Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

omelet

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@omelet

The contest is over / Please announce a winner by the 27th.

Thank you.

Hi Mod

Can I add $20 more on the budget and extend 7 days of this contest? So far I am still looking for some more options on the logo. Is that OK?

•••
That isn't an option at this time. Please review the rule posted below.

3. Contests may not have an end date greater than 10 days and can only be extended by a maximum of 48 hours if less than 4 designs are entered by 4 different designers.

Please announce a winner by 12 AM CST today.

Thanks!

•••
That isn't an option at this time. Please review the rule posted below.

3. Contests may not have an end date greater than 10 days and can only be extended by a maximum of 48 hours if less than 4 designs are entered by 4 different designers.

Please announce a winner by 12 AM CST today.

Thanks!

I think you should communicate with your team and allow me more time to work with designers.

If hosting a campaign without a final satisfaction, is that part of your mission?

I'll raise total compensation to $80 in this case, please communicate within mod team and allow me more time

thanks

•••
To all of the contest participants,

I and my partners discussed all the designs during the weekend and we believed that the logo can be better off if we provide more directions and references.

We are really appreciated your hard work and support, and we think it would be unfair if we pick a "winner" among the unsatisfied works.

We have requested for a 7 days or 10 days extension on this design contest, and accordingly, we will update the total compensation to $80 finally. I hope the mod will accept my request.

thanks @Mod Team Alfa for your understanding

O

•••
If that is not an option and you choose my design, I would work with you by private message to get details perfected.

•••
If that is not an option and you choose my design, I would work with you by private message to get details perfected.
If mod say a “no”, I ll go with your offered direction

•••
Hello,

This contest ended 7 days ago. You can't add a 48 hour extension after the maximum allowed time to announce a winner (after the contest already ended) has been reached. A 48 hour extension needs to be used on or before the end date, not 7 days after it.

Reviewing the rule:
The rule above also stipulates that there must be less than 4 designs from 4 different designers and this contest has more than 4 from more than 4 different designers, so it doesn't qualify for an extension.

Please announce the official winner in the thread and work with them to finalize the files and payment.

Thanks.

•••
Hello,

This contest ended 7 days ago. You can't add a 48 hour extension after the maximum allowed time to announce a winner (after the contest already ended) has been reached. A 48 hour extension needs to be used on or before the end date, not 7 days after it.

Reviewing the rule:
The rule above also stipulates that there must be less than 4 designs from 4 different designers and this contest has more than 4 from more than 4 different designers, so it doesn't qualify for an extension.

Please announce the official winner in the thread and work with them to finalize the files and payment.

Thanks.

No problem. I will announce a winner.

But you guys really need to re-consider to fix your rigid rules which is extremely lack of resilience.

I have run over 10 design contests here, and there were a few times (3-4) I didn't have a very satisfying result.

I think you should allow the contest holder to extend the period in order to receive more options. What the most important is that both the holder and designers satisfied in the end, meaning I have great design, and the designer got fair payment. Timing should not be the NO.1. thing. Timing should NOT constrain the creativity. We need more time to discuss, evaluate, and polish back and forth.

You mod guys have no understanding in design. As the platform, you should protect both holder and designers interest, and respect their happiness, not yours.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Congrats. :)

I think you didn't have a clear idea about what type of logo you'd like to have, that's why you didn't get one that perfectly fits your needs. Your ideas changed from post to post. Once you wanted something simpler, then you wanted more accessories, then you wanted it to glow.
Most of the time you preferred Altruist Design's concepts, so I think it's just fair you chose them as a winner, so you can work on the design together, instead of getting more people involved in vain. :)

•••

I think you didn't have a clear idea about what type of logo you'd like to have, that's why you didn't get one that perfectly fits your needs. Your ideas changed from post to post. Once you wanted something simpler, then you wanted more accessories, then you wanted it to glow.
Most of the time you preferred Altruist Design's concepts, so I think it's just fair you chose them as a winner, so you can work on the design together, instead of getting more people involved in vain. :)

Totally agree!

I would like also to add the fact that you should give an update when you reach your deadline. If you would have requested an extension after your first 10 days deadline, I think the mods would have approved your request.
Time is important, for everyone. We take from our time to concept a design and to make all the requested modifications, so you should do the same and consider to give updates frequently, otherwise you will get the same situation as this one.

•••

You hv strong personable style in your designs, which is not bad thing for some types of project. But in open contest I was looking for more variations in the character design

You can see I care more about the character designs, then the style ( color, etc). Your logo issue is that the cow character kept almost the same in different versions.

I got quite clear image in my mind but didn’t see much work getting close to it. I try to offer more of my expectations to you guys to get inspired but didn’t see much changes

Altruist do offered more variations so I engaged more with him

•••
Totally agree!

I would like also to add the fact that you should give an update when you reach your deadline. If you would have requested an extension after your first 10 days deadline, I think the mods would have approved your request.
Time is important, for everyone. We take from our time to concept a design and to make all the requested modifications, so you should do the same and consider to give updates frequently, otherwise you will get the same situation as this one.

I need time to think and taste your concept/ design

•••
You hv strong personable style in your designs, which is not bad thing for some types of project. But in open contest I was looking for more variations in the character design

You can see I care more about the character designs, then the style ( color, etc). Your logo issue is that the cow character kept almost the same in different versions.

I got quite clear image in my mind but didn’t see much work getting close to it. I try to offer more of my expectations to you guys to get inspired but didn’t see much changes

Altruist do offered more variations so I engaged more with him
Thank you. :)

I feel like my characters did change, but maybe I just didn't get your hints of not liking them at all. :angelic:

Anyway, good luck with the project, hope it will be successful. :)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back