Dynadot

Can I sell trademark domains ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BillBill

Impact
As i know that some cases are defensible, a domain is generic and descriptive such as "carmovers.com" . For "carmovers.com, can i sell this domain (assuming it is trademarked) ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It depends on the actual domain, the trademark, who you want to sell it to, etc.

According to Paragraph 4(a) of the UDRP Policy, the UDRP Administrative Procedure is only available for disputes concerning an alleged abusive registration of a domain name; that is, which meet the following criteria:

(i) the domain name registered by the domain name registrant is identical or confusingly similar to a trademark or service mark in which the complainant (the person or entity bringing the complaint) has rights; and

(ii) the domain name registrant has no rights or legitimate interests in respect of the domain name in question; and

(iii) the domain name has been registered and is being used in bad faith

And they could still take you to court, rather than file a UDRP. Doesn't mean they would win. Doesn't mean they would lose either.

Last edited:
•••
It's hard + low cost
1698673432419.png

https://www.namepros.com/threads/common-names-domain-trademark.1308205/

•••
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: I just find this top Goo Glera
1698673690011.png

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back