NameSilo

domain Please appraise MediaCloud.net (.com sold this month for $20,750)

Spaceship
Watch

InterNation

Impact
On 12th April 2024, mediacloud.com sold on Godaddy's Expired Domain Auction.
There were 101 total bids and it finally sold for $20,750.

With all the attention and money being thrown at the .com, I noticed that the .net version quietly slipped by under the radar (they both were expired!).

Like everybody else I was just too late to get the .net before it dropped, but lo and behold I got lucky on the dropcatch!!!

So I am interested in selling MediaCloud.net for a reasonable price.
What is your opinion?

In following the expired auction of the .com version, I came across the following online Estimations:
  • Godaddy: $11,466 (It sold on Godaddy for nearly double that!)
  • Dynadot: $10,161
  • Saw.com: $16,000 (nearest to the actual sale amount of the domain)
  • Estibot: $7,700
  • Humbleworth.com: Low Median of $5,240, High Median of $143,000 (upto $321,000)

Interesting Extras reported by Estibot and Saw.com, regarding the keyword MediaCloud:
  • Advertisers apparently pay over $10 per click
  • It is rated as a "Gold Keyword" featuring in the top 40,000

Interestingly, domainindex.com appraises the .net version much higher than the .com:
mediacloud.net $10,500
mediacloud.com $1,930

What is your opinion on the value of MediaCloud.net?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
- redacted -

Last edited:
•••
Is MediaCloud.net your domain? There are always gTLD options like .media .cloud ...

Yes, MediaCloud.net is my domain and I am looking to sell.

The only domain hack for the same keyword would be media.cloud, which is listed at $64,000.

•••
$35 to $185 = Reseller Value Speculation (NOT an end user speculation)

•••
$35 to $185 = Reseller Value Speculation (NOT an end user speculation)
Hi Jordan, thanks for your opinion.
However, I'd say that's a bit low even for resellers. There are no indicators that the value would be in that region.

•••
Yes, MediaCloud.net is my domain and I am looking to sell.

The only domain hack for the same keyword would be media.cloud, which is listed at $64,000.

-- redacted --

Last edited:
•••
Hate to say this,

But as per records, the name is already trademarked ; )

Cite: Trademark # 76115630 dated Aug-2020 filed by Media Cloud Inc.

This Trademark Application was never finalized, and was in fact Abandoned on 30th July 2002.

See the abandonment notice at the US Patent And Trademark Office:
tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn76115630&docId=NOA20021107074419&linkId=1#docIndex=0&page=1

•••
Yea , Certainly worth a punt in the .Net. even seems quite appropriate, Watch out for the same or very similar in TM's but seems quite generic to me in this day and age.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back