Domain Empire

Acquiring for web projects

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

777domains

Account Suspended (Warnings)
Impact
What is the most popular acquiring service for international Internet projects?

For example, I want to create service like LinkedIn, what may I use to get payments?

Thanks for your tips.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
what exactly do you want to do?

•••
create service (site) and receive payments from visitors (advertisers) via credit cards, paypal etc (but using 1 acquiring system, not entering into agreements with each payment system)

sorry for my English

•••
Looks like you have no choice but credit cards.
Or how about having more than one way for people to pay?
Or accept bitcoins.

Better, just scrap your idea because linkedin has that market to itself, and copy cats would not last long.

•••
If i understand, you're looking something like 2checkout.com ?

•••
People from different countries may pay with their local method (eg qiwi.com).

Linkedin was an example.

Yes, something like 2checkout.com but may be more popular.

•••
2checkout.com is definitely popular :)

•••
Perhaps get lots of free customers now, and work out the paid version later?

Hard to get going if your first customers need to pay.

For example, name a top web business (virtual, no physical products) that started out with paying customers?

•••
name a top web business (virtual, no physical products) that started out with paying customers? -- cloud projects, head hunters, consulting

What about sites with direct advertisers which place banners?

•••
When I build a new website I don't place ads on it until I have a decent audience. Fees and ads scare people off.

If you do start off with fees, what you are offering needs to be extremely compelling. Most new business owners tend to overestimate how good their product is.

I wouldn't class cloud projects, head hunters, consulting as virtual. Virtual, to me, is where servicing an extra customer doesn't cost you any more. Like giving away 1000 ebooks costs the same as giving away 2000.

•••
When I build a new website I don't place ads on it until I have a decent audience. Fees and ads scare people off.

If you do start off with fees, what you are offering needs to be extremely compelling. Most new business owners tend to overestimate how good their product is.

I wouldn't class cloud projects, head hunters, consulting as virtual. Virtual, to me, is where servicing an extra customer doesn't cost you any more. Like giving away 1000 ebooks costs the same as giving away 2000.
Your tips are useful, thanks.

But my problem is to decide how I'm going to receive payments (what payment system requires), because I want to work as a legal entity, not an individual.

If I set up a company that for some reasons will not be able to accept payments from citizens of some countries (or problems with taxes, bank accounts) I would have to register another company. I have to think ahead.

•••
Have you looked at what CCBill has to offer?

•••
Why do you need a company right now? Wouldn't it be a good idea to start a business later, when you will have some traffic? I'm sure it would be a not so bad idea to do so.

•••
Why do you need a company right now? Wouldn't it be a good idea to start a business later, when you will have some traffic? I'm sure it would be a not so bad idea to do so.
Because I need a trust from the beginning.

•••
Hmmm... I see. Good point :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back