alert Wow, pretty amazing .xyz scam?

NameSilo
Watch

Arjun Oli

AntiFiat.comTop Member
Impact
Screenshot.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good names will always sell.
There is no need to bad mouth about a particular extension which will do some damages to your friends here who have good names.
If you don't believe in it then move on and buy something else.

•••
As usual, namepros is full of haters .. continue hating on people who are selling and who are nice enough to freaking share. Different people are selling. It's normal that one person sells the most if that person has most of the names. AND GOOD FOR THAT PERSON as they took a calculated risk when others didn't.

YOU MISSED OUT ON GETTING INTO .XYZ EARLY ON, now you spend the time justifying why you didn't, to make yourself feel good. A few times a year I comment in some threads and 99% of the time I remember why I usually don't anymore. Namepros has gone downhill over the years.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Disregarding the premium renewals, it seems that many xyz names are undersold.

Also posting on a warning/scam thread with a screenshot of recent sales and no other info is just absurd.

Last edited:
•••
What's interesting is that the OP started a thread with a clickbait title, included a screenshot with zero context, & did not participate in the thread..

hmmm...

IMO

•••
When @DNGear posted her latest sales, I was thinking they will surely spark a (hating/envious/angry) reaction by someone. I didn't have to wait too long.

•••
Car.xyz sold from one domainer to another. It comes with a 1k usd renewal which not all domainers would accept in their investment strategies.

•••
May be we should create same title posts with fake ID's.

.Com is Scam
.IO is Scam
.Co is Scam

•••
May be we should create same title posts with fake ID's.

.Com is Scam
.IO is Scam
.Co is Scam
Hi

i feel ya

reported this thread twice, and it's still going.

if such an anti-extension campaign was started, it could totally disrupt the legitimacy of np ranking.

imo...

•••
giphy.gif

Oh no...another one missed the wave and is now raging.

•••
This thread still exists just because of NP free speech. If i were a mod, I would ban all these fake trollers who are trolling about .xyz.I will erase all these duplicate users who are acting like nice and gentleman with their normal username and trolling with fake ID's.
It's not a big task for mods to retrieve these trollers' identities and display them publicly.
How many threads create or how much negativity you spread .XYZ is the future. Its never gonna be a .US.

•••
The OP here basically just created a post then disappeared.

If you want to call something a scam, back it up with some evidence, data, or comments not just a screenshot with no context.

The fact that the OP has not participated after the first post says a lot.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Well
In the list traveling.xyz was mine.

It was sold & my bank already called me about the receiving of money.

Also, guy.xyz for 4850$ in nAmebio sav sale was also mine.

I already gog the monry & reinvested in partner.xyz & ev.xyz

So , my experienced is legit yet

•••
Stay on topic boys lol
So xyż is not a scam. Its just to unbelievable to be true to those that missed .boat
The email from afternic to The Queen re: clinique answered questions for me I didnt have to ask general public
I know i know, should open a fake account that way people wouldn’t have to see my posts and username.
We haven't missed the boat, we covered that already. Keep up :happy:

Sales yesterday according to namebio...

security.xyz - 2,005 USD
talk.xyz - 1,265 USD
education.xyz - 782 USD
vodka.xyz - 530 USD
recipes.xyz - 305 USD

All affordable, no boats missed.

Day before yesterday:

chocolate.xyz - 201 USD
watches.xyz - 204 USD
ss.xyz - 107 USD

Need I go on..........

Last edited:
•••
so you compared auction price with retail price? you can reg a domain for $10 sell for $1000 either, what's wrong?

•••
so you compared auction price with retail price? you can reg a domain for $10 sell for $1000 either, what's wrong?
The gap between reseller prices and end user prices in .XYZ is quite striking.

If you look at the sales chart above it is quite amazing the quality of keyword that are selling for mid $XXX to low $X,XXX reseller prices. Several of those terms are likely (7) figures in .COM.

Though in fairness, that is how it works in most secondary extensions. I have sold some .US domains in the tens of thousands range that I purchased for (3) figures. You need the massive margin to cover for the low sell-through rate.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
pushing the extension using this argument is nonsense.
Hi

pushing the extension, by using any argument that's plausibly conceivable,
has always been the sop since the pre-launch of .mobi

land-rush was the next stage, followed by "the gangster stage" when the registries decide to just keep certain names and auction them off, or sell for premium registration price.

somebody always makes and somebody always loses money when new extensions are released.

not long ago, folks were saying .io and .ai were being used by tech companies, so isn't web3 technical?

it's circumstances, that make other options viable, if/when those choices and .com are unavailable

imo...

•••
This thread still exists just because of NP free speech. If i were a mod, I would ban all these fake trollers who are trolling about .xyz.I will erase all these duplicate users who are acting like nice and gentleman with their normal username and trolling with fake ID's.
It's not a big task for mods to retrieve these trollers' identities and display them publicly.
How many threads create or how much negativity you spread .XYZ is the future. Its never gonna be a .US.
CookedPoliteAsiansmallclawedotter-size_restricted.gif

•••
Last edited:
•••
@Dot.us Are those premium renewals like chocolate.xyz
Its so young lol
If those are premium renewals, the dropper was double smart. One for dropping, one for removing listing from sedo.

Yes yes. Are those names standard renewal?
We should be moving this conversation now to xyz thread main one and closing this thread. Juice is juice though
security.xyz - 2,005 USD Renewal - 3000
talk.xyz - 1,265 USD Renewal - 3000
education.xyz - 782 USD Renewal - 3000
vodka.xyz - 530 USD Renewal - 700
recipes.xyz - 305 USD Renewal - 1300
chocolate.xyz - 201 USD Renewal - 1300
watches.xyz - 204 USD Renewal - 1300
ss.xyz - 107 USD Renewal - 1300

•••
The OP just created the thread and left.
We don't need to make the hole bigger.
let it RIP

•••
The sales happen typically due to quality regardless of who owns them.

Last edited:
•••
XYZ army "-"

200.gif

Last edited:
•••
I disagree, many web3 prefer .xyz way more than .io and especially over .co.

For your other points, yes it's a riskier asset vs a standard renewal regarding the premium renewals.

Last edited:
•••
The gap between reseller prices and end user prices in .XYZ is quite striking.

If you look at the sales chart above it is quite amazing the quality of keyword that are selling for mid $XXX to low $X,XXX reseller prices. Several of those terms are likely (7) figures in .COM.

Though in fairness, that is how it works in most secondary extensions. I have sold some .US domains in the tens of thousands range that I purchased for (3) figures. You need the massive margin to cover for the low sell-through rate.

Brad
This kind of topic has been brought up again and again as you can see most of them are carrying registry premium renewal fees, and I don't think you didn't aware that since you've been around here so long. The sales from Swetha are all standard renewals.
1650722355494.png
o

•••
Back