IT.COM

What's going on with Epik and Rob Monster?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
I'm catching the tail end of this, seems to be some kind of controversy...

https://domaingang.com/domain-news/rob-monster-off-twitter-after-christchurch-massacre-controversy/

Must be something odd to evoke this type of a response from one of our members.

Picture0016.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Tom runs a site called DNPlaybook.com. The entire site has 149 indexed pages according to Google:

Show attachment 184002

Of those 149 pages, a whopping 83 of them have some reference to Epik:

Show attachment 184003

You can infer from that what you like.

@Rob Monster, I doubt very much there are that many pages about Epik. Maybe 5 or 6. You have to keep in mind that G indexes tags, categories, comments and images. So, likely, the majority of the results are duplicates.

•••
•••
One person's hate speech is another person's basedness.

Basedness.com

•••
"There will be no loyalty except loyalty to the Party. But always there will be the intoxication of power. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who’s helpless. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, forever. The moral to be drawn from this dangerous nightmare situation is a simple one: don’t let it happen. It depends on you."

some famous guy:)

•••
One person's hate speech is another person's basedness.

Basedness.com

Do you mean one-basedness, biasedness, baseness? What is your intention with this post? Can you expound. Personally, I don't like cryptic posts. I'm sure you had an idea in your mind. Looks like a promotion for a domain.

Last edited:
•••
Do you mean one-basedness, biasedness, baseness? What is your intention with this post? Can you expound. Personally, I don't like cryptic posts. I'm sure you had an idea in your mind. Looks like a promotion for a domain.
Sure.

To some truth is the only relevancy and there are no stones that will be left unturned on the grounds of them having statements or representations that some will find reprehensible.

An indifference to what others may think is based.

A true posturing of inquiry and exploration behooves one to be humble before history and the unknown. There is no room for emotional spoilage to get in the way of humility and parsing endless depths and prisms (subjects eg biology, Evolutionary Psychology) to view and understand.

Last edited:
•••
Sure.

To some truth is the only relevancy and there are no stones that will be left unturned on the grounds of them having statements or representations that some will find reprehensible.

An indifference to what others may think is based.

A true posturing of inquiry and exploration behooves one to be humble before history and the unknown. There is no room for emotional spoilage to get in the way of humility and parsing endless depths and prisms (subjects eg biology, Evolutionary Psychology) to view and understand.
As far as I understand the human condition,

Many live with a subconscious utopian inclination and ideal (building heaven on earth, one big human family etc). Their ignorance of the battle of group selection, ethnic cleansing and genocide in 2021 is too hot to handle and a far cry from their tribeless state of mind seeking the brotherhood of humankind.

•••

All I can say that is coherent (I hope) is that TRUTH is not something we can attain completely. It is something we should constantly strive for. It is a never ending process. As we can move closer to truth, so we can also move further away from it. Having the right heart, an open mind, and willingness to work hard for it goes a long way. Dig for the truth as for hidden treasures, as for silver. Why not as for gold? Because you have to dig deeper to find silver. Don't be satisfied with what you know today. ;)

Last edited:
•••
All I can say that is coherent (I hope) is that TRUTH is not something we can attain completely. It is something we should constantly strive for. It is a never ending process. As we can move closer to truth, so we can also move further away from it. Having the right heart, an open minded, and willingness to work hard for it goes a long way. Dig for the truth as for hidden treasures, as for silver. Why not as for gold? Because you have to dig deeper to find silver. Don't be satisfied with what you know today. ;)
Sure but so few are free agents, or I could say, assume their free agency - to engage on that discovery process.

It is the relationship of the individual to the collective. A prosocial species, like bees, humans are often the byproduct of synthesis and exposure to dogmas and ideologies of their environment.

To be high in disagreeableness, curiosity, precociousness to seek out different information also requires life circumstances to be able to do so. Fortunately, the internet is that space to democratize and make everything accessible to all.

Therefore, my take on hate speech is that no person should have fear for their safety by way of threats - explicit/ implied. And that is pretty much it.

Last edited:
•••
Those who engage in hateful and deceptive speech and those who support them basically want to suppress other people’s opinions and points of view through intimidation, personal attacks, and foul language so that they can force the kind of manufactured version of the truth on to others that serves their own misguided interests and agendas.

The last thing that people who hate want is for the real truth to come out. If they don’t like the message about the truth they simply create the kind of profile for the messenger that is meant to justify all their attacks on him or her to their own followers.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Sure but so few are free agents, or I could say, assume their free agency - to engage on that discovery process.

It is the relationship of the individual to the collective. A prosocial species, like bees, humans are often the byproduct of synthesis and exposure to dogmas and ideologies of their environment.

What you write here is very true. But you do not have to be a victim of your environment if you don't want to. I believe that if you can unlock yourself from the collective, which is a challenge, I agree, you will experience true freedom. Your thinking will truly become yours. You will not be swept away like the waves of the sea by the "saveur de jour".

Therefore, my take on hate speech is that no person should have fear for their safety by way of threats - explicit/ implied. And that is pretty much it.

I agree here too. But why does "hate speech" come across with such retaliatory backlash? Is it because it incites strong emotions? Likely. We need to try to understand each other and communicate in a way to reach each other. "Hate speech" is labeled as such because it doesn't serve any purpose other than to incite hate. Then you get into a lot of complicated mess. But violence and threats are never the answer. Unfortunately you will find crazies out there.

•••
Although I respect everyone's right to express their opinions and points view, but sometimes I wonder if we can have a true intellectual debate between those who have ascended to a higher state of mind and freed themselves of the collective thinking that is injected into everyone's mind from childhood and those who are still enslaved to their political, religious, and racial loyalties and affiliations and that all the arguments that they set forward are only to protect the interest of their masters regardless of what is right or wrong for the future of Humanity and our Home Planet.

These people who seem to have no mind of their own and only seem to be able to repeat what someone else has said in a book or meme hide behind the veneer of civility only as long as things are going their way, but ultimately resort to intimidation and violence once their interests and agendas are threatened by a formidable opponent that they cannot control or bend to their will.

We are seeing this happening all over the World right now as activists and journalists are being killed by the status quo collectives.

IMO

•••
This thread has become absolutely pointless.

•••
Hi

you guys have went.... where not many other NP members have went before
ya'll went aqua boogie deep

but so few are free agents,

yes, this is very evident in many discussion threads

to engage on that discovery process.
so many fear to go here. some don't want to know the truth

It is the relationship of the individual to the collective.
yes... here at NP, it's all about the cliques` and likes
the associations and the loyalties.

To be high in disagreeableness, curiosity, precociousness to seek out different information also requires life circumstances to be able to do so
agree, one had to be raised that way, to be inquisitive, to question the questionable, regardless to status, position, etc.

if you can unlock yourself from the collective, which is a challenge, I agree, you will experience true freedom.

for sure, as an independent thinker, your opinions may have more weight than the consensus of agreeables' and flagwavers'.

Your thinking will truly become yours. You will not be swept away like the waves of the sea by the "saveur de jour".

once the rose colored glasses are removed, clarity will be seen

But why does "hate speech" come across with such retaliatory backlash? Is it because it incites strong emotions?

Hi

all the hate speakers weren't born that way
so, they had to learn, to hate
be trained, to discriminate.

imo...

•••

It's not completely pointless if it helps to put an end to all the hate, animosities, intimidations, and deceptive tactics that are going on around us.

If left unchecked the status quo and all its elements are going to take us on the verge of another World War.

IMO

•••
@TheBaldOne ,

Disliking my post shows a little hate coming from you,

You could have simply used the "Disagree" option.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
@oldtimer - I 'HATE' my time being wasted , glad you picked up on it.

•••
•••
As a last reply to you - AND AS A REMINDER CONCERNING WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT - it is about

It is not about YOU waffling on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
•••
As a last reply to you - AND AS A REMINDER CONCERNING WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT - it is about

It is not about YOU waffling on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'll be silent then.

•••
@Rob Monster, stick to creating a competitive business. Don't start a pissing match. Leave religion, politics, and conspiracy theories at the door. That's for family dinners.

I wouldn't have found such nice words.
Yes, I fully agree.

•••
•••

thanks for the wake up call:)

This thread should be renamed to "social justice warriors tell Rob how to live his life and run his business":)

•••
This thread should be renamed to "social justice warriors tell Rob how to live his life and run his business":)

lol

Hi

just so you ,and any others who think like the comment quoted above, will know:

outside of my family/business circle
i don't care how anyone lives their life or run their business.

they can run it into the ground
or take it to the top of the charts,

however
any comments made by me, are in relation to how one conducts themselves and their posts made on the forum, as a member.

as with any member, who posts about their service, domains, etc. then obviously they seek feedback.

that feedback, though opinionated, is based on the feed they give/gave and any experience i may have had with the subject/topic, personally.

imo....

•••

thanks for the wake up call:)

If you are going to make blanket statements it really doesn’t mean anything unless you back up those statements with honest arguments and facts, if possible. This is why most posts on forums are pointless.

Last edited:
•••
Back