IT.COM

1 or one?

Spaceship
Watch
Just curious (I think I know the answer).

Could you rank these best to worse (not interested in an appraisal as I do not own them). Thanks.

OneDayOnly.com
1DayOnly.com
OneDayOnly.net
1DayOnly.net

Just interested in the "weight" of the printed # versus the numerical #.

ST

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In order

OneDayOnly.com
1DayOnly.com
OneDayOnly.net
1DayOnly.net

The word spelled out is better than the number for numbers 1 thru 10 and I would go for the numeral for 11 and up. (11DaysOnly.Com over ElevenDaysOnly.Com)

UNLESS, the number is branded as part of your corporate name (ie: Motel 6, Level 3 Communications)

•••
Thanks for your explanation RJ.

ST

•••
Here's my thoughts on One and 1

OneDayOnly.com: the best, people would type this in
OneDayOnly.net: net's always take second

1DayOnly.com: I believe people don't like to type numbers, most people can't type, they touch type. Moving from the keys they worked so hard to figure out, just to find a number only frustrates them. Anyone who touch types (watching the keys while they type) knows the sudden stop they experience when they have to find that number.

1DayOnly.net: net's always take second

Just my two cents,

•••
Thanks KingDon, I can relate.

ST

•••
"OneDayOnly.com" ... and should one decide to develop it, also be sure to secure "1DayOnly.com", IMHO.
B-)

•••
.com is naturally preferable to .net.

On the other hand, 1DayOnly.com would probably be listed ahead of OneDayOnly.com in a lot of directories, including Yahoo, which means more traffic. Its also shorter, so "1DayOnly.com" may be easier to type that "OneDayOnly.com".

That said, I'll also think about registering both, but market as "1DayOnly.com".

Regards,

Apollo

•••
I'd also reg both versions if I had developments plans, 1 and one .com.

Mike

•••
Thanks guys. I don't own these (just used them for examples). Good feedback. Useful.

ST

•••
OneDayOnly.com
1DayOnly.com
OneDayOnly.net
1DayOnly.net

.COM are first and .COM with number in it are second

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back