IT.COM

What would you like to see?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What tutorial would you like to see?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Installing/Using Wordpress

votes
    100.0%
  • Installing/Using Joomla

vote
    50.0%
  • A different script (Please post)

votes
    0.0%
  • I don't need to see anything

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
I'm just curious to see if anyone thinks a collection of tutorials for popular scripts like Wordpress or Joomla would be worthwhile. Tell me what you want to see and why!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey,

Well I have not voted but on the tutorial front it would depend on what kind of take you would have.

Their are many tutorials on the web that do what you would do but mayb eyou can do it in a better way and maybe source them all together so its easier to find?

A suggestion, when I read tutorials I do not like how some of them go about just telling me what to do. I sometimes like it to explain how it works and what it does.

•••
In my opinion a tutorial is like a college lecture. All material should be explained well enough, and shown with examples, that at the end, the student, or reader, has a good understanding of the subject and won't need to refer to the tutorial again for the same subject.
So yes, lots of screenshots, lots of explanations.

•••
In my opinion a tutorial is like a college lecture. All material should be explained well enough, and shown with examples, that at the end, the student, or reader, has a good understanding of the subject and won't need to refer to the tutorial again for the same subject.

I agree.

There are a million sites out there - which try and talk about anything and everything.

However, many a times, they miss out on key points - key steps which people who aren't as good as the tuturial writers can't cope up with.

Therefore, if you write a tutorial - keeping in mind the fact that you'll be explaining a complete newbie - you'll automatically include more screenshots and better instructions + warnings wherever they're likely to go wrong.

•••
moved to proper section.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back