Dynadot

".com" VS ".co.uk" in GeoDomaine??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

adam 17

Impact
I began collecting data about GeoDomain in England and noticed that the majority of potential customer stores have domains with the .co.uk extension.
Is this a positive or negative thing? Sometimes I think that this will help in convincing the customer when offering them a .com domain suitable for their business.
At other times, I think that perhaps in Britain," .co.uk " is considered the common and strong extension, making it difficult to sell a ".com " domain in England.
So, which of the two ideas is more accurate? I kindly request anyone with experience in the UK market to provide us with information about the British market ( GeoDomain).

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
From my experience I'd say we have probably 60 - 70% .co.uk , 25 - 35% .com and 5% everything else.

The .coms are mainly multi nationals or companies/brands that operate in the US as well. Most British based entities operate from a .co.uk name.

•••
From my experience I'd say we have probably 60 - 70% .co.uk , 25 - 35% .com and 5% everything else.

The .coms are mainly multi nationals or companies/brands that operate in the US as well. Most British based entities operate from a .co.uk name.
thank you. Is it possible to trade within .co.uk domains?

Last edited:
•••
thank you. Is it possible to trade within .co.uk domains?
Sure. There are some UK marketplaces out there if you look. Domainlore.uk is the most well known.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back