Dynadot

AdSense problem

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Could some people try logging into adsense. I try to login and it says my application is not verified yet or something. I've used this account for months now.

" An AdSense account does not exist for this login, as it is associated with an unapproved application."

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I dunno as I just joined adsense, but it sounds as if they've put a stop on your account because of some sort of violation. You should send them an email.

•••
I don't know what could have been violated.

Account Not Active
An AdSense account does not exist for this login, as it is associated with an unapproved application. For more information about your application, please review the message we sent to the email address you provided with your application.

This looks like the message people recieve if they haven't verified their email address yet. And I haven't gotten any emails from them reciently.

•••
i just logged in and everything was fine.

•••
Originally posted by smh7233
i just logged in and everything was fine.

I'm getting worried that they froze my account, but I don't know why they would do it. I haven't changed anything about how i use adsense in two months

EDIT: Now the ads don't show on my pages! I still have yet to get any emails from google.

•••
Originally posted by Kodeking
I'm getting worried that they froze my account, but I don't know why they would do it. I haven't changed anything about how i use adsense in two months

EDIT: Now the ads don't show on my pages! I still have yet to get any emails from google.

thats weird. ive never had anything like that happen to me so i dont really know what to tell you. i guess just wait for an email from google.

•••
Normally they send an email warning message if there's a problem. Did you ever get one?

Doesn't sound good, keep us posted Kode.

•••
Originally posted by -RJ-
Normally they send an email warning message if there's a problem. Did you ever get one?

Doesn't sound good, keep us posted Kode.

Didn't recieve an email before this (as a warning) and haven't recieved one yet. Right now the server i am hosted on must be down, and I cant retrieve my emails. When I can, I will post an update.

•••
i still can't access my email because:

Hi,

We are aware of this, attacks have been launched from that server resulting
in more than 1.8GB a minute of data being aimed at other servers. We are
working on finding who is performing the attacks so we can terminate their
account.

They have the server shut off i guess

•••
Wow, thats a ton of traffic. Keep us updated here.

•••
I think im just gonna give up on google and sell my own advertising space for $20 a week or so

•••
Update:
Hello Jason,

Our records indicate that your account was previously disabled because
invalid clicks were generated on the ads on your site(s). As a result, the
ad code will not function on your site(s) and you will not be able to log
onto the account. Please understand that this step was taken in an effort
to protect the interest of the AdWords advertisers.

Sincerely,

The Google Team

This is the second time this has happened to me, and I never click the ads myself!

Also on a side note: both times, this happened right before "payday".

Is it even worth responding to google?

Last edited:
•••
Sometimes, google people can be asses.

•••
Why did I not get invalid click warnings. And how can I help it?!?! Google just wants to keep as much money as they can for themselves so they find a miniscule problem and cancel an account for it.

I'm just mad that other people get warnings first, and I dont even get an email when this happens. Not one email telling me what they are doing and why. So I have to find out when ads don't show.

I think im finished with google.

•••
Well I hope this doesn't happen to me. I'm just starting with google.

•••
Hello Jason,

As mentioned in our email to you on December 22, 2003, our records
indicate that your account was previously disabled because invalid clicks
were generated on the ads on your site(s). As a result, the ad code will
not function on your site(s) and you will not be able to log onto your
account. Please understand that this step was taken in an effort to
protect the interest of the AdWords advertisers.

Sincerely,

The Google Team

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
Wrom: FVWRKJVZCMHVIBGDADRZFSQHYUCDDJBLVLMHA
Subject: Account Status
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 09:21:14 -0800

Hi,
My account was reciently frozen for invalid clicks. I really don't
understand why my account would need to be removed when I can't control
what others click on and when. I have no incentive to force others to
click, and I really don't get many clicks in the first place.

I did not recieve a warning about the issue by email, so I didn't even
have a chance to find out what was happening.

I also did not recieve an email when the account was removed. I had no
notification at all. It just locked me out, and ads didn't display. Is
this the regular practice?
Could Google please review the cancelation, and give a little more
information on the reason.

Thanks for hearing me out,
Jason Tokoph

Can't they do anything

I think I'm going to sell my own advertising now. How does $20 a week sound for 1 of 3 banners in rotation on a site that gets around 10000 uniques and over 100,000 page views per week.

Last edited:
•••
Originally posted by Kodeking
Can't they do anything

I think I'm going to sell my own advertising now. How does $20 a week sound for 1 of 3 banners in rotation on a site that gets around 10000 uniques and over 100,000 page views per week.

That's a shame about Google. $20/wk sounds reasonable.

•••
•••
I think I may have figured out why google cancels for invalid clicks!

I looked in my server logs and found that a MASSIVE amount of traffic came from one ip number. After doing a search on whois.sc for the IP i found that it was for a virginia school district! So the many kids that browsed my site may have clicked 1 ad a piece but they all came from one IP number. Google probably thought this was one person clicking when in fact it probably wasn't.

This is only based off of what I observed and have not contacted google about this (and probably never will).

•••
man that sucks :(

Google turned me down for adult content.

The only adult content I have is a video from Africa showing how the tribes do circumcisions (OUCH! Not nice at all)

f-em. Google seems to be more concerned with IPO than people anymore.

the Spirit of Corporate America strikes again.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back