IT.COM

new gtlds What are your '.best' domain names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Most Bay

Bruneis.comTop Member
Impact
Hi All,
We know, one registrant has launch great discount for registering new '.best' (dot best).
My knowledge is very limited about this extension. But I have tried to register some new names. Such as:

cap.best
bat.best
ham.best
dew.best
nap.best
tan.best
yap.best
night.best
morning.best

So What are yours?
And, Anyone can help me (or us) to explain how about the future prospects of this extension (dot best) for global market?

Thank you...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
https://jean.best/

This hasn't really developed at all. Any updates on this network?

Any significant .best sales/interest?

•••
Answers.Best

Photos.Best

Wedding.Best

Policy.Best

Door.Best

Chocolates.Best

DigitalMarketing.Best

Spices.Best

WebSeries.Best

•••
•••
one of the most obvious dud extensions/projects going. think critically guys & tread carefully when investing

•••
one of the most obvious dud extensions/projects going. think critically guys & tread carefully when investing
The sales are not at all impressive.

https://namebio.com/?s==ITOwIDNxAzM

It reminds me of Dave Chapelle telling the ladies in the audience "Chivalry is dead!" and they all scream in agreement... and then he says "And you all killed it!".

I think the focus for this domain extension should always have been, the extension itself. Still hope for it if some changes are made. Of course Cyril will probably pop his head in and tell us how it's our fault.

•••

First Think :- This TLD ".Best" is Better but TLD Founder & Company Not doing Marketing compare to ".io", ".co", ".icu" , etl.

Second Think :- This TLD Founder & Company Start https://the.best/ Review Social Platform But same situation Not Doing Marketing.

i give example How use this TLD in Digital world.
Example :- Nike.com --- Nike.Best Domain name for filter best Nike Product. like all Brand company use
Wedding.Best --- Best Wedding idea, Photographer, Event Planner, Bride-Groom etc.
Chocolates.Best --- Best Chocolates in the world.
DigitalMarketing.Best --- Best Digital Marketing idea, Tools, Service, etc.
etc.

Last edited:
•••
•••
100percent.best
masala.best
mediclaim.best

•••
•••
policy.best
This Domain name is available in sedo.com

•••
I have a number of .best that I like as domain name phrases, despite the lack of significant aftermarket sales so far. Among those I did not share earlier are:
  • psychic.best
  • bake.best
  • empower.best
  • recycle.best
  • engineering.best
  • PEI.best (Prince Edward Island is a major tourism area, when no COVID, in Atlantic Canada)
Beyond a number of unannounced low $$ to mid $$ sales, probably to domainers, I have not yet sold anything above $100.

NameBio shows 30 sales so far above $100, but all validated sales are in $$$ range (here is list). There have been an additional 26 sales at $50 to $99 not in the public access part of NameBio. About 150 more below $50.

I have no idea if we will, but I hope we will see .best renewal promotions for Cyber Monday like the 2:1 promotion last year. The renewal cost is what makes it hard to hold too many of these. The confusion of a few older names still at the premium renewal adds confusion too.

The.BEST social and reviewer network has been slow to get going, but there is information on The.BEST network here. The iOS and Android apps are not yet released, I think. I have not signed up yet, but plan to for reviews related to a couple of my domain names, partly as a learning experience. I own Classroom.best and think I might activate that on the network for a best educational practices set of reviews. I am not yet clear how it will be better than simply developing a name, however.

A number of my .best do get visited on DAN visitor count - they are .ca actually end up my most visited names for the most part, but they don't seem to result in sales or even offers.

Bob

ps I am not personally into psychics at all, just liked the phrase for someone who was!

Last edited:
•••
Banking.best
Currency.best
Many more

•••
I see that there is finally on NameBio a 4-figure .best sale!
B T V s p o r t s .best was just posted, sale at Dynadot, $3261
Although 31 other .best sales in $100+ database, all others are in 3-figure range.
Hopefully eventually I will have luck with some of my .best!
Bob

•••
My .Best Friends,

Hope you are well.

Sorry for the delay (Long-time no talk) but as we are now in THE.Best final line, it’s now time to communicate and share with you information with our .Best community:

About the .Best Registry :

Despite the uncertain times, the .Best registry now overpassed the 100K .Best live domains and still growing. The .Best registry is now ranked in the top 30 ngtlds and part of the best 100 tlds : https://dofo.com/extensions/best

During the last months, we have finalized many big premium sales such as move.best, swiss.best, box.best, self.best, links.best, ...

We've given also a lot of ITW and online meetings with business and brand owners to prepare THE.Best social commerce app launch.

Our last .Best ITW with a (French) domainer (David Chelly) is available here :

Last but not least, we have also decided to refuse a gentle acquisition offer from a major player and continue by our own to THE.Best social media execution.

About .Best promotions :

The holiday season is coming & the .Best registry is now rolling out its new best promotions to prepare THE.Best social commerce app launch in 2021.
  • BEST CHRISTMAS: All .Best renewals (including premiums) are 50% discount from December 15 to December 31st 2020 without limitations. This also includes .Best multi-year renewals. Check that .Best promo discount with your preferred registrars. (Dynadot, Namesilo, Epik, Namecheap, Netim, Domain Cost Club, ...)
  • BEST YEAR 2021: In order to celebrate THE.Best social commerce app launch with our .Best registrars, new .Best standarded wholesale registrations will be at $4 wholesale for the first year of registration during all 2021 Year ! That’s 70% down from the $15 standard price. Please check the final retail price with your preferred registrars.
Note that every registrar is free to set its own retail pricing and apply or not those .Best promotions.

About THE.Best social commerce :

Due to the covid19 pandemic, we have decided in May 2020 to postpone our social media app commercial launch to 2021.

THE.Best (www.the.best) is the new social commerce app of the .best registry where :
- business and brand owners can promote and sell their best products/services (using a .Best domain),
- social media users can discover, review, and curate their best products/services (using a .Best domain),

THE.Best app looks like:
THE.Best social media mechanic is very close to Pinterest. Instead of posting/attaching Pins on Boards, you are posting/curating your everyday Best on .Best websites. The difference is that as social media users you will be also able to monetize your .Best content/domains with ads, social challenges, and content curation.

If you already own a .best domain :

For those who already owns .Best domains, you will be able to connect your .Best domains to the app and receive free .Best websites, no matter who is your actual registrar.

So Basically, if you own a .Best domain, you'll have a free .Best website.

FYI, we already started beginning September 2020 THE.Best onboarding process with our .Best social commerce early adopters : Cyril.Best, Christophe.Best, Joao.Best, Pizzas.Best, Sonia.Best, Miami.Best, Foodlover.Best, Fashionista.Best, Jesuis.Best, Cars.Best, Foodvegas.Best, Chaussures.Best, Jean.Best, Fabrice.Best, Heloise.Best, Stephane.Best, Luxe.Best, Music.Best, Games.Best, Kevin.Best, Emilyinparis.Best, Hotels.Best, Watch.Best, Trailer.Best, Djs.Best, Luxury.Best, Foodparis.Best, Wines.Best, Show.Best, Book.Best, Laptops.Best, Spas.Best, Karim.Best, Maillotdefoot.Best, Parisien.Best, Foodnyc.Best, Steven.Best, Valerie.Best, Foodla.Best, Restaurants.Best, Julian.Best, Alexandra.Best, …

If you don't already own a .best domain :

We have now strengthened our .best relations with key strategic partners such as Google (https://www.go.best/pdf/best.google.pdf), hosteur and centralnic (https://www.go.best/pdf/best.centralnic.pdf), and we'll start distributing .best domains directly from THE.Best social media app beginning in 2021.

So Basically, if you do not own "yet" a .Best domain (shame on you;)), you'll have access to a .Best social commerce website from $1/mo directly from THE.Best app.

As we plan to massively distributing .Best social commerce websites, we have also created THE.Best protection program for trademark owners to avoid brand cybersquatting: https://brands.best

THE.Best social media app will be available in app stores (apple store & google play) early in 2021.

Lastly, THE.Best rollout-plan also includes .best integration with shopify, whatsapp and facebook payments in 2021 to complete THE.Best social commerce features for business owners

Wish you all the best for the holiday season.

As always, I am staying at your disposal for any questions, you could have related to .best domains or THE.Best social commerce.

Take care and stay safe.

Cyril FREMONT
CEO .Best Registry & THE.Best Social Commerce

• Register your .Best Domains : www.go.best
• Join THE.Best Social Commerce : www.the.best
• Protect your Best Trademarks : www.brands.best

Last edited:
•••
We lost faith in you when your renewal rate discounts were not honored. Dropped most of our single word .best portfolio. Seems like things got very unprofessional and we were disappointed. We couldn't even give away some great dictionary word .best domains as it seemed prominent domainer's and investor's had no interest .best.
That being said, we did have high hopes in .best.
We kept a few .best and still, no interest.

Last edited:
•••
We lost faith in you when your renewal rate discounts were not honored. Dropped most of our single word .best portfolio. Seems like things got very unprofessional and we were disappointed. We couldn't even give away some great dictionary word .best domains as it seemed prominent domainer's and investor's had no interest .best.
That being said, we did have high hopes in .best.
We kept a few .best and still, no interest.

As a reminder, we have honored all the renewal rate discounts and price changes that were announced (more than a year ago). All domains registered after our price change announcement were all migrated to standard domains.

We even already offered the opportunity to domainers to renew all their .Best domains with a 50% discount on December 2019 already.

If you had any interest in .Best domains, I am sorry to hear that you did not see or not use those renewals promotions when they were live with your preferred registrars: Many did! Domainers from namepros did.

The good/best news is that if you kept a few, you will still be able to renew all of them for 50% off during the BEST CHRISTMAS promotion.

See below :
  • BEST CHRISTMAS: All .Best renewals (including premiums) are 50% discount from December 15 to December 31st 2020 without limitations. This also includes .Best multi-year renewals. Check that .Best promo discount with your preferred registrars. (Dynadot, Namesilo, Epik, Namecheap, Netim, Domain Cost Club, ...)
If you considered our actual BEST BLACKFRIDAY 2020 registration promo pricing (at $0.75) + our BEST CHRISTMAS standard renewal 50% discount (at $7.5), it means that anybody can get/register a .best domain with a total of $0.75 + $7.5 = $8.25 for a 2 years of registration (or $4.125 / year).

Note also, that this renewal promo has no limitations in terms of nb years or premiums.

But like I said many times earlier here, domain pricing doesn't mean anything except for those investing in the long term.

Understand that domain usage is the only game to create the necessary conditions of an aftermarket.

Honestly, I still do not understand the reason for investing in ngltds in the short term. It's total nonsense. No matter what ngtld you like or are investing in, if you plan to buy a ngltd domain to resell it short-term, please, save your money, or chase directly the buyer. If you are investing and just waiting for an offer, you will have to wait until the domain usage is active and this could take years.

FYI, despite this tough period, we sold many .best premium names this year, but trust me we chased directly the buyers.

As for the market, let me please also re-explain what will it mean to own a .Best domain in 2021:

With THE.Best, we will be the first TLD to offer a free website + hosting for a .Best domain registration.

I repeat it if still not clear: With THE.Best : 1 .Best domain registered = 1 free website !
  • No other TLD is doing that: Neither the dotcom or any other TLD.
  • No social media is doing that: Neither the FB, IG, Pinterest, ...
  • No web builder is doing that: Neither WIX, Squarespace, weebly, ...
  • No CMS is doing that: Neither Wordpress, ...
But the great news is that we will not only offer a free website to our .Best domain registrants, but we'll also provide our domain registrants free organic traffic for their .best websites (from our Best social media app), and also monetization sources (from ad partners and social challenges).

In case it's still unclear, we are not here to sell domains, but to provide the maximum value to our end users.

As such:

- We'll provide a free website to merchants and business to help them promote their best products,
- We'll provide a free website to social media creators to curate content and monetize their audience,
- We'll provide a social media app to help social media browsers discover the best products and services.

It's a total brand new world that we have been created since 2 years: a Social Commerce world !

Trust me :
  • 2000-2010 was the rise of e-commerce
  • 2010-2020 was the rise of social media
  • 2020-2030 will be the rise of social commerce
Social media users (4B) will become sellers.

And I don't ask you to have faith in me (to retake your words), I just ask you to look at how is evolving the digital market.

- E-commerce will evolve to social commerce
- Social Media will evolve into social commerce

FYI:

- 30% of online shoppers say they would are likely to buy direct from a social media network like Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter or Snapchat.

- Instagram data says that 70% of shoppers look to Instagram for product discovery : https://www.facebook.com/business/instagram/shopping

- Instagram is actually transforming its business model to enable social browsers to buy directly from social creators.

- TikTok just announced a partnership with Shopify.

- Whatsapp will become the new social "PayPal"

- In China, Social Shopping via videos is currently all the rage. There are efforts from short video apps like Douyin (TikTok’s Chinese sister) that match merchants with content creators for promotion.

- During the coronavirus lockdown, millions of consumers relied on live videos to check out products and posed questions to merchants remotely, a practice that has won endorsement from local governments as a way to drum up domestic consumption. In just Q1 this year, more than 4 million live shopping sessions took place in China.

But that's not only a natural evolution of social media, E-commerce platforms are also evolving to social commerce:

- Chinese e-commerce giant and pioneer of shoppable videos Alibaba is looking to recruit over 100,000 international influencers this year – rising to 1 million influencers by 2023 – to help brands sell more across the globe through the group’s international retail platform, AliExpress, which claims to have 180 million annual active consumers :
---

Like I said earlier, It's not anymore a question of faith, in 2020 social commerce is a reality.

Hope this will help you better understand what does/will it means to get a .Best domain and being part of THE.Best social commerce.

Wish you all the .Best for your business.

Best,
CF

•••
Being the registry itself is a different business model that being a registrant.

Despite all the stuff that has been said, the promises, the hype....

.BEST is basically a dead investment as far as domain investors go. The numbers prove that.

NameBio shows 31 total reported sales for $8,623. Top tier single words are going for low $XXX.

Not real impressive.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
We disagree.
We had .best domains at 3 different registrars and the renewal promo that you ran between Thanksgiving and Christmas 2019 was a complete mess.
The prices were all over the place and seemed exorbitant and was not consistent from registrar to registrar.
Of the 3 various registrars we used, we were told by .best that the registrar did not have to comply with your price and that your price was only a suggestion, and that each registrar was allowed to dictate the renewal price.
We had discussions with each registrar and .best regarding this issue and we felt that we were being given the royal run-around and never got satisfactory resolution.

•••
We disagree.
We had .best domains at 3 different registrars and the renewal promo that you ran between Thanksgiving and Christmas 2019 was a complete mess.
The prices were all over the place and seemed exorbitant and was not consistent from registrar to registrar.
Of the 3 various registrars we used, we were told by .best that the registrar did not have to comply with your price and that your price was only a suggestion, and that each registrar was allowed to dictate the renewal price.
We had discussions with each registrar and .best regarding this issue and we felt that we were being given the royal run-around and never got satisfactory resolution.

Dear,

One more time: I am sorry if you missed the 2019 BF .Best promo but what you are saying isn't true.

Of course, each registrar is always free to decide to sign or not each .best promotion agreements that we propose to them; but once signed, they are applying it (simply because it is under contract).

As I said earlier, last year many registrars applied for the BF 2019 promo and many registrants renewed their .best in advance. (many .best domainers did!). I don't want to make a false assumption coz it was a year ago, but I think that @Bob Hawkes did (through domain cost club if I remember well). @Bob Hawkes correct me if I am wrong.

As proof, please find below an extract of the BF 2019 newsletter that was sent by dynadot (Dynadot was already applying the BF 2019 promo last year). I can also retrieve social media posts from some of our .best registrars if it's not enough to show you our good faith ;)
dynadotbf2019.jpg

Moreover, FYI, last year we did not only offer a 50% discount on .best renewals, but we even also offer 1 free .best domain to Dynadot existing customers, same with OVH in France, ...

---

As for this new BEST CHRISTMAS 2020 promotion (50% discount on renewals from December 15 to December 31st 2020), we have selected and signed an agreement for our .best existing community with the following registrars:
  • Namecheap
  • Dynadot
  • Epik
  • Domain Cost Club
  • NameSilo
  • Netim
  • Porkbun
  • URL Solutions
  • Openprovider
Like that, nobody will be able to say that they didn't know ;)

But one more time, do not invest your money in ngtlds domains if you are expecting short term sales.

If you are expecting short-term sales on ngtlds: Save your money! No matter the price you can get.

I am totally free speech on that point coz as I explained it many times here before: we don't make money on domainers. This is absolutely not our business model. The .Best registry business model is selling subscriptions & advertising to business and brand owners to help them promote/sell their best products/services and offer value-added services to social media users through THE.Best social media.

And trust me, if our business model was selling domains to domainers, we were advertising all domainers forums and aftermarket platforms every day since 2 years. And our .best marketing team was spending all the day on namepros, DNF, and all social media domainers group...

As I explained here before, the .Best marketing efforts are fully dedicated to the usage of its .Best domains coz history showed that this is what will make the domain market liquid both for the registry and our .best domain community (registrants/investors).

Don't hesitate to contact me if you had any problems renewing your .best domains during the holiday season with the registrar list below.

All the .Best,

CF

Last edited:
•••
Dear,

One more time: I am sorry if you missed the 2019 BF .Best promo but what you are saying isn't true.

Of course, each registrar is always free to decide to sign or not each .best promotion agreements that we propose to them; but once signed, they are applying it (simply because it is under contract).

As I said earlier, last year many registrars applied for the BF 2019 promo and many registrants renewed their .best in advance. (many .best domainers did!). I don't want to make a false assumption coz it was a year ago, but I think that @Bob Hawkes did (through domain cost club if I remember well). @Bob Hawkes correct me if I am wrong.

As proof, please find below an extract of the BF 2019 newsletter that was sent by dynadot (Dynadot was already applying the BF 2019 promo last year). I can also retrieve social media posts from some of our .best registrars if it's not enough to show you our good faith ;)
dynadotbf2019.jpg

Moreover, FYI, last year we did not only offer a 50% discount on .best renewals, but we even also offer 1 free .best domain to Dynadot existing customers, same with OVH in France, ...

---

As for this new BEST CHRISTMAS 2020 promotion (50% discount on renewals from December 15 to December 31st 2020), we have selected and signed an agreement for our .best existing community with the following registrars:
  • Namecheap
  • Dynadot
  • Epik
  • Domain Cost Club
  • NameSilo
  • Netim
  • Porkbun
  • URL Solutions
  • Openprovider

But one more time, do not invest your money in ngtlds domains if you are expecting short term sales.

If you are expecting short-term sales on ngtlds: Save your money! No matter the price you can get.

I am totally free speech on that point coz as I explained it many times here before: we don't make money on domainers. This is absolutely not our business model. The .Best registry business model is selling subscriptions & advertising to business and brand owners to help them promote/sell their best products/services and offer value-added services to social media users through THE.Best social media.

And trust me, if our business model was selling domains to domainers, we were advertising all domainers forums and aftermarket platforms every day since 2 years. And our .best marketing team was spending all the day on namepros, DNF, and all social media domainers group...

As I explained here before, the .Best marketing efforts are fully dedicated to the usage of its .Best domains coz history showed that this is what will make the domain market liquid both for the registry and our .best domain community (registrants/investors).

Don't hesitate to contact me if you had any problems renewing your .best domains during the holiday season with the registrar list below.

All the .Best,

CF
Dear,

dynadotbf2019.jpg

---

• Namecheap
  • Dynadot
  • Epik
  • Domain Cost Club
  • NameSilo
  • Netim
  • Porkbun
  • URL Solutions
  • Openprovider

All the .Best,

CF
You are sadly mistaken, we always speak the truth!

•••
Last edited:
•••
BEST CHRISTMAS: All .Best renewals (including premiums) are 50% discount from December 15 to December 31st 2020 without limitations. This also includes .Best multi-year renewals. Check that .Best promo discount with your preferred registrars. (Dynadot, Namesilo, Epik, Namecheap, Netim, Domain Cost Club, ...)

Hello @Cyril.Best -- Just tried to renew .best premium domain name at @Dynadot . Unfortunately, it is showing the full renewal price. Also followed-up with Dynadot online support, they echo that the discount is not for premium domains. Could you please help?

dynadot best chat- save.png

•••
Hello @Cyril.Best -- Just tried to renew .best premium domain name at @Dynadot . Unfortunately, it is showing the full renewal price. Also followed-up with Dynadot online support, they echo that the discount is not for premium domains. Could you please help?

Show attachment 176791

Yes, I will. Let me send an email to the Dynadot Team beginning next week (as it's the WE now).

I know that some registrars prefer to handle their premium list manually (not using automatic EPP as for standard domains) so that could be the reason why the premium price did not automatically show up with 50% discount at Dynadot.

Please send also an email to our .Best team : [email protected] with the .best premium domains list that you would like to renew in advance at Dynadot so that we can keep you in touch.

Best, CF

•••
Yes, I will. Let me send an email to the Dynadot Team beginning next week (as it's the WE now).

I know that some registrars prefer to handle their premium list manually (not using automatic EPP as for standard domains) so that could be the reason why the premium price did not automatically show up with 50% discount at Dynadot.

Please send also an email to our .Best team : [email protected] with the .best premium domains list that you would like to renew in advance at Dynadot so that we can keep you in touch.

Best, CF

FYI, Mail has been sent to @Dynadot. I will keep you posted.

•••
Hi All,
We know, one registrant has launch great discount for registering new '.best' (dot best).
My knowledge is very limited about this extension. But I have tried to register some new names. Such as:

cap.best
bat.best
ham.best
dew.best
nap.best
tan.best
yap.best
night.best
morning.best

So What are yours?
And, Anyone can help me (or us) to explain how about the future prospects of this extension (dot best) for global market?

Thank you...
I booked 3 of them today. However I am skeptical about their resale value.

Ranch best
Mutual fund best
Car loan best

•••
Back