Dynadot

What is wrong with Expireddomains.net

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
A free service jealous of some of its users (who don't abuse the system at all) and blocking such users (if any). Not a surprise. But then shut it down, or make it a paid service. Also totally ignorant..so, obviously this is an intentional action,.. he can't say, you caught a domain I was planning to handregister myself.

I may build my own service. What do I need to know. Some API stuff needed, but what the hell are they.

ok: it may theoretically be the case that my user data may have been stolen and then abused, but probably this is not the case.

this thing happened often in school, I was uncomparably better than others,.. so I was harrassed with total nonsense even by teachers.

This should be a fair game.. Ok thanks for free service until recently, but in some sense this is not fair. you can keep it free for others still I'm willing to pay 100 usd per year. I can build a better service, but it would cost me time.

I know silence is not a good sign.

maybe time to quit completely. not worth the time despite some small profit.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks jmcc, great info.
I have no development skills but if I understand things a little bit, then I can hire someone for development.
In the past I became very successful with development, partly by luck. Not in hurry for development.

•••
Is that how it works? If there is no reasonable explanation you can just make anything up.

It is probably aliens, or 5g, or the illuminati then.

I think the odds are you were doing something to get banned like scraping.

Brad

I only did manual work (searches).
Yes, it could be a deepstate thing (1 percent chance). Afternic, and then expireddomains, in a short period of time, creating problems, and not trying to fix or explain them, and I'm the target, and maybe also other "antivaxxers".
Most likely someone was not happy with my strategy (nothing special about it).

Last edited:
•••
Thanks jmcc, great info.
I have no development skills but if I understand things a little bit, then I can hire someone for development.
In the past I became very successful with development, partly by luck. Not in hurry for development.
It is very rare to find a single individual with the necessary database skills and even outsourcing it would be highly problematic. There's a world of difference between the databases used for this kind of domain name work and the typical small website database. Paying professional database architects and designers will be expensive. It is often more efficient to run multiple databases to handle the workload. the database architectures have to be designed correctly and able to scale. Small databases rarely have issues with the query times, slow queries and indexes but those things become vitally important on large databases.

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:
•••
I think what he is saying is probably that he started to run some sort of bot / crawler on expireddomains.com database and was kicked out because of this.

•••
this thing happened often in school, I was uncomparably better than others,.. so I was harrassed with total nonsense even by teachers.

So the Harassment of expireddomains was less or more painful than the teachers !?

Last edited:
•••
"teachers'" attacks were less acceptable (more annoying), and could be criminal (lower grades than deserved compared to others (many tricks), and threatening to end low paying student job based on,.. some total and vague nonsense). e.d. is just discriminating and has the right to do so. At first I suspected this was just,.. a mistake, but now it is clear that it was an attack. If everyone was treated the same way, I would have no objection at all. Handselecting a few and treating them differently in a negative way,, not very professional.
No, I don't use bots, I have no such skills. If I did I would build my own ..everything.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back