IT.COM

question What is the position of NamePros in regards to the situation in Europe?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

namezest

Top Member
Impact
Just interested to know, as I am sure we all are, as to whether or not you will be banning Russian users?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We? There is no we. Or do you mean everyone except me?

•••
•••
Aiding Putin in censoring foreign knowledge seems counterproductive, at least for now. We aren't a giant social media company that would have a psychological impact by cutting off services to Russia; nobody is going to be rebelling against their government just because they can't access NamePros. For now, we're more useful as an uncensored source of information for anyone who might be seeking it.

That being said, this is a volatile situation, and what seems like a poor decision today could become the best course of action tomorrow. We'll do our best to adapt as the situation changes.

•••
So you want NamePros to be PRO censorship, just like NameCheap?

•••
a very difficult question and there is no place for jokes in my opinion ...

•••
By my count, we have at least 1-2 Russians here totally against the war, & so if they're going to block Russian IPs or whatever, those members will be unjustly punished. It would be another "collective punishment" measure taken by private businesses "not on government directives".

Hope it doesn't get to that, more similar situations could follow, it becomes a trend, just very messy.

•••
Back