NameSilo

AdSense and Marijuana

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

iMersky

Account Closed
Impact
I was just wondering if anyone knows if it is against Google's TOS to use adsense on a marijuana site? Is it against it for both medical and recreational?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yup it's against TOS. There is nothing about medical use of it in TOS but if they decided to ban you I doubt they would take excuses about not mentioned it TOS.

•••
Neither type of usage is permissable:

Sites with Google ads may not include or link to:

* Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia content
* Sales of beer or hard alcohol
* Sales of tobacco or tobacco-related products
* Sales of prescription drugs

source: https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=48182

I guess if you're only TALKING about medicinal use you might nit-pick and argue that it's OK, but personally I wouldn't go there unless someone from Google specifically told me it was OK. Why risk your account? Either leave it be or contact them and ask about it.

Last edited:
•••
I was just wondering if anyone knows if it is against Google's TOS to use adsense on a marijuana site? Is it against it for both medical and recreational?

The best thing to do is to send an email to Adsense support and ask if this is ok. It is to make sure that you are on the safe side. But personally will agree to what others said: that is, most probably, Adsense will not allow this.

•••
Alright, thanks for the help.

•••
My advise, is to avoid it. You have tons of topics to write about out there.

•••
Dont do it, adsense is super strict about the content on sites.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back