IT.COM

discuss .XYZ - Does the sale also impact you?

NameSilo
Watch

.XYZ - Does the sale also impact you?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes - I wish I had invested

votes
    84.6%
  • No - It isn't my game

vote
    7.7%
  • I am indifferent

vote
    7.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
.XYZ and the huge sales that we keep seeing time and again affect me like anything. I always saw some potential in it and the fact that the registry gave it for $0.01 some years ago looks like a steal deal that I missed.

I know that the renewals would have killed it and I wouldn't be holding all of it but maybe 1% of them.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it impacts no one .. except the one person holding 20k most sellable names.. thus making 99percent of all sales.. aka monopoly plz stop dreamin about making xyz sales ... cause dreams cost money. there is a lot of dreamers here who spread misinformation and cause others to lose money. I hope they feel shame

Last edited:
•••
:xf.rolleyes:
it impacts no one .. except the one person holding 20k most sellable names..

plz stop dreamin about making xyz sales ... cause dreams cost money.
Says he who has been hand regging or catching .xyz's (and two worders at that) this month and the past few, and pricing them at $99,999!!! O_o But of course 'he' is not dreaming!!
there is a lot of dreamers here who spread misinformation
..yes, there are!!
Gotta admit, you're a hoot!

•••
Why should it impact me.
At best it serves as a very valuable information on the type of buyers and the type names that are selling.

WHy does only xyz sales have to affect you? How about those selling com for 8 figures? How about those flipping 8 figure real estate? How about Elon Musk? I think you focus a lot on what you can't control.

Back to XYZ, I sold 3 names so far for a total of $25500 if that makes sense.
I know others who are also selling quietly.

English dictionary is not just 20,000 names and there are other players as well.
I am just a small fry who simply put his head down and followed the money.

•••
:xf.rolleyes:

Says he who has been hand regging or catching .xyz's (and two worders at that) this month and the past few, and pricing them at $99,999!!! O_o But of course 'he' is not dreaming!!

..yes, there are!!
Gotta admit, you're a hoot!

u make it sound like I have 100s or get 100s.. a handful is fine. but dreamers get 100s and 1000s.

as I.said thank u sir for spreading misinformation.. who pays ya anyway

Last edited:
•••
Why should it impact me.
At best it serves as a very valuable information on the type of buyers and the type names that are selling.

WHy does only xyz sales have to affect you? How about those selling com for 8 figures? How about those flipping 8 figure real estate? How about Elon Musk? I think you focus a lot on what you can't control.

English dictionary is not just 20,000 names and there are other players as well.

yeah..everyone selling for 1000s...and everyone knows someone quietly who sold for 1000s.. we spin our tales anyway we need em ... hard to plz all...

Last edited:
•••
it impacts no one .. except the one person holding 20k most sellable names.. thus making 99percent of all sales.. aka monopoly plz stop dreamin about making xyz sales ... cause dreams cost money. there is a lot of dreamers here who spread misinformation and cause others to lose money. I hope they feel shame
What's difference between few hold 20k one word with 100 people holding 20k in .coms? You can't either find any of them, the truth is some people missed the chance some people step forward acquiring one word .xyz for $2000 each, it's better than spend one word .com for millions of dollar. In buyer's perspective they don't really care what domainers think on this point.

•••
What's difference between few hold 20k one word with 100 people holding 20k in .coms? You can't either find any of them, the truth is some people missed the chance some people step forward acquiring one word .xyz for $2000 each, it's better than spend one word .com for millions of dollar. In buyer's perspective they don't really care what domainers think on this point.

xyz and com are nite and day stories..let's.not even compare. u can sell anything in.com or almost. and 99perxent xyz is 1word...besides ..have u or are seeing one person making 99percent com sales...of course not.. well hope the differences are clear.now

Last edited:
•••
u make it sound like I have 100s or get 100s.. a handful is fine. but dreamers get 100s and 1000s.

as I.said thank u sir for spreading misinformation.. who pays ya anyway
I ‘never’ noted or implied you had 100s or get 100s. That’s your way of defending your $99,999 price tag on your 2 word xyz’s.

Please do show where I ‘ever’ spread any misinformation!! You’re the one downplaying xyz postings as encouraging others to dream they can make good xyz sales, while you reg 2 word xyz domains (and not good ones) and price them at 100 grand!! Now who is the dreamer here!?!?!

•••
xyz and com are nite and day stories..let's.not even compare. u can sell anything in.com or almost. and 99perxent xyz is 1word...besides ..have u or are seeing one person making 99percent com sales...of course not.. well hope the differences are clear.now
I meant that's nothing to do with end users view, if one word .xyz is much cheaper than .com why choose .com? besides .com has no more advantages compared to .xyz.

•••
I ‘never’ noted or implied you had 100s or get 100s. That’s your way of defending your $99,999 price tag on your 2 word xyz’s.

Please do show where I ‘ever’ spread any misinformation!! You’re the one downplaying xyz postings as encouraging others to dream they can make good xyz sales, while you reg 2 word xyz domains (and not good ones) and price them at 100 grand!! Now who is the dreamer here!?!?!

what I do is tell everyone to be happy for swetha.. while reminding them she has monopoly and her results are impossible to even approach. I say this when people get excited or inspired. because all we can be is happy for her. inspired implies we can match results or even.partly. which we can't. if u see.things.different then really we dont have so much left to.say.together.. and yes I held.like 10 xyz for 5 yrs now... so what.. and yes recently I regged like 10 low end 1word xyz.and 2word.. maybe I.was bored.. if u think.i did it cause I feel inspired..well it's not the case... and no I never participate in expired.auctons.. in fact not for any tld or name in 7 yrs lol and honestly I'd.not do it for xyz.. and lastly cause u seem to think yer a hotshot... I price all.my 1k names at 99,999usd. I'm lazy like that ;) well tnx again for being me number 1.fan and reading all my 20k posts. I love u.

•••
•••
I meant that's nothing to do with end users view, if one word .xyz is much cheaper than .com why choose .com? besides .com has no more advantages compared to .xyz.

well if u use that.view ..then .pizza is no worse than com either no?

the point is most 1word xyz are now priced 4fig and 5fig...and many 6fig.too... I'm sorry to.keep referring to dngear and people wonder why..but who.else.can.we.refer to when talking about xyz when she makes 99percent sales
...its unavoable.. that being said... companies have option often enuf to buy com for cheaper than xyz..

•••
price all.my 1k names at 99,999usd.
Yet so many are 'not priced'. But your xyz's are! More mistruths from you. :xf.rolleyes:

Yeah we really don't have much more left to say. Talking to a rock is more productive than to you.

Sorry if I didn't/don't add a '.' between all my words. Not a 'cool' as you think you are.

•••
Yet so many are 'not priced'. But your xyz's are! More mistruths from you. :xf.rolleyes:

Yeah we really don't have much more left to say. Talking to a rock is more productive than to you.

Sorry if I didn't/don't add a '.' between all my words. Not a 'cool' as you think you are.

u are clueless but u think u hotshot.. I know yer kind.. u got no.clue why my posts have some.dots... u.got no clue how many of.my names have bins.and where and why... let's stop here.. cause me start thinking someone made big booboo when they gave u that pro badge. so we make deal...I.dont assume about u u dont assume about me heheheh marry xmas loverboy

•••
@alcy oh, ok big timer. You know all here. Yet you 'don't' have a pro badge. Obvious as to why!
I'm gonna go watch grass grow, which is a lot more productive than bantering with clowns like you.

And.don't.forget to.retort so you.can.pump up.your ego.to get the.last word.in. ......... smh!!

•••
the point is most 1word xyz are now priced 4fig and 5fig...and many 6fig.too... I'm sorry to.keep referring to dngear and people wonder why..but who.else.can.we.refer to when talking about xyz when she makes 99percent sales
...its unavoable.. that being said... companies have option often enuf to buy com for cheaper than xyz..
.pizza is only specifically use for pizza companies, .xyz has a way more wider range for business purposes even more than .com, so your statement is not valid, I wonder what's your intension since you're talking about the xyz monopoly all day here and it's obviously vile for the NP community, and while you're whining day by day here I saw many good sales come out from other domainers, some dictionary words are still available to acquire at xxxx at sav with wholesale price that could flip to xxxxx for the next round.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 12.32.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 12.32.48 AM.png
    409.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 12.30.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 12.30.46 AM.png
    90.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 12.29.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 12.29.18 AM.png
    56 KB · Views: 42
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 12.28.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 12.28.13 AM.png
    392.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
•••
.pizza is only specifically use for pizza companies, .xyz has a way more wider range for business purposes even more than .com, so your statement is not valid, I wonder what's your intension since you're talking about the xyz monopoly all day here and it's obviously vile for the NP community, and while you're whining day by day here I saw many good sales come out from other domainers, some dictionary words are still available to acquire at xxxx at sav with wholesale price that could flip to xxxxx for the next round.

if u dont get what I say about monopoly... which is no more than stating fact then go ahead buy xyz for 2k... 3k..5k.... and I'm gonna laugh and enjoy watch u waste yer money... just cause u cant take my advice about monopoly and its meaning. have fun heh

•••
if u dont get what I say about monopoly... which is no more than stating fact then go ahead buy xyz for 2k... 3k..5k.... and I'm gonna laugh and enjoy watch u waste yer money... just cause u cant take my advice about monopoly and its meaning. have fun heh
lol...you have no idea

•••
•••
.XYZ could be a good investment and there might still be value to be captured.

Why should it impact me.

And that's what kind of names? And what's the portfolio size of XYZ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back