Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

interassets

Established Member
Impact
NotePads.Io

notepads.png

Are you looking for a simple, low-maintenance long term subscription based business?

My name is Kyle, I'm the lead consultant at OnlineBusinessConsultancy.com and my passion is building beautiful online businesses! I've been working hard to build this beautiful, low maintenance subscription business, and this is your once in a lifetime opportunity to own it.

Notepads.io is a simple, well-designed SaaS note taking application that allows it's users to take and manage notes on any internet enabled device. Like most businesses I build, I've fallen in love with this one, so please only bid if you've got the determination to make it as great as it really could be!

The App

The app is an SaaS note taking app that allows users to create, manage and share rich notes. It's built using the cakePHP framework, PHP5.3 and MySql, and was developed and tested by a third party. However, I have spent a lot of time and money customising it to function as business by integrating a billing system and introducing free and premium accounts types, with subtle differences:

Key features:

• It's responsive; works everywhere, on all devices.
  • Secure, fast, and very user-friendly.
  • Notes are high quality, rich, notes with the option to add files (on all devices, inc. iPhone and iPad.)
  • Ability to publish public notes (think of the viral effect)
  • Built with a well documented framework (cakePHP), for easy and lost cost upgrades & development. (You can add features hiring someone on oDesk)
Take the app for a test drive: http://my.notepads.io

Monetization:

The site comes with three account options;

1. Free - Ad supported (Google, Buysellads, etc,) all features, but limited to 100mb storage (easy to consume.. great for upgrades ;).
  2. Professional - Ad Free, all features with 2GB data storage - $12/year (with 14 day trial and automated billing/invoicing)
  3. Lifetime - Ad Free, all features with 2GB data storage - $36/once
It's an awesome business in terms of profitability. There are no costs other than minimal server costs, marketing and minimal product development costs (if you want to).

Here are some estimated (but conservative) potential earnings;

• 5000/free users/year = $2500 ($0.50/ad clicks x 5000)
  • 1000/pro users/year = $12,000
  • 500/life users/year = $18,000
  • Income potential = $32,500/year+ more if willing to reinvest into advertising.
Of course, these are just estimates. But you can see the potential in the business. Think what you could do with $32,500/year and only a few hours work per week!

You have control over the pricing of the accounts. We thought it would be best to bill annually because people are more likely to forget and not cancel. The $12 fee is so small, it seems inconvenient to lose all your notes for the sake of $12/year!! Which means, if you keep this business up to date and market it well.. you could retire with this one app. It's a great opportunity.

Marketing

I've built a pretty awesome landing page at https://notepads.io which should in theory convince customers to give the app a go.

Attract traffic from:

• Search Engines (keyword perfect domain = clicks)
  • PPC advertising
  • Social media
  • Sharing of public notes
  • App store (potential to build native apps for additional revenue)
Happy to advise the winning bidder on marketing the business.

Did you know there are:

• 453,000 searches/month for notepad/notepads search terms
  • 33,000 searches/month for 'online notepad' search terms
Imagine capturing just 5% of this traffic/month = 20,000+ hits!

Business Management

The business is managed from 2 simple control panels, one for the note app and one for the billing and support. Included in the sale is training and set up. You don't need any technical knowledge – just the desire to drive customers and improve the app.

• Stripe/Paypal setup and ready to go
  • Works with Cloudflare's flexible free SSL
  • Works with standard hosting accounts
  • Minimal support/customisation efforts required
Included In Sale

• Premium Domain: notepads.io (worth $500+)
  • The website, all graphics and files
  • The custom billing system
  • The customised SaaS app
  • Full setup and support
Why .IO?

.IO domain names are hugely popular at the moment. The reason .io domains are so valuable is because companies that use .io domains are known as being great at what they do. This blog post explains it well:
"These new .io sites are almost artisanal in nature - small, well crafted and functional. It's like a TLD for techies with taste."

They are also short, sound good, and .io domains perform well in Google's search results. The reason for this is because they've been added to the geotargetable domains list. Microsoft bought Doc.io for $24,600, Elasticsearch just bought es.io for $30,000, and seo.io, sports.io, mega.io, and groups.io recently sold for $10k+. A lot of the tech startups that use .io domains are now very successful businesses, further reinforcing the idea that companies that use .io domains are "in the know" and part of the sophisticated tech crowd.

Any questions, please ask. Serious offers only.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back