2005.

In recent domain hack news:

paid.in was sold for $12,000 to Paidin.id via Premium.in.

Onuniverse.com which raised $30M last year has upgraded to Univer.se.

•••
You mean del.icio.us? It's a domain hack and one of the most well known of web 2. Delicious was acquired between $10M-15M by Yahoo! back in 2005.

In recent domain hack news:

paid.in was sold for $12,000 to Paidin.id via Premium.in.

Onuniverse.com which raised $30M last year has upgraded to Univer.se.
De.licio.us domain is licio.us. De is subdomain.

So you are saying about licio.us, and the value. No domain registrar sells licio.us as extension.

Without de as subdomain, licio.us is hard to sell. I have used a lot of like this for personal email years ago. I used [email protected]. But fety.cloud can be Sa.fety.cloud either. But fety.cloud has no value as domain names.

Del.icio.us value is not the domain, but the business. If it is not using as url of famous company, I guest you don't want to buy icio.us for $12,000 like paid.in

Last edited:
•••
deleted

Last edited:
•••
•••
De.licio.us domain is licio.us. De is subdomain.

So you are saying about licio.us, and the value. No domain registrar sells licio.us as extension.

Without de as subdomain, licio.us is hard to sell. I have used a lot of like this for personal email years ago. I used [email protected]. But fety.cloud can be Sa.fety.cloud either. But fety.cloud has no value as domain names.

Del.icio.us value is not the domain, but the business. If it is not using as url of famous company, I guest you don't want to buy icio.us for $12,000 like paid.in
del.icio.us is a domain hack. End of story.

•••
Did anyone watch/participate in the auction of Scot.land?

•••
Not mine, but what the hack.

Can't see any value, but worth a good laugh.
justonemorethi .ng

•••
•••
HotelNet.Work
Whats about this?

•••
Back