IT.COM

Auction Script

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I'm thinking of developing the domain bidbay.net into an auction site. I'm looking for a good auction script to use. I don't want anything too fancy, at least at the beginning. If anyone could suggest something, that would be great. Other feedback and comments also welcome. :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
You should also try hotscripts.com!

•••
everysoft.com is the best free auctions script, plus there are alot of active support forums

•••
Have fun. If you can get at least 10000 uniques a day to your auction site it will probably do well.

•••
Thanks everyone, I'll try to take a look at everything and decide on which I want to use. Thanks again for you help.

•••
Try to market it too if you develop it.

•••
Maybe you can have someone steal ebay's site....j/k

•••
Ha that will be the day. :lol:

•••
eBay had a major lawsuit against BidBay.com not so long ago., be careful.

•••
That's a very good idea wicked_gal00...there used to be a major auction website located at bidbay.com, based near me in a town called Sunland, Ca. Last I heard they changed their name to BidBay Cafe and even opened up a coffee house there in Sunland. Pretty cool idea...get a cup of coffee and surf the net (this was a long time ago). Just thought you'de like to know...

•••
Originally posted by doubledee999
eBay had a major lawsuit against BidBay.com not so long ago., be careful.

Seem to recall the same thing, DD999.
Just be sure to thoroughly research this aspect, 'Gal.
Best of Luck with it.

•••
http://www.friendview.com/bid/ that looks like a pretty good little auction script...of course you edit it to look the way you want. I recently added fantastico to my hosting at www.nextway.com the auction script is one of the many preinstalled scripts...like one click and its installed where you chose in your directory. http://www.cpanelthemes.com/fantastico.php

shameless plug:
7.99 - 15gigs - 500mb, 1 domain
24.99 - 50gigs - 800mb, 3 domains
39.99 - 100gigs - 1000mb, 5 domains

cpanel, unlimited email, unlimited subs, mysql/php/cgi etc
if anyone is interested you can pm me the server page is not finished yet www.nextway.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back