Dynadot

Web 5.0 Discussion Thread.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Pusang Gala

NoyPi DomainerTop Member
Impact
So, just saw this on twitter. Feel free to drop your opinions.

Screenshot_20220611_033148.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Domainers took advantage yesterday. Almost top keywords are gone now. Didn't reg any tho, kinda skeptical about this if it will take off.

Last edited:
•••
Web5//plus
Web5//guide
Web5//systems
Web5ex//com
Web5Fin//com
Web5Sea//com
Web5one//com
DAOWeb5//com
DeFiWeb5//com
Web5Land//com
Web5Technologies//com

•••
web5estate.com
web5realty.com

•••

Last edited:
•••
NFTWeb5//com
Web5Tek//com
Web5Tec//com
Web5Gold//com
Web5Oasis//com
Web5Smart//com
Web5Gram//com
Web5Lands//com
Web5Ocean//com
Web5Worlds//com
MetaverseWeb5//com

•••
Really depends which technology will be preferred more.

J. Dorsey Teams "web 5.0" is solely relying on btc.

So if btc makes it to astro highs, its fully imaginable that web5 will become an important player.
So basically it is almost exactly what Web3 is, only just using Bitcoin.

It seems like a pretty dumb idea for someone to attack a reserve currency like Jack loves to do, talk about "decentralization", then just tie everything to another single "currency". It kind of defeats the entire purpose of most of the Web3 arguments.

Also, until these "currencies" become more stable and easy to use, they have very limited future when it comes to anything usable and scalable with the general public. Even "stable coins" are not stable as we learned recently.

Brad

•••
I'll believe in 3.0(or are we just going to skip to 5.0 now?) when I see regular, everyday people that aren't the most tech-savvy start using those browsers or extensions. Otherwise, as you mentioned, it's all hype.
Exactly.

•••
•••
•••
Web5chains dot com

Web5blocks dot com

•••
Never trust a tech elite who says "decentralized". These guys have no interest in anything that they don't ultimately have full control over.

•••
I got only one.
web5sheeple,com
It is very well suited for web5 cult. :xf.wink:

•••
Is the Web following the Fibonacci sequence?

1, 2, 3, 5...

Is Web8 next? :glasses:

•••
Interesting discussion. Thanks for starting it @Johnjohn1992, and thanks @kair for really helpful explainer.

As much as I admire what Jack D has accomplished, I don't agree that basically doing what Web3 is talking about achieving, decentralized, permissionless, etc., but with Bitcoin rather than (probably) Ethereum, warrants calling it Web5.

Will be interesting to see how things develop.

I went searching and surprised how web5 seems to be already registered in many, many TLDs, even obscure ones.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Interesting discussion. Thanks for starting it @Johnjohn1992, and thanks @kair for really helpful explainer.

As much as I admire what Jack D has accomplished, I don't agree that basically doing what Web3 is talking about achieving, decentralized, permissionless, etc., but with Bitcoin rather than (probably) Ethereum, warrants calling it Web5.

Will be interesting to see how things develop.

I went searching and surprised how web5 seems to be already registered in many, many TLDs, even obscure ones.

Bob
Yes all regged because there is a sucker born every minute. And fomo.

•••
What this looks like is that these Web3 and Web5 guys are trying to hype their ideas up to get investors to give them a boatload of money. But it also looks like registrars are benefiting here as well. Seems you don't get rich anymore with hard work alone. Millionaires are made through injection of cash from venture capitalists and seed funding.

•••
Dude, if web5 is based on bitcoin, then it is already doomed.

•••
•••
& now we'll see sales threads with Web5etcetc (taken in 999 extension), like it means something.

imo

•••
Guys, lets just wait & see, how the crypto community takes on this approach of web5.

I do not dislike Dorseys idea, of a totally decentralized identity management, where the user owns his own information.

However, there are similar ideas with soulbound tokens (its more about unique ownership there),
or cardano / algorand etc., which offer interoperability with all coins.

Regarding btc, it still the biggest network out there (50% market cap of all cryptos).

The future is thrilling.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Web5AI//com
Web5Bets//com
Web5Card//com
Web5Guru//com
Web5Atlas//com
Web5Home//com
Web5Homes//com