Dynadot

AdSense Newbie Question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am wondering something. I am trying to get my site to show more relevant Google ads as people are not clicking on the ones that are there, but I can understand that. When Google shows a house painting for Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, it's not likely to get a click. I have an art site, so it seems that Google likes to stick to that subject, though I would like it to relate to the content of the images. I've tried putting descriptions in with keywords for that and in some pictures, that works fine, but others it doesn't. On my news page, I've used every combination of news I can think of and it still shows the ad as being art related, rather than news related. Is this just because Google hasn't done a reindex of the whole site yet, or is there something else I need to do?

Also how important in it's selection process is the meta tags when determining an ad? I didn't see that really listed in their "how to get more out of Google Adsense" article.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Meta tags are fairly worthless.

Check your raw logs to see if "mediabot" has been back to visit you since your updates.

And keep tweaking the content of your site to get ads that you want, it sometimes takes a lot of trial and error.

-Allan

•••
Thanks

Thanks for the info. Don't see mediabot in the graphic logs. Don't think I have access the raw subdomain logs, at least not where I can find them. How often does it come around? Can you ask it to come around? I get visited by Googlebot every couple of days or so, but it only looks at a very few of the actual pages.

•••
MediaBot visits my larger sites almost constantly it seems, smaller sites vary widely.

To "make it come"? Rumor is if you change the ad format and ad more ads, it helps.

-Allan

•••
Google does a pretty good job at finding the ads that work best on your site. If the Buffy ads are not being clicked on, it will try other ones until it finds ones that are receptive to your visitors. Likewise, if someone clicks the Buffy ad you can expect to see more of the same in the future. This is an ongoing process.

If you see ads that are inappropriate for your site, you can always block the specific ads by excluding them in your Adsense user area.

•••
Maybe that explains it. I have four Buffy portraits on my site that I painted myself. Two of them come up with Buffy ads, two of them with art ads. Same type of descriptions, titles, etc. I've had some clicks, so maybe the others are the ones that got them. Interesting.

•••
sunken said:
Maybe that explains it. I have four Buffy portraits on my site that I painted myself. Two of them come up with Buffy ads, two of them with art ads. Same type of descriptions, titles, etc. I've had some clicks, so maybe the others are the ones that got them. Interesting.

Use channels and find out :)

-Allan

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back