IT.COM

poll What could have fuelled the XYZ growth/sales?

NameSilo
Watch

What could have fuelled the XYZ growth?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Alphabet's adoption of abc.xyz

votes
    38.2%
  • Cheap initial pricing

votes
    50.0%
  • Higher price for .COM and other extension

votes
    20.6%
  • Less sustainable options for end users to .COM

votes
    35.3%
  • Others (Pls comment)

votes
    23.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
.XYZ selling for 5-figures is a big deal in itself, especially when .CO and .IO and sitting there and watching.
What do you think fuelled the XYZ growth and why is it so popular?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's a shame when some aren't mature enough to stay on topic. Don't be derailed by things like that. Hopefully my detailed XYZination was helpful to you on your journey.
I need to read your post several more times for it to make sense /decrypt (also, it is 5am here, so...)

•••
I need to read your post several more times for it to make sense /decrypt (also, it is 5am here, so...)
It's a light hearted joke, but pretty much true.

Last edited:
•••
well the only way to.fuel growth of something is.to promote the living sheet out of it

and promotions cost money

•••
With your experience(from 2004 on this forum?), I guess you can give advices here. I wasn't joking, I do not even get the "splash page" term from you. But anyway, thanks for suggestion.
Now I got it, it was a joke on your part.
Back to .xyz... I think I sold only one .xyz domain in past (euler . xyz for $299).

Last edited:
•••
With your experiense(from 2004 on this forum?), I guess you can give advices here. I wasn't joking, I do not even get the "splash page" term from you. But anyway, thanks for suggestion. Back to .xyz...
Now I got it, it was a joke on your part.
Websites used to have a useless splash page that introduced a website. It's redundant now because it serves no purpose, people want the content of a website as early as possible.

But not "web3" websites, apparently:

https://optics.xyz/
https://campground.xyz
https://www.nomad.xyz/
https://primitive.xyz/
https://liveart.xyz/
https://flip.xyz/

•••
I and many others have told you the significance of the .extension - but you downplay it ^

I will say it again - .xyz is the only DNS domain .extension that is blockchain recognized, no other .extensions have this authority / except for ENS domain .extensions which cannot even be accessed from the world wide web unless you have a number of different plugins

I like the concept of blockchain domains, and in principal it should be revolutionary. But your average person doesn't even know how to setup a wallet. So it turns out xyz is the second extension to be blockchain recognized but still, where is the practical application in the real world? I'm sure it's there, but for 99% of businesses it's irrelevant.

•••
I like the concept of blockchain domains, and in principal it should be revolutionary. But your average person doesn't even know how to setup a wallet. So it turns out xyz is the second extension to be blockchain recognized but still, where is the practical application in the real world? I'm sure it's there, but for 99% of businesses it's irrelevant.

Let me ask how old are you ? Before the internet what was there,

Now the metaverse is coming into play and ^ wether you are a opponent or proponent it doesn’t make a difference

Tell me why JP Morgan Chase and HSBC would set up their own branches in the metaverse ? why would Bank of America speak so highly about this subject when they don’t even own BA.com or BOA.com ...

https://markets.businessinsider.com...logy-decentraland-bank-of-america-2021-11?amp

And so where is the evolution, you are right, most people don’t have wallets, actually for the purposes of this discussion, it is one in five American citizens that own a wallet and invest in crypto ... so now we have blockchain domains which you need to set up and have plugins and it’s not practical really

.xyz on the other hand, right then and there it’s done ... I’ll give you an example say I wanted to sell whiskey in the metaverse and people pay my company at whiskey.xyz - tell me it’s not a valuable prospect ^ this could go for anything really

•••
I’ll give you an example say I wanted to sell whiskey in the metaverse and people pay my company at whiskey.xyz - tell me it’s not a valuable prospect ^ this could go for anything really
Hi

zucker just took 2ndlife and called it meta, trying to get away from stench of fb

it's a myspace thing over and over

imo...

•••
Why do people still have business cards? Literally a piece of paper with a number on it. Because sometimes things don't have to be all that complex to work.

I don't disagree with a lot of the points for xyz, I'm just old enough to know with most speculative endeavors only a select few get rich, many break even and most go broke.

•••
A new generation of new demand in niches that were never addicted in the COM era
XYZ is the breaking point for a new generation with new and diverse users from the worlds of crypto and blockchain and more ...
COM is no longer relevant to these users

And if you put the WEB3 thing into the equation
XYZ is the undisputed new player

•••
Hi

zucker just took 2ndlife and called it meta, trying to get away from stench of fb

it's a myspace thing over and over

imo...

Forget FB, I am not a fan of Zucker just like you ... please go and do your due diligence and look at the decentralized meta-verse like decentraland, sandbox, or the new meta verse Apple is working on ...

The meta is not tied to FB being the king of the metaverse and don’t let their domain choice tell you otherwise ...

•••
Why do people still have business cards? Literally a piece of paper with a number on it. Because sometimes things don't have to be all that complex to work.

I don't disagree with a lot of the points for xyz, I'm just old enough to know with most speculative endeavors only a select few get rich, many break even and most go broke.

Truth is business cards are becoming less and less relevant, the new business card today is an NFT and when you can afford to put $500,000 on a picture of an Ape and use it to gain acceptance and access to the unaccessible, that’s saying something ... what it’s saying ^ I’m not totally sure to be honest, and what does it have to do with domains ...

Short domains are the key ! Relevant domains are the key !

Big things happening and you are witnessing history in the making / otherwise $3T that has been invested is a fluke, I don’t see it being the case

~

And when you take domains into account, the domain industry is literally pushing the idea of centralization and decentralization together ... everyone else has tried, not a single person has been able to accomplish this feat ^ yea it’s a big deal

•••
Forget FB, I am not a fan of Zucker just like you ... please go and do your due diligence and look at the decentralized meta-verse like decentraland, sandbox, or the new meta verse Apple is working on ...

The meta is not tied to FB being the king of the metaverse and don’t let their domain choice tell you otherwise ...
Hi

to me ...it's all a rehashed attempt to centralize virtuality.

"decentralands" goal in the end, has to be to centralize the population into these virtual reality concepts.
to get the world to conform and then turn on the matrix.
but who is or will be, pulling the switches, apple, fb, musk, etc, etc. somebody will fight for control?

terms like sandbox, which in reality, is a closed environment, now become decentralized in virtual reality?
folks selling pics of apes for millions while the population of real apes on this planet is dwindling-
i don't get that.

sure, i may miss out on some opps there, but it's a reality choice to keep my distance and just buy and sell domains for now.

imo...

•••
Truth is business cards are becoming less and less relevant, the new business card today is an NFT and when you can afford to put $500,000 on a picture of an Ape and use it to gain acceptance and access to the unaccessible, that’s saying something ... what it’s saying ^ I’m not totally sure to be honest, and what does it have to do with domains ...

Short domains are the key ! Relevant domains are the key !

Big things happening and you are witnessing history in the making / otherwise $3T that has been invested is a fluke, I don’t see it being the case

~

And when you take domains into account, the domain industry is literally pushing the idea of centralization and decentralization together ... everyone else has tried, not a single person has been able to accomplish this feat ^ yea it’s a big deal

I think you've done a great job defending XYZ, and with everything said I think I like XYZ a little bit more than when the discussion started. It is alright, there's some brandability to it and blockchain is nice feature. However, I still think it's a pipe dream for nearly everyone as all the single word xyz are taken and the speculative aspect of it makes it a bad over-hyped investment imo.

You are seeing lots of newbies registering anything xyz, 2 and 3 words even, and we all know these domains are practically worthless. Like i said, I kind of like xyz now and wouldn't mind having a nice, short single word like happy.xyz or something. But $100,000 for something like that to me would be better put somewhere else. Like 2 Bitcoins or something (right now $86,300). We'll come back in a few years and happy.xyz will still be about the same value and those 2 BTC will be like half a milly.

And really, what's stopping every other extension from integrating blockchain? Nothing really.

Last edited:
•••
Just seen recent sales at SAV on DNJ. A lot of single word .xyz for low prices.
Why such discrepancies in sales prices at different venues?

•••
Last edited:
•••
It's about investing in the relevant/most appropriate terms under the relevant nGTLD.
Even web3pay.xyz apparently sold for $10K a few days ago.

Last edited:
•••
.XYZ selling for 5-figures is a big deal in itself, especially when .CO and .IO and sitting there and watching.
What do you think fuelled the XYZ growth and why is it so popular?
it surprised me more that the .CO extension was hot and selling alot at the beginning of the pandemic but now
went to sleep !!

•••
In my wechat group, I know three name investor who sold their .XYZ in four figures . I think. XYZ's consensus is indeed growing.

In addition, there are nearly 300 XYZ investors in my Chinese wechat group.

Last edited:
•••
Hi

many of those .xyz names had premium renewal fee
ie: > ip.xyz is in auction, but has $2500 renewal cost

if, you got a prouduct/service that can eat that cost in a week, then it's a minimal expense
if, not.... then

imo...

Last edited:
•••
I think it is because some of those sales are domainer acquisitions at Sav auctions, whereas Swetha (and other) sales to end users are at much higher prices, generally speaking (some exceptions). It is not distinctly different than seeing .com sales at retail channels vs prices at expired auctions.

•••
Back