NameSilo

Developed domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I've heard that developed domains are really worth $$. So this summer I plan to do just that, take all 65 domain names that I own and develope them. Where is the best place to sell something like that? Ebay SUCKS, I can say that much. I've tried to sell so many sites, and it won't even go for $5 unless it's already making thousands a day lol.

I was thinking webhostingtalk.com, but I got banned from the advertising forums because of a mod messup :(

Any ideaS? Thanks:)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Actually DB I sell quite few sites on ebay. Price range is typically 500-2500 with an average sale of around $1200.

The funny thing is I always seem to have better luck with new sites versus sites that are making money.

I think the trick is doing something unique,,,not pushing a bunch of dotcombuilder cookie cutter sites where you are competing with many others who are doing the same.

There are various sites online that allow you to post sites for sale...

sitepoint.com for one

but typically it is all hit or miss from my experience.

One last thought...I buy names to develop. If that is the thought process you stick with I think it is easier to find niche areas to build where you can make some cash. If i were you I would spend my free time hanging around the scripts sites like hotscripts.com to get some ideas.

Good luck..development is where it is at unless the name is worth some cash on its own.

Larry

•••
There is also www.gethighforums.com

They have a place to sell websites. Just be aware there are strict posting rules as to the format of anything you want to sell.

Break a rule there and the hoards on the sidelines are just waiting to have you for lunch :)

•••
I just developed a home page and a type style for ComputingCafe.Com and sold it for $22. Earlier when I offerd to sell none were interested. [Polish those apples has always been a selling technique lol]

If you are developing 65 domains it may take a lot of time so you can first consider just a home page, logo, etc and they upgrade a few hot ones to a fully developed sites.

•••
Thanks for the advice, not my thread, but it helped me also :)

•••
Well, what do people really consider "developed?"
-I mean, to me... just having a layout to go along with a domain name isn't really being "developed." But, then again, I'm not entirely sure how others view the issue--which is why I'm asking. ^^;;

•••
"Developed" is likely very subjective. Perhaps its meaning has a direct correlation with the ease to this "development" by the owner/buyer. For instance, for me ... if there's a logo on it and some cursory links/layout, etc., I would say it's "developed". But to someone much more proficient at site building, garnering traffic, and actually having customers ... they may call it a "Welcome page". What can you do? ;)
Generally, though ... if you have verifiable traffic, and/or repeat customers that is where the distinction is drawn between simply owning a domain name and operating a functional website. Unless the domain is Business.com, I'd say achieving the maximum valuation for your domain would best be served by a degree of "development".
If that makes any sense. Long day today with all of the #1 Namepros enhancements.
WaaaHooo. :D

•••
Is Designbin.net still Active?

•••
Originally posted by Dr.Pepper
Is Designbin.net still Active?

As far as I know .... with 368 NP$, you gotta figure. Maybe he's on vacation now after selling some very high-profile domains?!? :D

:$:

•••
Thank you for your explanation, CH. :)
-But you are right... the term 'developed' is very subjective/open to interpretation.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back