Domain Empire

Automatic bid - Is GoDaddy support team dumb or am I?

Spaceship
Watch

siddardha

Established Member
Impact
I asked them on live chat why is 'Automatic bid' coming up in comments and what does it mean?

goddady auctions comments.png

And here is what they replied:
goddady reply.png
Here is the copy past reply from the chat:

Mamtha
at 12:42, Jun 9:
As i have checked automatic bid is ,For example if someone bid for the domain name we automatically our self godaddy bid for the same domain name for higher price so that we get godd biddings for that domain

Mamtha
at 12:45, Jun 9:
To be simple for some domains godaddy automatically bids for the domain name

:xf.confused::xf.rolleyes::xf.eek::ROFL::sneaky::cautious::unsure::zippermouth::banghead::shifty:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Seems like a very confused support person.
The easy answer is "automatic bid" is just a proxy bid.

Brad

•••
Well, it happens. Sometimes I have the feeling that he or she (not even sure in some situations) is not an English native speaker, so what you say is a challenge for them.

•••
Well, it happens. Sometimes I have the feeling that he or she (not even sure in some situations) is not an English native speaker, so what you say is a challenge for them.

I assume the person to be an Indian from the name 'Mamatha'

•••
I asked them on live chat why is 'Automatic bid' coming up in comments and what does it mean?

Show attachment 60853

And here is what they replied:
Show attachment 60852 Here is the copy past reply from the chat:

Mamtha
at 12:42, Jun 9:
As i have checked automatic bid is ,For example if someone bid for the domain name we automatically our self godaddy bid for the same domain name for higher price so that we get godd biddings for that domain

Mamtha
at 12:45, Jun 9:
To be simple for some domains godaddy automatically bids for the domain name

:xf.confused::xf.rolleyes::xf.eek::ROFL::sneaky::cautious::unsure::zippermouth::banghead::shifty:
It seems like two minions speaking to each other :xf.smile: :xf.grin: just kidding...hehe

•••
I assume the person to be an Indian from the name 'Mamatha'
I didn't want to say that, even if I'm almost 100% sure that Godaddy outsourced the support to India :)

•••
I didn't want to say that, even if I'm almost 100% sure that Godaddy outsourced the support to India :)

I don't think the entire support is outsourced
I am using the GoDaddy Indian version at
in.godaddy.com

•••
I'm always using the USA version of the site, but support is still the same :)

•••
•••
Wouldn't say dumb but many of them are quite clueless when it comes to anything but buying a product from them. Here's a tip when chatting with a not that knowledgeable GD rep and you need to get things done: ask the rep to ask help from 'advanced support team'. Should help, has for me.

•••
I'm always using the USA version of the site, but support is still the same :)

Could be possible that they outsourced it. The majority of Indians work for cheap when compared to the US.
It wouldn't be surprising if a support member is paid around $150-250 for a month

•••
Was the rep saying Godaddy bids on the names to jack up the auction prices?

•••
Was the rep saying Godaddy bids on the names to jack up the auction prices?

That was the dumb part I was talking about
Could be possible she had no clue about it

Her first reply was "Automatic bidding is nothing about all the information like bidding amount will be directly sent to the customer"

•••
Yep Agree, Most of the Time Copy & Pastes answers from GD Employer Handbook. Recently I noticed they Stoped sending emails too when there is transaction that is not going to go Through. I received Refunds Without Any Explanation .

•••
I thought automatic bid was when someone added their max bid and the software takes over the bidding for them up to their max bid?

•••
I thought automatic bid was when someone added their max bid and the software takes over the bidding for them up to their max bid?
That is Correct. it also called Proxy Bid.

•••
I guess I'm ready to work for GoDaddy support. :xf.laugh:

•••
I guess I'm ready to work for GoDaddy support. :xf.laugh:
I'm Pretty sure any Domainer on NP will do Better job and Have more Knowledge about Domains then GD Support.

•••
•••
I think it looked like she said that but she was trying to explain in broken English that it's the GoDaddy software that does it. At least that's what I got from it.

•••
Broken English is fine as long they know the topic and can help you out.

Support for Indian customers used to be alright around 2012-13, but pretty much fell off the cliff after that.

Their phone 'support' people know nothing and seem to be making up answers to technical issues.

More than once, their support has told me confidently that a GoDaddy backorder is for one attempt only - if it fails to get you the domain, you have to purchase a new one.:banghead:

GoDaddy phone support in India is that bad.

What's puzzling is the people in charge don't seem to be bothered by this - a random sampling of their phone support on any given day should have exposed the shortcomings a long time ago.

I usually approach chat support (with US selected) for any help.

Last edited:
•••
What's puzzling is the people in charge don't seem to be bothered by this
I think people in charge are still watching the support team. After each chat discussion, they are asking for feedback, and one question is related to the support member. So, if he or she receives permanently bad feedback, there is a high possibility that he or she will be fired.

•••
It has been this bad for almost 3-4 years now.

I never give bad reviews since I don't want anyone to be fired. I have stopped calling phone support here - GoDaddy US chat always seems to solve the issue for me.

But surely someone must be reviewing the support phone calls because of the 'This call may be recorded for quality blah blah blah' message that's played on every call. Or maybe not.

•••
It has been this bad for almost 3-4 years now.

I never give bad reviews since I don't want anyone to be fired. I have stopped calling phone support here - GoDaddy US chat always seems to solve the issue for me.

But surely someone must be reviewing the support phone calls because of the 'This call may be recorded for quality blah blah blah' message that's played on every call. Or maybe not.

It has been very bad for a long time. Worst thing GoDaddy did was to eliminate email customer service. More and more companies are doing this. The removal of this option of customer service is horrible for the consumer.

•••
when you give your max bid, it become automatique bid, aka proxy bid :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back