NameSilo

Blog media hosting

Spaceship
Watch
I've now turned the focus of what I do from webwork to more of a media perspective as I seem to be faring better in graphix design as well as working other media pojects than just web work (VHS to DVD, DVD creation, Startup screen creation, T-shirt desn, Audio mixing etc...) Anyway I'm thinking of creating a site that would allow blogers to host their own images and photos as well as video on my site that they could link to. The only problem that I am contemplating is if people wanted to host MP3's for background music for their blogs (as many xanga users do due to the new easy to use music integration option) Anyway, if someone hosted a copyrighted file it would become my problem but if I added an aggreement policy that stated something like

"All media hosted remains the property of the user. By uploading media to this site the user stipulates that all copyrights to the media are that of the user or that of a third party whom the user has obtained the rights to upload this file from. (My Site) Will not be held liable for the misuse of this free service. (My Site) Takes copyright infringement very seriously and will immediately delete any uploaded file found to be in violation of a copyright at the owner of the copyright's request. All relavent information will be turned over to the authories and copyright owners. (My site) reserves the right to not issue warning before deleating a file or banning of an user"

While not very well phrased you et thie jist of what I am trying to do. Would this protect me from lawsuits? (Legitimant that is, anyone can bring a frivolous lawsuit)

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't think you'll have to worry. As long as your monitor your uploads and make sure people know not to violate your TOS then you should be ok. I've not heard of a law suit filed before a C and D was issued.

What is the name of your site?

•••
still deciding on that

and of course I still have to figure out how to at least break even before I can be anywhere near launch, that's a lot of BW and webspace we're talking about

•••
I have a site that I will be selling soon. BlogShop.us. It is a fully functional free blog hosting service. I also can host your site. I will provide you with as much bandwidth as needed for $7.99 a month or $85 a year.
You pick your package and I'll set it up.

I also own Talk3d.com which provide media hosting for animators for free.
http://talk3d.com/gallery

Maybe we can network.
If you're interested PM me more details..

•••
•••
simpsons - we were talking about a legal issue (file hosting) and then moved toward a practical issue (paying for BW)...

•••
What a confusing thread. :P

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back