NameSilo

Anyone had any joy selling on Ebay !?

Spaceship
Watch

doofer

Top Member
Impact
Has anyone had any joy selling domains on Ebay ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I Sold a lot of old .co.uk names for 50 pounds each. Id say its a viable option.

•••
I tried but no succe$$! But probably cause I really didn't do my research about selling there.

•••
Any thoughts on having a domain listed on EBay & Godaddy premium simultaneously ?

If the domain were to sell on EBay, I guess GD may not be happy !?

•••
I just bought a number of domains off ebay from a member of namePros.

Saw an auction he had here, followed it through to his home page.
Everything went smoothly and made me consider doing it myself until I saw the 15% fee plus 3% paypal.

I think I'll stick to namePros and my homepage with no fees.

•••
So, it would seem if you want to sell your domain for a few dollars, literally or less, Ebays the place ! Alternatively, if you want to list a blatant trademark infringement, fill ya boots or maybe you want to list a hand reg for $XX,XXX, $XXX,XXX or even $X,XXX,XXX then it's the place to be !

On the other hand, if you want to try and sell a half decent domain for $XX OR $XXX then my conclusion is.....don't bother listing it on Ebay !

•••
Some of the names listed on eBay are funny. I've seen one guy who lists about 30 different names - all are hand reg and he asks between 50,000 - 250,000 pounds each.

He's the thing though. Some of them he's had on for a few years. When you check out the domain on Google the inflated price shows up.

A newbie / non-domainer or end user could easily be taken in by this, and really believe that the the domain with a 250K price tag, is a bargain for 10K.

The seller only needs to shift one or two to be quids in. Personally I think the bloke is a scammer (although he is doing nothing illegal) and immoral.

Best,
Paul

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back