IT.COM

What do you look for in a hosting company?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dhananizain

Account Closed
Impact
Hey every one,

I am just curious to see what you all look for and consider, when choosing a hosting company.

What features, extras do you find most useful in a hosting company?

Looking forward to hearing you responses?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Being a hosting provider I think that there are 2 most important factor that you should never overlook while choosing a company...

1.) Great technical support
2.) Promised uptime.

The 3rd thing but equally important thing is:-
3.) price

Some people do think that new hosting companies can't provide you better hosting then older once.

But I would like to tell you that in my opinion New hosting companies take more burden on them to over deliver good service to there customers to build a good customer base.

So prefer new companies also if possible...

•••
History and ip

As part of uptime I'd like to know how long the company has been in business.

Also datacenter (ip) location.

•••
2.) Promised uptime.

I don't give 2 cents on promised uptime. Promises are made to be broken. Give me a solid track of real actual uptime, properly measured (not pings).

For me, server performance and stability are paramount. Give me those, and I may never need to contact the host. :)

•••
I ´m looking normally if there are any negative statements about a host published by clients.
I` ve always found the best host for me in the past. I don´t give newcomers normally a chance. I´m interested to host for many years, therefore they need to have a history and a future.
I´ve tried to find a host with a forum where I can ask questions and I found it. I feel good there.

Last edited:
•••
You need to be sure you will get6 what you pay for and you need to read the reviews about the company you are looking at

•••
Quality of service and great support.

•••
This is really hard to find outstanding hosting but some below points could make difference.

1) Reliability
2) Instant support
3) cheaper than others but service is equivalent to others
4) Server Response

i think so ..

•••
Reviews
price
I assume they are the main ones

•••
I always looked for a few thing.

1. Reliablility
2. Support/Knowledge
3. Price

As the others have said, you get what you pay for really.

•••
I would normally look for in below order:

1) Support
2) Value for Price
3 Uptime. Reliability

Technical support is very important.

Age of company doesn't matter as long as above is taken care.

•••
The big thing for me is the uptime, and reliability, alongside good prices (in comparison with quality) and I also like to see some good support just for peace of mind.

•••
for different package is different,according to what kind of website you want to build,the higher price is not always better,suitable is best.

•••
24x7 support, cheaper than other, and absolutely uptime and quality

•••
cheaper than other

That should not be the selection criteria IMHO. I will go for a price that is reasonable for the given resources.

•••
The cheaper is not better. I hope you understand that

•••
I would normally look for in below order:

1) Support
2) Value for Price
3 Uptime. Reliability

Technical support is very important.

Age of company doesn't matter as long as above is taken care.

I agree with that.

Reputation of the company is also important to me, as well as how they handle free speech / abuse / DMCA complaints.

•••
Remember to avoid hosts that offer "unlimited" space/bandwidth, this is somehow a scam. Also avoid hosts that offer ridiculous amounts of space/bandwidth, such as 10GB space for only $5/month. Hosts like this overload and oversell servers, and are bad news for anyone who wants reliability.

[edit] Please do not spam your links into posts. Use the signature space found in your cpanel

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
I agree with that.

Reputation of the company is also important to me, as well as how they handle free speech / abuse / DMCA complaints.

At the same time that is impossible to gain reputation for the new web hosting company. You need some time for that

•••
I look out for 24/7 amongst other factors.

•••
has to be reliable..and provide quality support

•••
has to be reliable..and provide quality support

And you can get this information from the site of the web hosting provider or how are you going to determine that?

•••
I deem the price is the most important thing here people look at. Indeed. People want as cheap as possible. Economy is bad now.

•••
For me Uptime and Speed, Support and Price. Would also prefer a cpanel host.

•••
there are 2 most vital factors that you should never overlook while choosing a company...
1)Great technical support 2) Promised uptime and 3) offcourse the price

•••
Back