Dynadot

What do you look for in an Escrow Service?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What do you think about Agreed.com?

• 1st

Escrow.com works, so I'm not interested in trying a new company.

votes
    66.2%
  • 2nd

I'm hesitant to use them because they're new.

votes
    16.2%
  • 3rd

I trust them, and I'd use them.

votes
    10.8%
  • 4th

Other (explain in a post)

votes
    6.8%

• 74 votes
  • Ended 10 years ago
  • Final results
With all of the new escrow services (e.g., EscrowHill.com and Agreed.com), it can sometimes be difficult to choose one. It would be interesting to hear how you go about choosing an escrow service for your domain sales. With that said, below are a few questions:
  • What do you think about the new escrow services that have emerged?
  • Which escrow services have you used and what was your experience with them?
  • Would you be comfortable using an escrow service that you've never tried before?
  • What do you look for when selecting an escrow service?
Looking forward to reading your feedback.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I used to use moniker escrow. Since the "new" moniker, i won't use it anymore.
I used sedo few times too, and they were good and smooth.

I tried to use escrow.com, but they didn't accept my country.
I haven't used ecop, because i already knew moniker & sedo.

"Would you be comfortable using an escrow service that you've never tried before"
Because i've tried other escrow service that i feel comfortable with (which is sedo in my case), i need a good reason to use other escrow service (especially a new escrow service).

"What do you look for when selecting an escrow service"
(from the most important to the least important for me)
  1. Security.
  2. Fast transaction processing.
  3. Good support staff.
  4. Easy to use interface.
  5. Transaction fee.

Last edited:
•••
Other (explain in a post) ==> It's first time I see this website (agreed.com) well i can't judge. I dislike escrow.com because if a seller cancel a transaction we must pay all fees (it was my case !) I prefer Ecop.com (As indicate "No risk, 100% refund if the transaction is cancelled.!").

I always set up my escrow transactions so that the buyer is responsible for 100% of the escrow fee. It rarely happens that a buyer will object to the additional expense, but even if s/he does, I just lower the price so that the total --including the escrow fee -- equals the agreed upon price. I then list the buyer as being responsible for the fee. For example, if I were selling a domain for $2000 and the buyer wasn't willing to cover the fee, I would create a transaction with the domain priced at $1,881.47 instead of $2000. I would then make the buyer responsible for the $118.53 escrow fee. The total cost to the buyer is still $2000, however if s/he backs out of the deal ( never happened yet ), s/he is responsible for the fee, not me.

•••
I agree with The New Guy and lennco. Once the escrow service has received the funds and the domain, there should be no reason on earth why the funds shouldn't be remitted to the seller. Any transfer of the domain to the buyer, is up to the buyer to decide if they want the domain immediately (push) rather than any delay which might be caused by a transfer (which has nothing at all to do with the seller). Escrow.com could not do this, because they never receive the domain.

•••
Escrow.com has taken control of the domain when requested by both parties on some high value transactions. We also do this when the seller agrees to finance the sale. The name stays in our account until the financial terms of the transaction have been met. Only then is the name transferred to the buyer. Just a quick sales pitch - We are an independent licensed, bonded, insured and government regulated escrow company compliant with Escrow Law and the money transmission laws of the United States. We strongly suggest you look for the same legal compliance when choosing an escrow company.

•••
Yeah. We like all the other things you are telling us :) It's just the risk of you not taking control of the domain for all transactions we have our misgivings about :(

•••
Yeah. We like all the other things you are telling us :) It's just the risk of you not taking control of the domain for all transactions we have our misgivings about :(
100% Agree

•••
Just a quick sales pitch - We are an independent licensed, bonded, insured and government regulated escrow company compliant with Escrow Law and the money transmission laws of the United States. We strongly suggest you look for the same legal compliance when choosing an escrow company.

I'm sure that Flippa's new service is bound to be also.....not.

•••

Agreed. I hate the fact that despite paying an escrow fee, only the buyer gets fully protected. Anyhow, I know how a buyer could potentially rip off a domain seller by using escrow, but does anyone know of any cases where that has actually happened?

•••
Minimum Escrow fee should be lowered.
$10 - Below $100
$20 - $100 - $200

I'm searching Best escrow service for lowered price domains (below $100).
No one is happy to pay $25 escrow fee for $100 sale. IMO.
I think DaaZ supports domain sales below $100 as well. Pls check with their support team

•••
... Escrow.com could not do this, because they never receive the domain.

Escrow.com currently has the Concierge service for domain transfers (without content) which adds convenience and protection to both Buyer and Seller. The Seller only needs to transfer the domain to one of Escrow.com's secured registrar accounts and then once we are holding the domain, we can release the funds, while we take care of transferring this domain to the Buyer's registrar account. For more details, feel free to PM us or send an email to [email protected] and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers,
Escrow.com Team

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back