Dynadot

poll When renewing, what do you usually consider?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

When renewing, what do you usually consider?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Previous year traffic

votes
    27.1%
  • Previous year offers

votes
    40.0%
  • Popularity of the keywords

votes
    51.4%
  • Sound of the name

votes
    25.7%
  • Aftermarket liquidity

votes
    22.9%
  • Extension

votes
    40.0%
  • Renewal fee

votes
    42.9%
  • Chances of selling this year

votes
    27.1%
  • Potential sale price

votes
    32.9%
  • Others (Pls comment)

votes
    5.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
What all factors do you usually consider when renewing a domain name for the next year?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Other. How much profit the domain earned me vs the time taken to profit from the domain.

•••
When you are renewing any domain name, you must ensure that the keywords used in domain name are trending to that particular year or period. If you take an example videocassets.com CDROM.com these are obselet now. You must research for trending keywords to that particular period.

•••
I look for renewal fee and if any discounts associated with it.

•••
dot ICU back to over One Million REGs

and MONEY MATTERS !

.icu @ SAV :

Reg $0.99 Ren $3.99 Trf $3.99

Cheers !

•••
Its a hard decision to make per usual but heres what usually cross my mind....

Did I register the domain name? if yes -> then my thoughts are ... that I still believe in this domain name as much as I would believe in the next handreg i decided to purchase... so with that I might as well renew...

did I BUY aftermarket... is it worth letting it expire? For instance if the name is a 4 letter domain or something like that no it's not worth letting it expire in which case autorenew.

If i bought the name aftermarket and it cost less then renewals when I originally bought... or it was part of a package or something... then no ill let it go...

lastly ... if it was a hand reg... and it's effect on me didnt age well then ill let it expire... aka if i thought something was super clever or if it was very popular at the time... but the magic wore off or the name sounds dumb to me now.. then obviously cut the slack....
I would act almost the same way!

While at it, i would also consider the number of enquires that would have come and if some other tld of the same keyword has a popular website running and garnering good traffic.

•••
How many days more am I going to live?

•••
Last edited:
•••
Besides domain names with personal/hobby style sites, I am only renewing my 4 letter.com's

Cheers
Corey

•••
Back