Dynadot

advice Why is a two-character domain is so expensive?

NameSilo
Watch

charles004

Established Member
Impact
Why is two-character domain are so expensive? I am planning to get a domain for my business, But I am looking for a catchy buzzword as my domain for my taxi dispatching business for quick reach. Can anyone explain why this type of domain is so expensive?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

It's scarcity and the law of supply and demand. How many two-letter possible combinations are out there? Not many, right? How many companies have you seen using a two letter domain and what size are those companies? Unfortunately a two character domain in .com is out of reach for most of businesses, a three letter? need some serious cash... four letter? it depends on its brandability but a good one usually goes in five figures.

The market is scarce, that's why they are expensive...

•••
Why is two-character domain are so expensive? I am planning to get a domain for my business, But I am looking for a catchy buzzword as my domain for my taxi dispatching business for quick reach. Can anyone explain why this type of domain is so expensive?
Hey charles,

Even the 4 letter ones, as far as I know, are sold out. Because they are brief, easy to recall, and extremely rare, they can be valued at tens of thousands of dollars. I mean, there are many fewer combinations of four letters than there are of ten letters, which have trillions of possibilities.

This is Jammyshan from Uplogic Technologies.

•••
I would suggest look for decent 4L, I recently sold one for xxx,xxx so yeah good 4L might cost you a lot.

•••
Because the shorter the better, especially on Mobile.

•••
Back