IT.COM

discuss What are your "catchiest" domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
I've been spending a little time reviewing the brand Catchy.com who advertises here on NamePros. They're headquartered in France and seem to have a good presentation. They say in their add; "catchy domains for lease"

First off, what's a "catchy domain"? Hell if I know, but I know one when I see one. "Catchy" domains require a sense of humor, something that seems to be lacking in the world today:xf.frown:

I believe I have a few "catchy" domains, two of which I reg'd in the last 48 hours, and neither of which have been registered before.

The first one I registered is; LakeCatchy(.)com. If you don't see the humor here I'm really sorry, but "Lake Catchy" has got to be the best name of any fishing hole in the world.

Moving on, while meeting with some friends earlier, I thought of a flea market as I rounded a corner headed for home. So what should POP into my pea brain, but CornerFlea.com. I don't know if you have flea markets where you are, but could you imagine a national chain of "Corner Flea" markets selling things from all over the world? Can anyone even begin to imagine how that might be accomplished? They could even sell fresh fish from Lake Catchy that are shipped overnight to a corner near you:xf.grin:

Do you have any "Catchy" domains? Share them with us and the story behind them. Thanks(y)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Encryps .com,
Dropato .com,
Finreum .com,
WhatsRecorder .com

Last edited:
•••
Splific.com could be cannabis software or media, I think it's pretty catchy. Brokenunicorns.com, slang term for something for something that should make all men shudder. Unicorn is also a term in startup community.

•••
ratemyvenue.com
taskdive.com
biblebuy.com
slipslips.com

All for sale!

•••
Zatag.com
CiXer.com

both are CVCVC combination

•••
ratemyvenue.com

RateMyVenue.com

With the current situation of lockdowns easing around the world you can be sure to expect a surge in social gatherings as things begin to settle. Postponed weddings will be underway; missed celebrations such as birthdays and anniversaries; and even corporate events including team building days.

RateMyVenue could be the perfect opportunity to get ahead of the curve!

This domain and brand is perfect to serve as a review platform for venues in any industry. Whether you'd like to list all venue types or niche down to a specific industry such as weddings, this could be the brand or project worth your time to delve into. For instance, the average wedding venue hire is $10,000 with 2.3 million couples being wed every year in the US. That breaks down to nearly 6,200 weddings a day.

Several business models can be adopted:
  1. Passive Income
    The platform can serve as an affiliate website whereby venues pay you when they receive an enquiry through RateMyVenue.com. With the number of venue options available, you can expect every user to be browsing multiple options providing you with several PPC per user!

2. SAAS
    If you have the time and see potential in this idea, you could charge venues a monthly subscription to be a part of your platform. This may only work if you put the effort into making this a full time gig but this domain has the potential to become the industry standard of venue reviews.
1. RateMyVenue.com.png
2. RateMyVenue.com.png

•••
taskdive.com

TaskDive.com

This domain has great potential to become a productivity tool, task management platform or even a gig marketplace like Fiverr.

There's lots of scope when it comes to wordplay and brand messaging and voice, depending on the nature of the site. I've listed a few examples below:
  • Dive into your task without distractions
  • Ensure your project goes swimmingly
  • No more drowning in deadlines
  • DEEP WORK ONLY
  • Make a splash in your team
  • If a feature of your site / app is to split projects into milestones / smaller deadlines - you can refer to them as "laps" | E.G. Lap 1 completed, Lap 2 Pending
I've even attached some sample brand assets I've created that include a logo and colour palette.

1. TaskDive.com.png
2. TaskDive.com.png
3. TaskDive.com.png

•••
biblebuy.com

BibleBuy.com

BibleBuy is the perfect domain to capitalise on one of the biggest markets to have ever existed: religion.

There are 22,200 searches a month that include the words, "bible buy". In addition, 110 monthly searches are made for the exact phrase, "bible buy". With religion being such a popular niche, this domain utilises two of the biggest and hottest relevant keywords.

If you're looking for a side hustle or passive income opportunity, this is for you. With a little work initially and a strong foundation, this is the perfect domain to set up an affiliate site. List hundreds of Bibles linked to external sites for purchase and even list other Christian related products for upselling and gaining even more commissions.

Attached is a logo and colour scheme that are included within the sale, unless you wish otherwise.

1. BibleBuy.com.png

•••
T.w.i.t.s.i.e (dot) c.o.m

Tweet service for kids ...

Sounds good!

GLTA!

Last edited:
•••
•••
HoardOfTheRings
PlanetOfTheMakes
(both .coms)

•••
My opinion daycare-en-com In this way, you can make the domain name valuable by putting en us de vs at the end.

•••
•••
•••
•••
НеrсulеsНееl.com

HardForget.com

(y)

Last edited:
•••
4208420.com (y)

420 ∞ 420

Last edited:
•••
My list of catchiest domain names
1) SIMPFLIFY.COM
2) IBIZAH.COM
3) SHRIMPH.COM
4) VOL-T.COM

•••
Are you constipated dot com
Lol it’s mine!

•••
•••
handregged this last year.

UOW.Me

•••
handregged this last year.

UOW.Me
pretty catchy:xf.wink: Here's my latest....JumboLumpDaddy.com This has actually led to a startup GourmetCrabcakes.com
Artboard 18.png

•••
KARMA 4 SELL.COM
&
GOOD KARMA 4 SELL.COM

This story took place this week, a few days after XMAS. 12/23.

I live in PHOENIX ARIZONA...and it's been pretty chilly in the morning.

Driving down the 51 freeway, getting off at my exit..
There's a OLDER man with..I guess his lady friend and a dog...Standing by the side of the road...with a sign KARMA 4 SELL.

I drove away... I thought about it.
That's would be a GREAT DOMAIN NAME for a Charity or Charitable organization??

Pull over to the side of road. and purchased both domains

After doing that....

Went to the ATM..and got a $100, and went back to the couple standing on the road..

And gave it to them...

Their faces..lite up and they were very happy.

So....I'm thinking this was money well spent ?

2 GOOD domains, that will Hopefully do GOOD KARMA in the future.

And..If anybody has any GREAT IDEAS on turning these domains into a GOOD KARMA organization....

Let's make it HAPPEN.

•••
•••
KARMA 4 SELL.COM
&
GOOD KARMA 4 SELL.COM

This story took place this week, a few days after XMAS. 12/23.

I live in PHOENIX ARIZONA...and it's been pretty chilly in the morning.

Driving down the 51 freeway, getting off at my exit..
There's a OLDER man with..I guess his lady friend and a dog...Standing by the side of the road...with a sign KARMA 4 SELL.

I drove away... I thought about it.
That's would be a GREAT DOMAIN NAME for a Charity or Charitable organization??

Pull over to the side of road. and purchased both domains

After doing that....

Went to the ATM..and got a $100, and went back to the couple standing on the road..

And gave it to them...

Their faces..lite up and they were very happy.

So....I'm thinking this was money well spent ?

2 GOOD domains, that will Hopefully do GOOD KARMA in the future.

And..If anybody has any GREAT IDEAS on turning these domains into a GOOD KARMA organization....

Let's make it HAPPEN.
Good touch just-j....i have a similar story i'll tell you about sometime. Had no idea when i started this thread a few years ago it would catchon:xf.wink: Shouldn't it be Karma4Sale vs. Karma4Sell ? That said, while I may be getting into the fresh seafood business I noticed KarmaSeafood.com has never been reg'd, and Nameworth values it at $19,500 so i may just register it......thanks for the idea(y)

•••
Regarding the BIG PICTURE...
I think that **THINGS** happen for a reason in time.
The 2 domains could workout to be a GOOD THING?? who knows??

The BIGGER PICTURE...was ....

His sign of KARMA 4 SELL at the time spoke to me.
Chilly outside..
1 old guy holding a sign.
His old lady friend..standing next to him.
And a ruff looking dog.

The domains names..I think could be a GOOD THING??

Hopefully...my actions from his message made their day a little BETTER ??

And the BIGGEST PICTURE...

Got people thinking about KARMA..
And how it works in our daily lives.

•••
Back