Dynadot

Displaying colums

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
hi,

i need to display the colums inside a table how would i go about this?

is searched around but i couldnt find anything that i needed

thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You'll need to be more specific with your questions.

You should explain the best that you can what you're trying to do, and what languages/programs you're trying to do it with.

•••
using php with mysql

and ive got my database(registration) and ive got my table (2017)

and in the table there are feilds like this

pupil1
pupil3
pupil30

now i dont want the information in these colums i need to select the colums

because im making a absent report generator and each pupil is marked with a table colum eg

bob is pupil 2
john is pupil 1

etc etc

so im generating a form where they select the pupil (drop down box) but the value of the selection is the name of colum and the actual pupil name is just like a mask of the pupil id

•••
It still don't make much sense, you say you've got these fields, but you don't want the information is these columns, but you need to select these colums?

Now what are you actually attempting to say?

That you have a table named 2017 that stores the information of each pupil in a separate row:

row1: pupil1
row2: pupil2

Or is each puple actually stored on the same row in a separate column?
colum1 column2 column3
row1: pupil1 pupil2 pupil3
?

If that's the case then I would say that's your first problem, and would think that you may want to reconsider how you designed your database.

And your saying you need to display columns inside a table? What do you mean? Inside a table on a web page? Or are you just asking how to display the colums from a table in a database?

I'm just guessing because I don't understand your explanation, but if you can answer my questions and/or explain a little more clearyly then maybe I can help you. :D

•••
ah sorry

ok

i have my table 2017

i have then got my feilds (not 100% sure what there called :o) called ID, pupil1, pupil2, pupil3, pupil4, pupil5 etc etc then the entrys are stored in these "feilds"

sorta thing
sorry

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back