IT.COM

Dedicated IP

Spaceship
Watch
whats the difference between a "normal" web hosting and one with a dedicated IP?

checking out one of the hosters the dedicated IP cost another $60.00 more. should i go for the dedicated IP?

how would taking one option or the other affect the number visitors to my site?

thanks for your answer

:kickass:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Its like a dedicated server.. Its your and only yours..

On normal webhosting the server and the IP address is shared on dedicated IP You the only one that uses the IP.

Am not sure how it would affect the number of visitors to your site but if it was dedicated server then clearly you wouldnt have to worry about sharing all those resources with others so the site will be alot faster..

Should Think about if you really need it just now and find out if you can upgrade anytime when needed.. also if you wanted to run your own SSL certs you would need the dedicated ip i believe..

•••
Sure, you need a dedicated IP to have your own SSL cert.

If you have a shared IP, this can be blocked because others used that for spam. If you have your own IP, you're sure what you're doing with that.

With a dedicated server, you'll always have 1 dedicated IP at least, and more often 2. Then you can setup your own nameservers on theses.

Hope that helps,
David.

•••
$60!! I pay a $1 a month for a dedicated IP.

•••
I agree. Don't pay much than $1 for a ded IP.

I hope the $60 fee is not only for the IP ? ;)

David.

•••
i think he means dedicated ip that comes with it

however most will offer dedicated for a slight addition to the fee (of the cheaper options for like 1-10 dollars)

•••
i havent paid yet but it is additional $5.00 per month for dedicated IP( still seeking hoster). Major Dad can you PM me where you are hosting? thanks

•••
Got ya covered. PM sent.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back