Dynadot

Contact Companys about a related domain to a product?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DSL

Established Member
Impact
Is this a good idea to do this to try and sell a domain? Contact the company and see if they will buy it? I want advice on this because I may do so...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah, it would be an excellent Idea ;)

•••
Originally posted by DaZ884
Is this a good idea to do this to try and sell a domain? Contact the company and see if they will buy it? I want adbvice on this because I may do so...

I'm pretty sure I saw this one in the "Appraisals" area, and I would say here also that the business of domains is "by the numbers". In other words, leave no stone unturned ... and work the numbers of potential contacts/suitors/"leads" and you'll find, over time, that the numbers usually work out in your favor, IMHO. The reasonableness of the Asking prices plays a big part in this ratio, as well. Not every domain name will be sold, but not every potential contact is always made, either. I am as guilty of this as the next person. Works those "leads", DaZ ... product-realted, or otherwise ... and be sure to research the matter from a potential ™ standpoint beforehand, as always. :)
Best of Luck.

•••
Better chance of selling a name, when you make the effort.. and the contact..
vs.. waiting for a company too contact you.

* That has only happened ONCE in my experience, where a company contacted ME.. all of my sales have been from a forum board.. or by direct email marketing.. & phone calls.

Goodluck!

•••
:|

I'm fairly new at this myself. I've owned domain names for years, but I've never done any marketing. There was a time when everyone said that you could not contact companies directly.

How would you go about contacting these companies?

Is there a certain way it should be done? Are there some types of companies one should avoid? Can you get a list of these companies or just look them up?

So many questions........:o

As always, any help is GREATLY appreciated!

•••
Originally posted by vwblubug
:|

I'm fairly new at this myself. I've owned domain names for years, but I've never done any marketing. There was a time when everyone said that you could not contact companies directly.

How would you go about contacting these companies?

Is there a certain way it should be done? Are there some types of companies one should avoid? Can you get a list of these companies or just look them up?

So many questions........:o

As always, any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Directly marketing your domain names to potential End user type "leads" should always be done ... as part of one's comprehensive reselling system, IMHO.
You may contact companies directly, but be sure to research any potential ™ issues beforehand, as mentioned above. Also, do not spam them at will ... rather, craft a professional, personalized marketing letter to the company's proper contact. Usually, their E-mail address(es) are clearly market on their website(s), which you can obtain by locating through Google and some of the other S/E's. Do a relevant search for compatibility with your domain name(s) by puttting your domain (without the extension, at fist) in "quotes" in Google for the most relevant results.
There are some sample "Marketing Letters" for your use, as well ... here in the Namepros "Marketing Forum". Designate a certain time period or amount of contacts to be made each and every day, and follow up on this plan on a consistent basis. Utilize your new personal Namepros "Domain Sales Site" in these efforts, as well.
Over time, you will revise and "fine-tune" your marketing efforts for effectiveness, and hopefully increased domain sales. :)
Best of Luck.

•••
I contacted a site this morning looking for a quick $100 sale, within minutes I got the reply saying that they will take it :) nothing major but moolah just the same. Their Domain was like USsomething.com and I owned the something.com making their product world wide and not limited to the US.

I probubly could have sold it for a bit more but this was my 2nd attempt to contact a possibly buyer and needed the sale/$ quick.

It does work :)

Mike

•••
Same here, after sending some emails to the right potential buyers, got a reply and sold the domain for a middle $$$ figure

•••
:kickass:

As always, you guys have been so helpful to this clueless newbie! (me)

Thanks sooooo much once again!!!!

Good luck to all!:xf.love:

•••
Originally posted by Tippy
It does work :)

Mike

Originally posted by Rico
Same here, after sending some emails to the right potential buyers, got a reply and sold the domain for a middle $$$ figure

I really believe the new Namepros personal "Domain Sales Sites" will help a great deal toward these efforts, as well. Collectively, the possibilities seem almost endless, IMHO.
Congratulations and keep up the great work! :)

Originally posted by vwblubug

As always, you guys have been so helpful to this clueless newbie! (me)

Thanks sooooo much once again!!!!

Good luck to all!:xf.love:

You're more than welcome!

:hearts:

•••
Another thing to remember. Keep at it (like CoolHost said). Usually you have to contact many leads before someone bites. Sometimes you get lucky, quite often you do not.

Good-luck!

ST

•••
Mixed reviews and expoeriences

Hello,

I have not had luck contactinbg companies. My philosiphy is based on holding out for value and that incoming money is always stringer.

Meaning that if someone contacts you then they are interested and are more likely to pay the true value for your name since they are the ones that initiated the connection.

My advice

Pick good words or word phrases and offer value add like site design to justify your price.

Best luck

Scott Alliy
DomainsAvailableNow.com

•••
Welcome to Namepros, DomainsAvailableNow.
I know it's late, but am I seeing quadruple (or more)?!? :o
B-)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back