beer.xyz
doctor.xyz
about.xyz
jewelry.xyz

And many more premium .xyz domains sold for around $500 or less on sav.com

Swetha sells much worse .xyz domain names for over $50k each

something is not right here and nobody is talking about this

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Selling products, goods ,services. Ordinary, everyday life needs. Can be b&m but digital goods/services b2c as well. Much broader actually but you get the gist.

It's not about the domain extension. It's about what your audience understands. The general public doesn't understand much besides gtld and cctld so if you target a mainstream audience your best bet is a .com (or cctld).

I hope that helps :)
Well, the audience understands what they came to watch. Maybe they even paid tickets for it. If, as you say, it's not about the domain extension but what they understand, then perhaps we should be more in touch with expectations. And I respect buyer's decisions, even if I don't agree with them.

There may even come a time where I understand the "why" behind the buy.

•••
And I respect buyer's decisions, even if I don't agree with them

Same here. Whatever works is fine. I'm extension agnostic, if that's even a thing :).

•••
Dear,
I recently sold one .xyz domain for 20,000 RMB, that’s around $3,000
So it’s possible.

•••
•••
Hi

a lot of spinsters, trying to spin a specific usage for an extension
when proof is shown, that contradicts their statements, then they throw other smack into the argument.

read what's written

imo...

•••
Hi

a lot of spinsters, trying to spin a specific usage for an extension
when proof is shown, that contradicts their statements, then they throw other smack into the argument.

read what's written

imo...

Again, no. They use a .com and treat their XYZ matching domain as an alias for their main domain. That's no spin , that's a fact. Has nothing to do with opinion, whether I like it or not, whether you like it or not.

As for specific usage. Not far fetched or unreasonable at all. Basically same kinda usage gen.xyz is promoting.

So I really don't get why people get upset when someone points that out.

It's not criticism, it's reality.

Last edited:
•••
My point is swetha is posting $50k sales of xyz weekly and those domains suck compared to sav.com xyz domains that sold for $500.
I understand the renewal fees are higher with sav xyz domains but they are 100x better and still should sell for $50k with $5k renewal fee.
Why haven’t we heard of sav selling their premium xyz names for $50k. They are 100x better and renewals are worth it.
You can buy sav xyz domains for $500 and pay $3000 renewal for 15 years…still cheaper than $50k swetha xyz domains.
No i am not jealous…just trying to figure out the truth. Something does not seem right here.
And only reason people are selling xyz names for $3k is because swetha posting $50k sales.
Why don’t we hear $50k xyz sales from other people who are holding 100x better xyz domains but not selling any of them not even for $10k.
Some of the xyz domains swetha posting ..you can probably buy the dot com for $50k
Makes no sense.

•••
My point is swetha is posting $50k sales of xyz weekly and those domains suck compared to sav.com xyz domains that sold for $500.
I understand the renewal fees are higher with sav xyz domains but they are 100x better and still should sell for $50k with $5k renewal fee.
Why haven’t we heard of sav selling their premium xyz names for $50k. They are 100x better and renewals are worth it.
You can buy sav xyz domains for $500 and pay $3000 renewal for 15 years…still cheaper than $50k swetha xyz domains.
No i am not jealous…just trying to figure out the truth. Something does not seem right here.
And only reason people are selling xyz names for $3k is because swetha posting $50k sales.
Why don’t we hear $50k xyz sales from other people who are holding 100x better xyz domains but not selling any of them not even for $10k.
Some of the xyz domains swetha posting ..you can probably buy the dot com for $50k
Makes no sense.
Most of buyers form sav are domainers seeking for wholesale price and most of time only end users will pay for 50k+ in the market places when they want a specific name.
xyz symbolizes web3 in public so businesses involved in .xyz might want an abnormal name in its extension more than the equivalent in .com, .xyz is taking the different path means it contradict the general thoughts thinking house.xyz cloth.xyz are more valuable.

•••
What is so web3 about these?

bailout.xyz - $19,888
homepage.xyz - $60,000
quest.xyz - $69,888
pluto.xyz - $50,904
paramount.xyz - $45,000
mural.xyz - $39,888
collective.xyz - $37,000
squid.xyz - $34,888
anagram.xyz - $29,888
otherside.xyz - $29,888
dexterity.xyz - $29,888
parasol.xyz - $29,888
kylin.xyz - $28,394
campground.xyz - $27,888
kindred.xyz - $27,888
agora.xyz - $27,888
arcade.xyz - $25,500
aperture.xyz - $19,888
runway.xyz - $19,888
tiptop.xyz - $15,000
daylight.xyz - $14,888
common.xyz - $14,888

•••
Most domains sell publicly for resale or wholesale prices. Any low-priced deals will get picked up, especially if the owner set their prices awhile ago and forgot. But yes, most high ticket sales are from a handful of power brokers.

•••
Why flowers.mobi bought for 6500 sold for 5K? Why didn't it sell for 200K as the previous owner bought it for.

•••
What is so web3 about these?

bailout.xyz - $19,888
homepage.xyz - $60,000
quest.xyz - $69,888
pluto.xyz - $50,904
paramount.xyz - $45,000
mural.xyz - $39,888
collective.xyz - $37,000
squid.xyz - $34,888
anagram.xyz - $29,888
otherside.xyz - $29,888
dexterity.xyz - $29,888
parasol.xyz - $29,888
kylin.xyz - $28,394
campground.xyz - $27,888
kindred.xyz - $27,888
agora.xyz - $27,888
arcade.xyz - $25,500
aperture.xyz - $19,888
runway.xyz - $19,888
tiptop.xyz - $15,000
daylight.xyz - $14,888
common.xyz - $14,888

Most of Swetha's names above are great brandable names for a Web3 startup. That's why wealthy Web3 companies are buying these kinds of names for these prices. Otherside.xyz is now used by Yuga Labs, the biggest name in NFTs. Paramount, Quest, Aperture, Kindred, Parasol, Anagram, etc. are all great brandables for Web3 companies.

These are all lousy brandable names for a Web3 startup:

gifts.xyz
flowers.xyz
baby.xyz
debt.xyz
funds.xyz
tour.xyz
beer.xyz
doctor.xyz
about.xyz
jewelry.xyz

These are merely descriptive, categorical dictionary words that convey nothing "cool" or "edgy" like most of Swetha's sales above do. Different English words convey different vibes to different audiences. The Web3 audience clearly likes Swetha's names, which represent less than 2% of the 20,000 .xyz domain names she registered with renewal fees grandfathered in years ago at lower rates when the extension was just getting started.

Anyone who owns 20,000 domain names is going to have sales that just stumble in on a regular but random basis. It's just statistical probability. Couple that with the astute choice of words she made years ago for many of her names, some of the randomness goes away to reveal higher volume of sales at higher prices, which she has increased as Web3 demand for .xyz has increased.

We welcome Swetha's higher and higher priced sales to help us establish strong sales comps for our own .xyz portfolio which is only ~25 today.

•••
gifts.xyz
flowers.xyz
baby.xyz
debt.xyz
funds.xyz
tour.xyz
beer.xyz
doctor.xyz
about.xyz
jewelry.xyz

SAV is almost a deserted platform, due to their policy of indiscriminate banning of potential buyers. So you have extremely limited number of buyers against unlimited number of domains, resulting in significant downward impact on prices.

Last edited:
•••
SAV is almost a deserted platform, due to their policy of indiscriminate banning of potential buyers. So you have extremely limited number of buyers against unlimited number of domains, resulting in significant downward impact on prices.
Hi

if, that is true, then...
those "limited number of buyers",
will have huge opportunity to acquire the best names from that "unlimited domain pool".

and of course,
if there are less bidders, then...
prices won't get over-inflated in competitive bidding wars.

logically speaking...

imo...

•••
•••
As example: DOCTOR.XYZ reg. price is 3000 USD / renew price is 3000 USD / transfer is also 3000 USD
Standard renew price for a regular .XYZ is 9.99 USD
Wow. That's a lot of money here

•••
A lot of those auctions end with deadbeat bidders too. I get e-mails regularly as I like to watch the prices that some of them go for.

Some premiums renew at only $205, $500ish and $1025ish. Again it's fun to watch and for a couple, I have been tempted.

•••
Premium domains propaganda or repeated nuisance.

Lets say we wanted to hold 100 premium domains which are having avg renewal 1000 usd.
We have to spend 100*1000 = 100K per year.
Avg sell through rate is 1% or 1.5% or 2% if we are lucky.
So we have to sell a domain for more than 100K to breakeven. TBH, Thats not viable right now.
We will get the time when we sell them for more than 100K. Then we could hold some premium domains.
I have informed so many times i dont have any premium domain, except 1.
I think this SAV seller has been buying all the premium domains and putting them in the auction to get short term profits. We should ask that seller how its working for them.

Last edited:
•••
Premium domains propaganda or repeated nuisance.

Lets say we wanted to hold 100 premium domains which are having avg renewal 1000 usd.
We have to spend 100*1000 = 100K per year.
Avg sell through rate is 1% or 1.5% or 2% if we are lucky.
So we have to sell a domain for more than 100K to breakeven. TBH, Thats not viable right now.
We will get the time when we sell them for more than 100K. Then we could hold some premium domains.
I have informed so many times i dont have any premium domain, except 1.
I think this SAV seller has been buying all the premium domains and putting them in the auction to get short term profits. We should ask that seller how its working for them.

So far, it doesn't look good.

•••
if there are less bidders, then...
prices won't get over-inflated in competitive bidding wars.

logically speaking...

imo...
It's the other way round. Premium domains are being sold for peanuts, not over-inflated. see below.

gifts.xyz
flowers.xyz
baby.xyz
debt.xyz
funds.xyz
tour.xyz
beer.xyz
doctor.xyz
about.xyz
jewelry.xyz

•••
It's the other way round. Premium domains are being sold for peanuts, not over-inflated. see below.
Hi
perhaps you should "re-read" what i wrote

imo...

•••
Talk in this thread about what is a good name in .xyz versus what are top keywords in other extensions.

This link gives the 80 publicly-announced on NameBio, sales in .xyz from the last 12 months only that were $10,000 plus in value. They total $2.6 million, an average price of $32,400.

https://namebio.com/?s==ATM1UDM5YzM

For the most part, they are dictionary, not too long, single words, mainly nouns or verbs. In general they are not exact product/service match names. They are names that if you speak or write make a good brand for a company, and could mean many things, rather than a specific product of a company. Some of them are not particularly common words, while others are very common.

There are exceptions, of course. This is what has sold in the recent past at retail prices, and future may not necessarily show same characteristics.https://namebio.com/?s==ATM1UDM5YzM

Bob

PS I had a look at characteristics of what sold in XYZ a few months ago. Looked at type of name, length, creation year, number of other TLDs, etc.
https://www.namepros.com/blog/past-12-months-of-xyz-a-look-at-the-data.1264760/

Last edited:
•••
Good name ,
I rarely see XYZ trading at high prices,
Except for the queen.

•••
Makes no sense.

Rather than beating about the bush, be direct in your assertions / suspicions.

What do you believe is going on?

•••
gifts.xyz
flowers.xyz
baby.xyz
debt.xyz
funds.xyz
tour.xyz
beer.xyz
doctor.xyz
about.xyz
jewelry.xyz

Probably because on Sav auctions these sold.

•••
Back