Dynadot

What if you win auction but unable to pay at Name Silo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
So I noticed that Name Silo has this method where you have to add funds before you can bid on action. Suppose the bid is $2 and renewal is $10 then you will need to add $12 into your account before you can bid $2.
But once you bid it doesn't deduct amount from your balance until the auction ends. So what if before auction ends a user purchase another domain using that $12 balance?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They come to your house and steal your television and turn off your internet πŸ˜€

•••
You contact support. If you want a line of credit to bid and you have a payment method on file you get the credit.

Going the prepay route yes you can only bid the amount in the account. Get a line of credit.

If you don’t pay for an auction you lose auction privileges… of course.

•••
Actually what happened is I found a nice name in expired auction. Kept watching it for 2 days and then when few hours were left I decided to bid. I was a bit surprised as to why no other bids have come but thought this is my lucky day. But after bidding I had a GOOD LOOK at the name and realized there is a spelling mistake >:(

Oh so that's why there was no bids hmmm...... So I was thinking to weasel my way out of this and this is why I posted this thread but then reality set in and I thought that nothing can be done and let this be a lesson for future to always triple check names before bidding.

Then it occurred to me to contact NameSilo support which I did and they were kind enough to remove this bid for me. Thanks NameSilo for your prompt action and support on this :xf.grin:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back