IT.COM

XYZ is like Doge coin

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enterscope

Domain InvestmentsTop Member
Impact
Totally overvalued and pumped. Change my mind.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It had traction in crypto circles
It is supposed to be generations X, Y & Z and it is popular with under 30 something kids

So it's good enough to do lots of defi projects as the main name for MILLIONS

.xyz
.io
.app

All have raised BILLIONS in VC and defi dough

It's as if .com doesn't exist in crypto

You create a business model, stick it on a crap TLD and raise mega millions then buy the .com

My company did a ton of crypto related projects last couple of years, all outside of .com

.com is for guys stuck in the 90's

•••
When I search for a domain on dynadot.com, xyz is showing at fourth position after .com .net and .org. I don't have the exact numbers but it seems a lot of people are registering these names.
Xyz has been on sale there for $2

•••
Great Brands or Domains are essential for branding for building authority and trust in your company. Branding means communicating directly with your customers about your value, vision, products, and services, and in the process building trust and goodwill in the market and creating a perception that helps in the favorable decision making. In short, if your brand is good you can command a premium or generate better results with relatively less marketing and sales efforts.

Now coming back to your core question about the domain extension. If your story or communication strategy is supported and further amplified by the domain extension it is the best option for any branding team. Have you observed why many companies use gTLD or ccTLD as their main domain and use their .com only for delivering traffic for example Zoom company is using Zoom.us as their main domain and although they own .com; its .com extension is only used for forwarding purposes? Because using Zoom with us extension amplifies their stories about their product and service in the customer's mind more strongly than the .com. That is also the reason why Alphabet (Google's holding company) is using abc.xyz which means covering entire letters in the alphabets starting from a. b, c to x, y, z; in sort, positioning their brand like we have everything available whatever you want now or in future.

Now, why .XYZ is getting so hyped especially among crypto and web3 if you remember these cryptos and web3 are mainly a revolt against the corporate and centralized government system and here X, Y, and Z play a very important role in amplifying their story and communication strategy. It represents diversity, inclusiveness, community engagement, and more important decentralized system. XYZ also represents three different dimensions X, Y, Z, and also three different generations. No wonder, US$16 Billion crypto and web3-centric venture capital company choose Paradigm.XYZ instead of .com or any other extension as their domain for their brand.

Paradigm is shifting from Web2 to Web3, from Corporate to COmmunity and from Centralized System to Decentralized system so does the culture and trend.

All the best!
Beautifully said! Your answer should be copy and pasted in every thread questioning xyz.

•••
Dogecoin is the future buddy- It will go back up eventually whether you like it or not. It's way more user friendly than even bitcoin. Bitcoin is the king of coins but it's the real overhyped coin imo, because it's not feasible for usage globally and it's supply makes that impossible. People are bandwagons; it's that simple. That's why only a few got rich off dogecoin.,, because others didn't have a mind of their own.

It comes down to being able to see value in something when everyone else sees trash.

What gives xyz or dogecoin or bitcoin value? People

If people collectively choose to value something then it has value. It's that simple.
Doge had elon backing it... while XYZ had Google using it, which in essence gave it their nod of approval.
And now .xyz has a niche among the tech/meta world.

I think domainers are in danger of losing out if we buy into the false idea that the three top extensions since year 2000 will always be the only players in the game. Times are changing and that means the internet, and the way people think are evolving as well. So we can't be closed minded.

Personally, I'm not at the place where i would build my brand on a .xyz yet, but i can see it becoming something serious if companies continue to build their brands on it. It felt a bit childish to me when it first came out so i didn't buy into it. But the power of branding can sell and establish anything. A joke today could be a serious business tomorrow.

•••
Also, I want to know more about all these sales. What's driving them and if real businesses are being built on them. We need to track these sales by Swetha and others to see what becomes of the names? I think that will help alot in determining how serious it is becoming or if it's a temporary thing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back